The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

11 posts in and I haven’t yet introduced myself

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
My name is Chris, I am from Ontario, Canada and am the classic definition of a slowlaner. I work in the slowlane in the corporate office of a major Canadian retailer complete with 2.5 hours of commuting every day. I have worked for the company almost 24 years and have been fairly successful despite not having a degree of any kind, though I did try and get 1 once or twice. The salary, bonuses and benefits have exceeded all my expectations based on my limited education, and because of this, I have been reluctant to start anything on my own. You know, security, steady pay check, dental plan, etc. But like most of you know, the time for money trap is unbearable.

My kids are basically all grown up and my deepest regret is not being there to see it all. I am here for motivation, to learn and to connect with a community of like minded individuals who aren’t afraid to be honest and critical.

Thanks to you all for being here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Welcome to the forum Chris! The forum has lots of information from people who were in similar circumstances. Wear out the search bar on your top right and feel free to ask lots of questions!

My kids are basically all grown up and my deepest regret is not being there to see it all.

It's not too late, they will always be your kids. Even if they are 40. Pick up the coffee room phone.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
It's not too late, they will always be your kids. Even if they are 40. Pick up the coffee room phone.

Thanks for this. 3 kids; 12, 17, and 19. Still plenty of life left in all of us to keep me motivated.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
My name is Chris, I am from Ontario, Canada and am the classic definition of a slowlaner. I work in the slowlane in the corporate office of a major Canadian retailer complete with 2.5 hours of commuting every day. I have worked for the company almost 24 years and have been fairly successful despite not having a degree of any kind, though I did try and get 1 once or twice. The salary, bonuses and benefits have exceeded all my expectations based on my limited education, and because of this, I have been reluctant to start anything on my own. You know, security, steady pay check, dental plan, etc. But like most of you know, the time for money trap is unbearable.

My kids are basically all grown up and my deepest regret is not being there to see it all. I am here for motivation, to learn and to connect with a community of like minded individuals who aren’t afraid to be honest and critical.

Thanks to you all for being here.

One of the best intros I've seen here. Welcome Chris!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome and thanks for the intro. No matter your age, there's always the truism ... today is the first day of the rest of your life.

omplete with 2.5 hours of commuting every day.

Yikes! Car? Train? Bus?

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Welcome and thanks for the intro. No matter your age, there's always the truism ... today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Yikes! Car? Train? Bus?
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm only 44 so I feel like I still have a lot of productive years ahead of me. Might as well spend them producing something good for myself instead of someone else.

Commute is by car and is 80km/50 mi each way. Averages about 1:10 on the way in and 1:20 on the way home. Good thing I have an audio copy of TMF to keep me company[emoji6]

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...