The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1k a month by summer

Dwizzite

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 25, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
So my first goal is to generate my own income (outside of my day job) of $1,000 per month starting in June 1, 2011. That's about 90 days. That'll keep me focused. Here are my first few action plans.

1. Hire a web designer and get my website looking clean and polished by the end of this month. (Are we allowed to post our sights? Not trying to sell anything here, just want input).
2. Write the sales letter for my ebook by April 1.
3. Finish my ebook and put it in Amazon for $10 by May 1 at the latest.

See what happens and make appropriate tweaks...

Any recommendations?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Good luck. And I would not see why it would be bad to post your site.

Let's have a look.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Feedback: Instead of just doing a WP blog-looking site, if you're trying to sell your e-book it may be better to do some sort of squeeze page that tells the reader the benefits of buying your book, include testimonials from satisfied customers, maybe a video too.

That's just my observation though, not speaking from experience, I've never sold an ebook. But I believe there are a few guys on here that have been successful with selling ebooks, maybe they could offer some feedback.

Good luck to ya.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I have to say, when I read the post and took a first look at your page I thought

"ah, great... another one of these guys, huh?"

But I think you have something here. You have some credibility in the marketplace but what is it that defines you in this category?

Many of those guys you are talking about all say the same things. I think most people who try to get into business think: "I'm going to go into this category and be another one of them!"

Which is one of the worst ways to look at business...

What is it that will separate you from the next guy? What is your "unique selling proposition" ? I have studied the ways all the dating advice guys market and have even bought some of the products (... research, you know...) And they all have an internet marketing guru approach to it.

Just throwing ideas out there but I haven't seen any of these guys actually record themselves picking up chicks. They all talk a big game and most have some good advice, but unless you go see them in person, you don't see the results. Something tangible.

What's the difference you (the awesome dating guy) and me (some random jackass trying to steal money from that market)? Hell, I could do a video training series on how to pick up chicks: learn how to dance. Works like a charm!

As far as design goes, I would get some help my friend. You are as bad as me :smxB:

Excited to see what you've got! You're taking action, most people just talk. Keep it up!

MikeC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Hey Steve, you should make that video series. Pretty sure there's a gaping hole in the "how to dance to attract women" portion of the internet.

CVentures1B12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
Nice, Dwight! Way to take action!

Just some quick feedback, I would proofread everything once more. Nothing huge, just makes it seem that much more professional.

Example:
"Thank you for taking your time to let me share with you tips and techniques on how to successfully approach and attraction the most beautiful women you see in your daily life."

I'm guessing 'attraction' should be 'attract'?

JC

WhatamanJackson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Mar 6, 2011
Denver
I'd do a ton of keyword research.
See what need you can cure - "fear of approaching sexy women", etc.
Don't get caught up in making your site look pretty. People bought rocks to use for Pets, so even ugly can be it's own "pretty".
I don't see any keywords setup, so get going on that. Even the most polished site is not going to get any traffic if people can't find you. And any spare minute, get backlinks pointed back to your site.

You already have a great domain name, so good foundation, just build on it.

Dwizzite

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 25, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys! Thanks so much for the feedback!

My focus on this topic is frame control. Everything about having a solid frame in any conversation so any guys knows how to handle any conversation he has with a woman. My slogan, "Seduce her with your words".
I just finished reading the book. Contacted a web designer and getting that started. Gotta rewrite my sales letter after doing the "branding" exercise in the book and gotta rework the ebook too. I'm more focused now.

What is going to set me apart is that I'm a teacher. I've asked my music students repeatedly, "What is it about my teaching methods that works the best for you?"

They say I take a complex problem and make it simple and digestible and I use math as a way to convey simple ideas.

Since I'm teaching what a frame is and frame control, I'm using a very mathematical approach with exercises that guys can do without talking to someone, to practice, then go on facebook/text and practice with their friends, and so on and then in the real world of course.

I taught my 7th graders frame control, and these kids have learning disabilities so I think if I can teach them, I can teach adults.

