The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! 100 Unsexy Business Ideas: Name as many as you can!

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

P789

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
Another one that is common to the Furry fandom:

Fursuit Making

For those who don’t know about the fursuit, it is a custom suit where people with fursonas (Furries) commission makers for more than $1,000. This is where the fursona of a person becomes reality. Recently, one of it is valued at $50,000 in one bid.

ce20c10c9688609f039087a97491b8325b42df3c_hq.jpg

It can be slowlane or fastlane depending on number of commissioners and the level of execution of this idea.

But the problem with it is that anyone can make their own fursuits because of YT Tutorials as well as it is a small to medium niche.

Edit: Changed the image

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Another one that is common to the Furry fandom:

Fursuit Making

For those who don’t know about the fursuit, it is a custom suit common to the Furry fandom where people with fursonas (Furries) commission makers for more than $1,000. This is where the fursona of a person becomes reality. Recently, one of it is valued at $50,000 in one bid.

It can be slowlane or fastlane depending on number of commissioners and the level of execution of this idea.

But the problem with it is that anyone can make their own fursuits becuase of YT Tutorials.

images
People are f*ckin weird man.

Balkins

Contributor
Jun 18, 2016
The way I had it explained to me was that the angle for growth was concrete and construction.

First you're filling holes in the lots you stripe , then bidding for sidewalk construction.

Definitely unsexy but you can start for a few hundred dollars.
I know a guy who does nothing but driveways. Who specializes in repairing asphalt driveways. He knows the money is in doing new driveway but in the meantime... he's booked solid months ahead. And guess what... when the time comes to build the new driveway who do you think gets the job???

fridge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2020
USA
Not sure if this one was mentioned yet, but Christmas lights seem very profitable. About to go into my first year of hanging lights and my minimum is $700 to start with. I'd imagine if you could get a decent sized crew together, you could sell over $100k+ worth of lights and labor from October-December.

thechosen1

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Galt’s Gulch
Not sure if this one was mentioned yet, but Christmas lights seem very profitable. About to go into my first year of hanging lights and my minimum is $700 to start with. I'd imagine if you could get a decent sized crew together, you could sell over $100k+ worth of lights and labor from October-December.
Are you buying lights retail, wholesale, or import?

fridge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2020
USA
Are you buying lights retail, wholesale, or import?
For now since I'm just starting and will only be doing 5-15 houses this year, I just went with lights from christmaslightsetc. Comes out to a little over $1.10 a bulb for C9 lights, with everything else (clips, spool, plugs, handmade extension cords) my cost is likely going to be around $1.80-$2.30 a bulb after these accessories. I'll be charging the customer $7 a bulb my first year with a $700 minimum and then bumping up to $9 a bulb my second year with a $900 minimum. Nice thing is with most Christmas light business models, you technically own the lights and the customer is just leasing them, so every year after the first year of buying the lights is straight profit from labor if the customer is repeat.

Last edited:

Sponsored Offers

Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Text... (via @Black_Dragon43 ) A forum user recently said something poignant. "Don't ask a...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
With 300+ students, the method and/or main sources of traffic don't saturate? Seems web design...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom