The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

15 Week Challenge

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Imon32red

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 2, 2011
Thursday Dec. 28 2017

No sales but a productive day. I spent about half the day doing service calls and a couple of hours driving. I cold called two new businesses, quoted another, did a service call for one business and turned it into a sales pitch for the sister company. Of the two cold calls the first said maybe in 6 months, the second said they need my product but the decision maker won't be in until tomorrow.

• Gave a verbal quote for $300 a month. The owner is going to send us a copy of his current services and we are following up with a quote the 2nd or 3rd week of January
  • Gave a verbal quote for $1000 a month to match a competitors price. The profit is much lower but still definitely worth doing. Owner wants to close the sale before January is over. Meeting next Tuesday.
  • The previous quote created a conversation about a different product for $250. This would have to be done after the first sale, but we could probably get him to sign both at once.

Last edited:

Imon32red

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 2, 2011
Long story short I have a business where we offer multiple services. Two of them are services where we can bill monthly recurring payments for. I am refocusing my business to just bring in new monthly recurring payments. I cut staff to one other person besides myself, and between the two of us, we do all the sales, installation, and service.

This one step forward two steps back approach has really affected my finances. We normally don't sell too many monthly recurring products and only add $200-$300 a month in monthly recurring revenue. I figured that if I put all my time, energy and focus into monthly recurring I could add an additional $500 a week. That is more than I had ever done. I also decided that we would have to focus on higher ticket sales than we have in the past.

Here are my current monthly recurring sales:
Week 1. $487
Week 2. $540
Week 3. $550
Week 4. $550
Week 5. $0
Week 6. $0
Week 7. $0

Today is Thursday of week 7 and so far I have 0 sales. This is potentially my third week in a row with no sales. At the same time I am optimistic. I am amassing a massive pipeline and I feel like I am going to blow the $500 barrier out of the water.

I decided that by posting my progress here it will help me with my motivation and accountability, but mostly to stay focused. I hope to encourage others as I post my progress. I plan to post my progress Monday thru Friday. I don't normally work Saturday and Sunday, but if I do work I will post that here as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.