The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

16yr old Kiwi Ready to BLOW UP!

What would you rather invest in?

• Well duh, the cheese market is booming, so cheese made into everyday objects!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A startup that will implode within a year?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Penny Farthings!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Navmoviefan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 1, 2016
Hey Everyone! My name's Nathan, and I've gotten a desire to be financially well off! So here's some stuff about me before you scroll, viola:
  • I may seem like a joke, but I just have a sense of humor!
  • I'm from New Zealand, Indian and from the quiet city o' Tauranga.
  • I'm 16 years old, attending college(for Americans, "high school")
  • I've done various things to try and make money, usually failed XD But I think investing in startups, businesses or just in general is my thing! I hope one day to make a website(or whatever) on particular topics people would want to know.
  • I currently have $500, and get about $100 a month, but want A LOT more than that!
Ask me anything!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luke111

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 23, 2016
Welcome Nathan, looks like we're from the same country! Exciting! I'm sure you'll find this forum useful. Good Luck.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Gotta love it when guys find the forum young.

Read the book and have your eyes opened. Best $10 USD you'll ever spend. Buy the Kindle version if you don't want to pay so much.

$500 ain't shit when talking about investing in startups. Use the money to start a small local service business to get some start-up cash and experience.

Also, the VC world is quite cut-throat. Two ways to get in:

- go to school, study finance, and get into a VC firm as an analyst, climbing your way up the ladder to partner
- start a successful business, use the money to become an angel, then use your experience to start your own fund with other investors

Both are very difficult to do. However, since you're here, you're probably looking at the second option.

Find a pain point and serve it in scale. Everything else is either ancillary to the goal, or a distraction. Experience will tell you which is which. Now get started.

(btw when I respond to these, I tend to assume that the OPs won't be drive-bys even though most of them are. Drive-by just meaning a member who stops in, makes one post, and never visits again.)

Good luck

Huw

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 6, 2015
Reading the book is a definite. I wish it was around 30 years ago when I was your age. If it was, I would have done things very differently. While waiting for the book to arrive, have a read of the posts on here to see what others are doing.

G

Guest34764

Read lots and lots of stuff.Pick up as much books as you can and study them.

Robert Greene is a great author to pick up as he has a lot of great books, and of course make sure to read the Millionaire Fastlane.

Navmoviefan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 1, 2016
Gotta love it when guys find the forum young.

Read the book and have your eyes opened. Best $10 USD you'll ever spend. Buy the Kindle version if you don't want to pay so much.

$500 ain't shit when talking about investing in startups. Use the money to start a small local service business to get some start-up cash and experience.

Also, the VC world is quite cut-throat. Two ways to get in:

- go to school, study finance, and get into a VC firm as an analyst, climbing your way up the ladder to partner
- start a successful business, use the money to become an angel, then use your experience to start your own fund with other investors

Both are very difficult to do. However, since you're here, you're probably looking at the second option.

Find a pain point and serve it in scale. Everything else is either ancillary to the goal, or a distraction. Experience will tell you which is which. Now get started.

(btw when I respond to these, I tend to assume that the OPs won't be drive-bys even though most of them are. Drive-by just meaning a member who stops in, makes one post, and never visits again.)

Good luck
Best reply I have gotten so far! I'll try to use the $500 as wisely as possible!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...