The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

17 Year Old Looking To Move Into The Fastlane

Jamie1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 31, 2018
UK
Hi everyone, I'm 17 years old from the UK and I am 100% positive that I want to become an entrepreneur. The idea of a 9-5 is something I can't see myself being able to live with. I already knew this before, but after having read TMF and UNSCRIPTED it definitely caused me to have a mentality shift and think "What am I doing, really?"

I know I'm still young and there isn't necessarily a rush to get started but I've only recently started thinking about how much time I am wasting sitting around playing video games and watching pointless YouTube videos.

My problem is, I feel like I have a lot of motivation but just don't know what to put it into. I've found that in the past I struggle to stay motivated with things that I don't at least somewhat enjoy.

Currently, I am running a YouTube channel with a friend and, while it's growing at a nice rate, it takes about 2 hours of my time each day to maintain. This leaves me sitting around procrastinating on YouTube or playing video games for the remaining ~8 hours of the day.

I feel like I need to start something that I have an interest in to be able to consistently work on it at a standard that I am happy with. However my interests really only go as far as video games and football (soccer). Needless to say, they are both highly saturated niches that I would probably need some capital to invest if I even want a chance of it working out. I am also interested in crypto and have a basic understanding of blockchain - this has led to me investing some capital into 2 cryptocurrencies that I have a lot of faith in.

Maybe it's analysis paralysis. Maybe I think I am motivated but in reality, when it comes to actually executing the ideas, I'm not. I'm fully aware that I should probably just bite the bullet and start working on something, regardless of whether or not I enjoy it. However I've tried this before and I have some trouble with sticking at it. I don't really know where to turn at the moment and was wondering if anyone has gone through anything similar to this. Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Sagemoney

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Mar 12, 2018
Michigan
Hey man welcome to the forum

Don't be too hard on yourself, you were able to start a youtube channel and get the ball rolling so I would focus on finding ways to grow it actively instead of passively.

Do you know your niche like the back of your hand?
What forums they may frequent, Products they might buy etc.

I'm having a lot of trouble playing video games as well and the best advice I've received so far is don't break the habit but find a better habit to replace it. If you can afford it I would get a gym membership and start working out whenever you get the urge to play games. Something that also helps me is no longer associating being a "gamer" with your personality. Rather then being a gamer become a creator(musician, rock climber, boxer etc) slowly find ways to transition your mindset into who you wish to become.

Finding yourself tempted to go on Youtube? Read a book or start learning a skill that could help you serve others in the future. Anything from public speaking to copy-writing, there are myriad threads on the forum relating to both. I see you like games and sports so that means you are somewhat competitive/strategic. Try learning to play chess it combines both of these traits and stimulates the mind.

Also check this thread here, It's a short introduction to forum and some of the best threads for beginners to read through.

GOLD! - Absolute Beginners Guide to TMF & TFLF

And a final note is just take action, you'll soon find yourself enjoying the process.

drumworx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 16, 2018
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hi everyone, I'm 17 years old from the UK and I am 100% positive that I want to become an entrepreneur. The idea of a 9-5 is something I can't see myself being able to live with. I already knew this before, but after having read TMF and UNSCRIPTED it definitely caused me to have a mentality shift and think "What am I doing, really?"

I know I'm still young and there isn't necessarily a rush to get started but I've only recently started thinking about how much time I am wasting sitting around playing video games and watching pointless YouTube videos.

My problem is, I feel like I have a lot of motivation but just don't know what to put it into. I've found that in the past I struggle to stay motivated with things that I don't at least somewhat enjoy.

Currently, I am running a YouTube channel with a friend and, while it's growing at a nice rate, it takes about 2 hours of my time each day to maintain. This leaves me sitting around procrastinating on YouTube or playing video games for the remaining ~8 hours of the day.

I feel like I need to start something that I have an interest in to be able to consistently work on it at a standard that I am happy with. However my interests really only go as far as video games and football (soccer). Needless to say, they are both highly saturated niches that I would probably need some capital to invest if I even want a chance of it working out. I am also interested in crypto and have a basic understanding of blockchain - this has led to me investing some capital into 2 cryptocurrencies that I have a lot of faith in.

Maybe it's analysis paralysis. Maybe I think I am motivated but in reality, when it comes to actually executing the ideas, I'm not. I'm fully aware that I should probably just bite the bullet and start working on something, regardless of whether or not I enjoy it. However I've tried this before and I have some trouble with sticking at it. I don't really know where to turn at the moment and was wondering if anyone has gone through anything similar to this. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum! You're gonna do great - we're all here to collaborate and encourage.

I am new to the forum too...but I think I've made some headway in the mental / psychological side of this journey.

I think the Control philosophy says invest your capital where it can work hardest...and if you don't think you can work harder with it than if leaving it to the ebbs and flows of crypto then maybe it's OK that you're clearly still procrastinating. Being a medium term procrastinator might just mean your ideas are still taking shape in your head. Too little procrastination and you rush in...too much and you never action anything.

That said - it could become too much procrastination if you don't get any feedback from others. This motivational shove will throw you into action and execution. If I were you I would primitively package my best idea and throw it at some people. Their feedback will either confirm your hopes (or your dread) - but will either way allow you to mold, shape and change your idea until it will finally CLICK. At this point, your execution overdrive will kick in automatically. But I believe it's when you go from a thoughtful medium-term procrastinator into hunting feedback that you will accelerate your idea.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...