The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

16 yr old aspiring to make an impact

Angie7097

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 5, 2016
Singapore
Hello! i have an amazing idea for a business, but i understand that the most important thing is not the idea, but the execution. I live in Singapore and i plan on going to polytechnic and then university. after that im stuck.do i work for 2-3 years so i have some money and can use it for the business, or should i head straight into taking risks. furthermore, i plan on owning a company in the fashion industry...but I'm not good at sketching. so how do i get people to be my designer and work with/for me? especially the fact that i dont have much money. i know i can offer them a small percentage of the company, but what if it fails? I need a more secure "lure". oh, and how do u face rejection and remain confident. i cant even raise my hand in class, but next term im gonna give it a shot. feared going to the gym, but this holiday I'm gonna make it a must to go 3x a week. please give me some advice thanks!:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

douevenshift

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Aug 1, 2016
Welcome to the forum.

My advice to you is READ! This forum, books, articles, just take in everything you can. Try to leverage your education and MAKE it better. They aren't teaching you anything worthwhile in High-school so create your own adventure :) Good luck!

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
Hello! i have an amazing idea for a business, but i understand that the most important thing is not the idea, but the execution. I live in Singapore and i plan on going to polytechnic and then university. after that im stuck.do i work for 2-3 years so i have some money and can use it for the business, or should i head straight into taking risks. furthermore, i plan on owning a company in the fashion industry...but I'm not good at sketching. so how do i get people to be my designer and work with/for me? especially the fact that i dont have much money. i know i can offer them a small percentage of the company, but what if it fails? I need a more secure "lure". oh, and how do u face rejection and remain confident. i cant even raise my hand in class, but next term im gonna give it a shot. feared going to the gym, but this holiday I'm gonna make it a must to go 3x a week. please give me some advice thanks!:)

You talk about going to college, but you also want to build a business.

This post seems to me you are unclear with what you want to do.

What is it that you really want to do?

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
oh, and how do u face rejection and remain confident. i cant even raise my hand in class, but next term im gonna give it a shot. feared going to the gym, but this holiday I'm gonna make it a must to go 3x a week. please give me some advice thanks!:)

"Confidence" is literally just a buzzword for practice. Practice is just taking action until you're good at something.

Like raising your hand in class. You're "gonna give it a shot"?

Better language: "I WILL raise my hand in class to both conquer my fear and learn the material. I will do this AT MINIMUM until I no longer fear raising my hand"

Language matters.

Rejection and failure is a fact of life, embrace it. (just make sure you learn from it)

And like douevenshift said above...READ!

Angie7097

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 5, 2016
Singapore
You talk about going to college, but you also want to build a business.

This post seems to me you are unclear with what you want to do.

What is it that you really want to do?
I want to start a vegan fashion brand,but I dont know where to start. I've always lived life with formulas and answers but from my observation,starting a business is different. People make their own "formulas and answers", and there's not one *clear* path to succeed. however, I now know the first step is to read. my parents want me to go to college because they say no one will listen to me if i don't own one. plus, i live in singapore, where education comes first.

Angie7097

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 5, 2016
Singapore
Welcome to the forum.

My advice to you is READ! This forum, books, articles, just take in everything you can. Try to leverage your education and MAKE it better. They aren't teaching you anything worthwhile in High-school so create your own adventure :) Good luck!
Thank you!! i spent 2 years wasting my life taking triple science and double math when i recently found out my passion was in business. i have been watching a few videos and taking down notes but now I'll also go and invest in some good books. thank you again!:)

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
I want to start a vegan fashion brand,but I dont know where to start. I've always lived life with formulas and answers but from my observation,starting a business is different. People make their own "formulas and answers", and there's not one *clear* path to succeed. however, I now know the first step is to read. my parents want me to go to college because they say no one will listen to me if i don't own one. plus, i live in singapore, where education comes first.

It reminds me of this old story

A MAN and his son were once going with their Donkey to market. As they were walking along by its side a countryman passed them and said: “You fools, what is a Donkey for but to ride upon?”

So the Man put the Boy on the Donkey and they went on their way. But soon they passed a group of men, one of whom said: “See that lazy youngster, he lets his father walk while he rides.”

So the Man ordered his Boy to get off, and got on himself. But they hadn’t gone far when they passed two women, one of whom said to the other: “Shame on that lazy lout to let his poor little son trudge along.”

Well, the Man didn’t know what to do, but at last he took his Boy up before him on the Donkey. By this time they had come to the town, and the passers-by began to jeer and point at them. The Man stopped and asked what they were scoffing at. The men said: “Aren’t you ashamed of yourself for overloading that poor Donkey of yours—you and your hulking son?”

The Man and Boy got off and tried to think what to do. They thought and they thought, till at last they cut down a pole, tied the Donkey’s feet to it, and raised the pole and the Donkey to their shoulders. They went along amid the laughter of all who met them till they came to Market Bridge, when the Donkey, getting one of his feet loose, kicked out and caused the Boy to drop his end of the pole. In the struggle the Donkey fell over the bridge, and his fore-feet being tied together he was drowned.

“That will teach you,” said an old man who had followed them:
“PLEASE ALL, AND YOU WILL PLEASE NONE.”

Angie7097

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 5, 2016
Singapore
"Confidence" is literally just a buzzword for practice. Practice is just taking action until you're good at something.

Like raising your hand in class. You're "gonna give it a shot"?

Better language: "I WILL raise my hand in class to both conquer my fear and learn the material. I will do this AT MINIMUM until I no longer fear raising my hand"

Language matters.

Rejection and failure is a fact of life, embrace it. (just make sure you learn from it)

And like douevenshift said above...READ!
True words! I've always been scared to go to the gym cause people may judge me. however, i went yesterday and it felt so good! i am going to put your words into practice now. thank you so much!:)

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
True words! I've always been scared to go to the gym cause people may judge me. however, i went yesterday and it felt so good! i am going to put your words into practice now. thank you so much!:)

You're welcome.

I used to worry about people's judgement too. But then I realized I wasn't very good at mind-reading, I had no way to know what people thought, so why concern myself with that? (not to say I don't take pride in my appearance and social skills...but you're smart, I'm sure you get what I mean)

Good luck to you.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
I've always been scared to go to the gym cause people may judge me.

Not may, WILL. They are judging you at the gym. Your classmates are judging you when you raise your hand. People judge you every time you see you.

Accept this as a fact and come to terms with it.

The hardest thing I had to do in college was performing solos in front of a room of my peers... many of which who had performed that solo before and knew every note and phrase inside and out. They were listening for every mistake, so that they could give me corrections afterwards. They didn't hold back on the criticism either, and would call bullshit on your lack of effort if they knew you didn't practice enough.

Boy that hardened the shit out of me.

Action and putting yourself out there will overcome this issue.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Welcome!

I want to start a vegan fashion brand,but I dont know where to start.

Figure out how other vegan fashion brands do it. Then figure out what they are doing wrong.

Don't know how to sketch? Learn from youtube. Udemy often has sales.

Congrats on the gym adventure! You took ACTION and discovered the gym isn't bad. Now do that with your fasion brand!

G

Guest34764

The hardest thing I had to do in college was performing solos in front of a room of my peers... many of which who had performed that solo before and knew every note and phrase inside and out. They were listening for every mistake, so that they could give me corrections afterwards. They didn't hold back on the criticism either, and would call bullshit on your lack of effort if they knew you didn't practice enough.

Or have a class that does presentations every week.

My history class was doing presentations every week where you have to present notes, powerpoint slides, and the rest.

That year I started out timid as hell, I was constantly nervous of talking in front of people.That class literally made me face what I disliked so much and it smashed itself into my skull.

However, after that class I gained so much confidence in myself that I actually now enjoy talking in front of others and voicing my opinion, or debating others.

@Angie7097 Do something you're wildly uncomfortable with, something that's completely against your character (like talking in class or raising your hand to answer) and do it every time.

Recognize that you'll get better at this the more you do it.Don't give up on raising your hand either, I'll hold you accountable!

Give us an update filled with bravado!I'm your age too so don't mind sending me PM's!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...