Simplicity is my philosophy in life, and it will be for my business. Here... we... go!

Dwizzite

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 25, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
So I've decided that I'm going to focus my attention on growing coaching clients. I can be a millionaire just as a coach. It'll take time. Then once I get the coaching thing handled, write a book as a gift to my clients and give that away to the public. My goal is to make 4k within the next 90 days. I can DO THIS!

ChrisRempel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Mar 1, 2011
Victoria BC
I can be a millionaire just as a coach.

But only in a market where your clients can pay you huge $$

Plus, this is still trading your time for money.

I would consider studying "David DeAngelo's" PUA business. His real name is actually Eben Pagan. The flagship product is called Double Your Dating.

According to what Eben has disclosed in recent years, it's an operation that does about $20M a year.

My suggestion is to pick a certain "pain point" in that market and focus on that specifically, for starters. Instead of producing another "here's how to pick up hot chicks" course, do something very specific.

Become the expert of that "thing", and then grow upwards and onwards from there.

-Chris

FxInvestor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 7, 2008
Mumbai, India
I just stopped by your website out of curiosity and it will definitely need more than just a pretty picture to get sales going.

I admire that you have taken the decision to start and half the battle is won there.

At the point of being slightly being repetitive, there is nothing on your website that gives an indication that you are any different from the thousands out there peddling dating ebooks.

Sorry, 1k a month is too optimistic at this point.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Trying to hit a goal that changes every 5 minutes is like trying to avoid me kicking you in the head... :smxB:

But seriously. I can already tell you will not hit your goal because it has changed three times since you started this thread alone.

Do not make decisions lightly, do not set goals willy nilly. Commit to doing something and do it.

You know this better than most if you can pick up girls. If you hesitate or second guess yourself, some other dude (like me) swoops her up on the dance floor.

a1okac

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 22, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Kwerner has a good point, i wouldnt worry too much about your WP blog build a good squeeze page, offer a freebie or some value that will get people to opt in to your email list (I use aweber) build a relationship with these people so they know and trust you - people will buy from people they trust and then make them an offer they cant refuse for your product.. $1000p.m. will be ambitious if you haven't got a serious traffic strategy in place though and if your going down the route of quick results then PPC is your best option and thats going to eat in to your $1000... It might also be worth offering it as a vendor on clickbank..? just make sure its a polished product - if its getting good ratings you can pretty much sit back and let everyone else sell it for you that way.

Neon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 22, 2011
First off, you are violating Fast Lane methods by setting an income goal instead of setting that aside and focusing on market needs and wants. Fortunately, you have chosen a niche with a definite need/want.

You are in an insanely competitive market...my first question is, "where will you find your customers?" or maybe more accurately, "where will you get traffic?"

How will you compete with the thousands of others in this market?

Those are the questions you need to answer to ensure success.

ChrisRempel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Mar 1, 2011
Victoria BC
How will you compete with the thousands of others in this market?

Exactly - and the answer is BE DIFFERENT.

Here's an example...

Almost everyone in this market essentially teaches how to pick up barflies.

They're hot and I'm sure they can show you a pretty good time, but a very large percentage are also dumb as a sack of hammers and as shallow as piss on concrete.

For guys like myself, I was never into that scene. I saw it as pointless.

The girls I've dated in the past - and my wife - are all hot as hell AND smart, but not remotely slutty.

I had to use my brain as much as my confidence/"smoothness" to capture their interest, etc.

There has to be a market out there for guys who don't just wanna screw everything in a skirt.

Because it's not like the good women are any easier to "pick up". It's a totally different mindset, and maybe even a different market.

So that's a specialized segment - picking up QUALITY Sexy Women.

And you could probably charge more for it.

That's the approach to take in a saturated market. Don't add to the noise - come out with something original, but within the boundaries of a proven market.

-Chris

Dwizzite

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 25, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
OMG... thank you guys so much! I really resonate with this hard hitting honest feedback. I've got so much work to do now. This is fire under my a$$ that I need! Say tuned for an update that will include a new squeeze page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.