The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 year old with no experience in anything

Katsuya

Pook
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Feb 19, 2017
South Korea
Hello, everyone. I am glad to be able to join this forum. I am a 20-year-old guy living in South Korea. I am currently working as an ESL teacher in an academy making about $1400 a month.

I have no college degrees, certificates, or anything like that. I want to acquire a skill in something but I'm not sure what to put my time and effort into. I've been studying HTML and CSS during my free time but I just saw a thread that says learning to program is not a wise use of your time. What other skill should I put my time and effort into?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

domifreezy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 7, 2016
Try to educate your self in Marketing,Sales and Copywriting.
There are many threads in here, but I can also recommend books to you:
The Robert Collier Letter Book
Ca$hvertising

Also, you could learn something about timemanagment and self-improvement.:fistbump:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Hello, everyone. I am glad to be able to join this forum. I am a 20-year-old guy living in South Korea. I am currently working as an ESL teacher in an academy making about $1400 a month.

I have no college degrees, certificates, or anything like that. I want to acquire a skill in something but I'm not sure what to put my time and effort into. I've been studying HTML and CSS during my free time but I just saw a thread that says learning to program is not a wise use of your time. What other skill should I put my time and effort into?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Have you read the book?

Nily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 27, 2016
Sydney
You should ignore the coding thread.

It is merely weighting the pros and cons. But the comments have become more of a hindrance than beneficial recently.

So learn anything that helps you and use those skills to bootstrap your future projects.

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
I have no college degrees, certificates, or anything like that. I want to acquire a skill in something but I'm not sure what to put my time and effort into.

1> Read the book.
2> Learn at a macro level how Manufacturing, Distribution, Trading, Retail work for products. And Learn at a macro level the different service industries, for example, Consulting, Advertising, Marketing, Web services etc etc. You don't need to know the fine details just a basic understanding of what is what.
3> Evaluate very very thoroughly if you are willing to put life, sweat and blood into a business for 2-8 years for a lifetime of success?
4> If yes, choose an industry / niche you can have access to.
5> Develop a plan following the commandments in the Book. Always have an exit strategy, decide on a time period. You might fail multiple times before you succeed.
6> Read Books regularly, once you finish Fastlane Millionaire, I recommend Influence by Cialdini.

And Do the work! don't make me regret the last 3 minutes I spent writing this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ahmet1054

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 20, 2017
Paris, France
If you have no experience, you should:
_try to work in different enterprises through internships for example, to gain some experience, and maybe discover some "need" that you can fulfill :)
_watch Shark Tank: you can quicky learn where you have to focus on when it comes to start a company

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...