The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2 ideas should, should I pursue both?

Idea threads

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
Hey,

I have 2 ideas that I'm very excited about. One more than the other.

I do have the capital to develop both however they'd cut significantly into my savings. Also, my other concern is focus. If I made the 2 ideas into reality, I'd have less time to focus on each.

One is an app and the other is a website and they target different industries. I see great opportunity in both.

To cut costs I was thinking of developing the app myself. I read it takes around 2 months to develop an app if I outsource it. Given my 0 experience in developing apps I think I'll do the back-end work and outsource the design aspect and this should take me 3-4 months where as the site should be done in 2 months (I'll outsource it).

Any thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I would assume it would be better to focus on just one idea. So therefore, you're probably better off going with the idea you are more excited about.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Hey,

I have 2 ideas that I'm very excited about. One more than the other.

I do have the capital to develop both however they'd cut significantly into my savings. Also, my other concern is focus. If I made the 2 ideas into reality, I'd have less time to focus on each.

One is an app and the other is a website and they target different industries. I see great opportunity in both.

To cut costs I was thinking of developing the app myself. I read it takes around 2 months to develop an app if I outsource it. Given my 0 experience in developing apps I think I'll do the back-end work and outsource the design aspect and this should take me 3-4 months where as the site should be done in 2 months (I'll outsource it).

Any thoughts?

1. Do you have the actual skills to develop an app. Many people think they can program, but once they get down to it, they learn very fast they cant.

2. Go with the idea you are most interested in. Ive started two businesses at once, and it became very hard to try and juggle both. I wouldnt have a problem building a business up and then starting another one, but just the two at the same time was very difficult, and I wouldnt recommend it. Put all your efforts into the business you are most passionate about.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.