The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20, Out of school & country. Living on savings

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Continue developing games for IOS and Android - Not enough to sustain me ATM

I wouldn't worry about this -- you are building a story and a process. Keep grinding. Keep honing your skill. Keep learning.

The best analogy is baseball and taking swings at the plate -- after a couple of foul balls and a strike out or two, do you just quit? No you keep swinging. A 300 batter fails 70% of the time and yet, he ends up in the hall-of-fame.

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Hello everyone,

I would like to thank all of the forum participants for creating such contentful aggregate of Fastlane resources. I cannot state the amount of appreciation I have for this forum. And thank you MJ DeMarco for writing your book. It has opened my eyes widely and made them close to re-think my life.

I just wrote out my complete 2-year story of how I got to where I am now. Where is it? I deleted it. I have realized what mistakes I have done and what the nature of my character seems to gradually reveal to me.

What's left?
  • Made my first game for Android - expectations failed due to greed and self-obsession (August - Mid October, 2016)
  • Dropped out of YorkU (Accounting) 2nd year, 3/4 through 1st semester (End of October, 2015)
  • Procrastinated for 1/2 of the year.
  • Found out about The Millionaire Fastlane (Mid March, 2016)
  • Pulled together a budget within 3 weeks that will last me until the end of September back home
  • Bought one-way ticket back home and left immediately (April 15th, 2016)
  • Created a Motorcycle Crashing Game for Android and IOS that successfully failed my expectations due to lack of marketing efforts (Mid May, 2016)

Where am I now?

I have the options either to or:
  • Continue developing games for IOS and Android - Not enough to sustain me ATM
  • Delve into Marketing, Importing, and Sales - No idea what so ever (everything is new and exciting)

I decided to look into and learn everything I can about the latter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Half a year later.

Can not be more thankful for the forum and everyone who contributes here. I found a home and I found myself here. I've also realized that I pretty much know nothing about life and that my arrogance and ego is slowly being crushed and torn into pieces every day on this forum as I find out about people who are much wiser, smarter, and more productive than me. I have only to aspire to those above and follow the breadcrumbs they leave.

Thank you all.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Half a year later.

Can not be more thankful for the forum and everyone who contributes here. I found a home and I found myself here. I've also realized that I pretty much know nothing about life and that my arrogance and ego is slowly being crushed and torn into pieces every day on this forum as I find out about people who are much wiser, smarter, and more productive than me. I have only to aspire to those above and follow the breadcrumbs they leave.

Thank you all.

It's good that you see that life doesn't care about your stuff. These are tough, ego crushing lessons for young people that are raised being told they are special. This will make you tougher and wiser, we call them battle scars and we wear them proudly.

IMHO you don't need to compare yourself to others. You need to be one step better today than you were yesterday. You figure out your goals and metrics and you work to hit them. It's your life, your dreams, you set the sail and work for it.

Good luck.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Half a year later.

Thank you all.

don't apologize or anything.

i am 20 years older than you and living on savings too.

the good news is that you don't have to lose 20 years like me before turning 40.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Here I am 4 years later. Achievements? Nothing significant, yet. Enthusiasm? It's not what I have done, it's what I can still accomplish from now on.

Let's look at it this way: I was 20 and now I'm 24. If I spend another 4 years. I'll be 28. Would being financially independent at 28 be worth it? I'll take it over anything.

It feels that God has gifted some with more brainpower than others. That's okay... I'll live with breadcrumbs that I have. As long as I keep moving, I keep raising my chances higher.

One day I'll come back here and post that it was 100% worth it.

What are the alternatives? Sit and live a life of misery knowing that there is another version of it. I'd rather keep on eating shit and grinding.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
don't apologize or anything.

i am 20 years older than you and living on savings too.

the good news is that you don't have to lose 20 years like me before turning 40.

Thank you for your kind words.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...