The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

12 Things You Can Do in the Next 12 Days...

Anything related to matters of the mind

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
I don’t watch a lot of TV because I’ve created a life worth living, one that doesn’t need a fairytale escape that airs every Wednesday at 8pm. Create your own life worth living and stop watching others live theirs. Time is your most precious asset and rest assured, on your deathbed your dying regret won’t be “I wish I watched more TV” — it will be something you didn’t do, compliments to the 9 years you spent glued to the tube.

This has so many meanings to it. I feel so bad for people when i see them "escape" after work.... donuts, tv, girlfriend or boyfriend.. kind of, going to a bar and not even wanting to truly be there.

One of your best articles.... reminds me of James Altch. style writing.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
This has so many meanings to it. I feel so bad for people when i see them "escape" after work.... donuts, tv, girlfriend or boyfriend.. kind of, going to a bar and not even wanting to truly be there.

One of your best articles.... reminds me of James Altch. style writing.

that is the exact spot im in tonight. Just had my last class for the semester and my boy wants to go out to the bar. He always convinces me but once I get there Im like shit, I have 1000 other things I could be working out.

Gary M

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 9, 2011
NYC
MJ, thanks for that. Exactly what I needed to hear. It just brought me back to the basics. And by the basics I mean a few things that I, and I think a lot of people, take for granted. We can take life for granted. You get into a rut. It's not anyone's fault but our own but it still, just happens. It doesn't have to just happen. I need to practice what I preach, just being honest. I am in my own rut of sorts right now. I was laid off from a pretty good paying job at the end of June and the job market is slow at best. It was a job that I realize now, I hated. The summer off was fun and thankfully I am safe for now financially. But, fear can enter my mind quite easily. Fear of "How am I going to take care of my wife and start a family". All of these fears are financial fears. I will tell everyone from recent experience that there is nothing better, more rewarding than helping someone out a little less fortunate than I am. Like you said, a little bit of charity help can go a long way.

I don't want to sound overly dramatic here but life is about taking Action. Action to help some one else. Action to eat better. Action to excersise. Action to follow our heart. Action to follow your dreams. Everything we do is an Action. I'm going to start my day, everyday, with the mantra of, "today I am going to take positive action."

By the way, being laid off is going to be a blessing in disguise. I read TMF and it is a life changer but it is up to me to take the necessary Action and calculated risks to achieve what I want out of his life. And for now, to keep things simple, I want to control my own destiny. Not bust my arse for 12 months and hope that I am on the right side of the political fence to get paid in the form of a bonus. My eyes are wide open and as scary the future looks right now, I am thankful that I am not sitting at that desk, miserable. In my heart of hearts, from the bottom of my GUT, I knew that I wanted to be an entrepreneur. And I am going to be just that. I do not know what that is going to be right now, but there is a fire lit in my belly and under my butt for that matter. I am the master of my own destiny...It is all in the Actions that I take.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.