The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

15 Successful Entrepreneurs Who Didn't Need College

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
I was reading up on Richard Branson last year for a bit, good stuff.

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
We really need to nip this discussion because it is STUPID:

A great deal of people that went to college are successful entrepreneurs!
A great deal of people that did not go to college are successful entrepreneurs!

What is the point of the argument?

Anyone can be successful with or without college!

END OF STORY! ENOUGH ALREADY!

We should ban these posts from this forum as they go NOWHERE and only get people to argue.

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Sorry. I didn't mean for this to become a debate. I just wanted to let everyone know about an interesting article.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Chris,

Coming from low, low (no?) income,
I needed to hear about people
who still managed to "make it",
even though they started from nothing.
I hoarded the stories
and read them again and again.
You see, I had to
because I was told multiple times daily
that building a million dollars in net worth was
a dream that would never come true.

I have a dear friend going down the entrepreneur route.
She doesn't have college
and is told every day that things would be "easier" if she had.
Told that she's competing against all those fancy book learning folks
and if she wasn't smart enough to get into college
or to figure out financing,
then how was she expecting to be successful
against people who were?

THAT is the kind of talk she hears every day.
I'm sure some of us on this forum are hearing the same.

So yes, college education or not doesn't have any bearing on success
but it is sure nice to hear it once in a while.
Same with the starting from nothing stories
(I STILL love those)
or the starting late in life
or women becoming successful too
or...

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
Andrew and kimber,
I love reading these types of articles too. Starting from nothing stories are great. Inspiration to become successful without college is also fantastic.

Women becomming successful is something I understand because my wife is Portuguese and their culture ignores their daughters when it comes to financial success. They hold their sons on a gold platter. My wife is at least 100x's more successful than her brother but they still think he has a shot to do something great. Maybe he does.

They rarely ever give her credit for what she has accomplished but are always pushing the brother when he has accomplished nothing. They are ashamed about their son when they can be gloating about the success of their daughter (but that doesn't impress the home-land folks).

I just don't want the thread to turn into a college/non-college debate. That's all.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
We really need to nip this discussion because it is STUPID:

A great deal of people that went to college are successful entrepreneurs!
A great deal of people that did not go to college are successful entrepreneurs!

What is the point of the argument?

Anyone can be successful with or without college!

END OF STORY! ENOUGH ALREADY!

We should ban these posts from this forum as they go NOWHERE and only get people to argue.

I like these types of stories. Society molds you right from birth into thinking that in order to be be sucessful, you have to get good grades in high school, ace the SAT test, sustain a 4.0 through college, get a Masters degree, marry your high school sweetheart and have 2.5 kids in a house with a white picket fence.

I'm shocked by the amount of people that just don't get it, and they follow these ideas like there's a rulebook or something. And if you don't do the same you're considered a "loser".

Notice how whenever you meet new people, they always ask you "So, where do you work?" As if doing anything other than going to college and then working for The Man is not possible and there's not another option.

Stories like these are another reminder to those sheep who go around asking people "Where do you work?" while following the sheep down the highway in their metal coffins each morning while sipping coffee and and trying to not spill any on their hangman's noose, which for some reason they call a "neck tie". Give me a break. It's a hangman's noose corporate America requires you to wear, so when you can't take it anymore, you can go in the office bathroom and end it all.

I'd rather live on my feet, than die on my knees.

[/rant]

I feel better now :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
I've always hated how people make such a big deal about grades and SATs. I always try to do my best but if I don't get a high grade I really don't care. It doesn't affect me. Grades determine how well I did that day or for a short period of time. But grades do not determine how successful I will be. I do.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I like these types of stories. Society molds you right from birth into thinking that in order to be be sucessful, you have to get good grades in high school, ace the SAT test, sustain a 4.0 through college, get a Masters degree, marry your high school sweetheart and have 2.5 kids in a house with a white picket fence.

I'm shocked by the amount of people that just don't get it, and they follow these ideas like there's a rulebook or something. And if you don't do the same you're considered a "loser".

Notice how whenever you meet new people, they always ask you "So, where do you work?" As if doing anything other than going to college and then working for The Man is not possible and there's not another option.

Stories like these are another reminder to those sheep who go around asking people "Where do you work?" while following the sheep down the highway in their metal coffins each morning while sipping coffee and and trying to not spill any on their hangman's noose, which for some reason they call a "neck tie". Give me a break. It's a hangman's noose corporate America requires you to wear, so when you can't take it anymore, you can go in the office bathroom and end it all.

I'd rather live on my feet, than die on my knees.

[/rant]

I feel better now :)

Nominate for legendary post! Plus some speed+++

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!