The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1,000,000 Followers On Social Media: How I Am Doing It & How You Can Too

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Scarcity%2Bvs%2BAbundance%2BMentality.png

To side track a bit...I have to say everything in the image you posted above, under the "Scarcity Mindset" box, every line describes me to a T. Is there a quick fix to get rid of the scarcity mindset? My thinking is that resources in this world are limited. Limited women, limited customers (there's only a fixed no. of humans right?), limited money etc....and this resulted in the "If they win, I lose" and "I need to hoard as much as I can" thinking.

I know this thinking is unhealthy but can't shake it off.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Manchild_Unbound

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Jan 30, 2017
Colombia
To side track a bit...I have to say everything in the image you posted above, under the "Scarcity Mindset" box, every line describes me to a T. Is there a quick fix to get rid of the scarcity mindset? My thinking is that resources in this world are limited. Limited women, limited customers (there's only a fixed no. of humans right?), limited money etc....and this resulted in the "If they win, I lose" and "I need to hoard as much as I can" thinking.

I know this thinking is unhealthy but can't shake it off.

Well @Xeon there's affirmation and self-talk.

Here's a detailed way of reversing limiting beliefs from Marc Allen, the owner and founder of New World Library:
THE CORE BELIEF PROCESS
1. Think of a problem, situation, or area of your life you want to improve.
Describe it - take two or three minutes to think about it or talk about it in general.

2. What emotions are you feeling?
Name the specific emotion, such as fear, anger, frustration, etc. Don't get into any particular thoughts you're having about it at this point, just pinpoint the single word that describes he emotion.

3. What physical sensations are you feeling?
Explore your body from your toes to the top of your head. Is there tension somewhere? What's going on inside your stomach? What is your breathing like?

4. What are you thinking about?

What tapes are running in you head? What conditioning or programming can you identify? What negative thoughts, fears, or worries are you having? Describe your thoughts.

5. What is the worst thing that could happen in this situation?
This question brings your deepest fears to light.

6. What is the best thing that could happen?
What would you like o happen ideally? What is the ideal scene for this area of your life? You may find this harder to express than your worst fears. If so, your fears may ave been dominating and overwhelming your vision of success. maybe you have been focusing more on the half of the glass that is empty than the half that is full in your life. Keep the best things, the best possibilities, in mind.

7. What fear or limiting belief is keeping you from creating what you want in this situation?
Once you've explored this, write your fear or negative belief in one short sentence, as simply and precisely as you can. If you have more than one write them all down. Put them in the form of a belief: I believe that I'm inadequate..I believe that it is hard to make money...I believe my life is stressful and unhealthy at times...

8. Create an affirmation to counteract and correct the negative limiting belief.
It should be short, simple, and meaningful to you, in the present tense, as if already happening. Your affirmation is the opposite of your core belief, turning a negative, limiting phrase into a positive expansive one: I am enough... I am now creating abundance in my life... I have everything I need to create success as I choose to define it... There are more than enough amazing women in the world that like me.

9. Say or write your affirmation repeatedly, over a period of several days.
Write your affirmation down and put it where you will see it often. Repeat your affirmation silently to yourself, while relaxing. Picture everything working out exactly as you want it to. Write it ten or twenty times a day, if necessary, until you feel you've absorbed it as a positive core belief. If negative thoughts come up, write those negative thoughts on the back of the paper, then keep writing the affirmations on the front until it feels free of any emotional resistance.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I want to see MJ do a parody video of OP's video. :rofl:

Complete with the rapping (and those hand gestures), skydiving, penthouses, cars, pools with girls, cigars, gold chains, gyms.......

please for the love of god do this @MJ DeMarco

Micahbiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 12, 2018
Arizona
View attachment 18860
Honestly, I still find it extremely insulting that you think that we are too dumb to no see through your BS.
You sell courses... Ok, you might not call them courses but either way, you sell information.
Why deny it!

I never have an issue with people selling information, there are many members on here that I would quite happily part my cash with. However, what I have a problem with is people selling information to gullible people who probably wouldn't know what to do with your information anyway.

Im done with this thread now, I got my own stuff to do.

Peace brother... I hope it finds you.

For some reason when I saw this guy posting a few months ago I could smell snake oil salesman from a mile away. It was blatantly obvious he was trying to position himself as the next guru with the ''secret''. I didn't want to call him out since I'm new here but after reading this thread I was about to. It's nice to see some of you guys beat me to it.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I'm always suspicious,of people whom are selling money naking strategies/courses/books. If they are that good at making money, they don't need to sell the course/book. They can just put it up for free(or require a donation to charity in their name). It does make me wonder, why they want to ask money they don't need for the product?

It's like finding out someone claiming to be satoshi needs you to mine some bitcoins for him. Or Linus Torvaldus needs a basic lesson on the linux kernel. No he doesn't.

At least with books, available in the library, you can do a bit of fact checking. It is certainly quite hard to get your head a round the idea that people with an abundance mindset are not giving things away.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
How much does the statement of others saying you have a god complex hurt?
Here's a thought for you. Instead of arguing with all these people here, why don't you prove them wrong? That way, 2 things get accomplished. They get some good information, and you can feed your ego. It's a win-win scenario and sure as sh*t is a lot better than everyone just arguing in this thread.

My godlike ego is too big to be fed adequately.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
I'm always suspicious,of people whom are selling money naking strategies/courses/books. If they are that good at making money, they don't need to sell the course/book. They can just put it up for free(or require a donation to charity in their name). It does make me wonder, why they want to ask money they don't need for the product?

It's like finding out someone claiming to be satoshi needs you to mine some bitcoins for him. Or Linus Torvaldus needs a basic lesson on the linux kernel. No he doesn't.

At least with books, available in the library, you can do a bit of fact checking. It is certainly quite hard to get your head a round the idea that people with an abundance mindset are not giving things away.

1) You are more likely to take action on something you are invested in (with money) than if the exact same thing were given to you free. There's also scientific research that proves this.
2) If one's willing to put in time and energy to create a resource, he may or many not choose to be compensated for it. Plus, re-read point 2.

Just a sidenote, I am not selling a course on social media, or any course, nor have I intended to when I posted this.

I've been actually writing free articles on dareandconquer.com and sharing my advice and experiences on Twitter for 3.5 years now, without even bothering to monetize it. 3.5 years would be quite a long time for someone who were a snake oil salesman, with the singular intent of profiteering off of others' ignorance.

Either way, I see why my approach here was off-putting to some.

I might come back and report the results when the end goal is achieved to help you guys out and give it all to you straight away.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
1) You are more likely to take action on something you are invested in (with money) than if the exact same thing were given to you free. There's also scientific research that proves this.

Agree, that's why I added the charitable donation in their name, if I'm only asked to give money to the red cross for a book, then it hits the investment and action inducing requirement without the creator getting any money whatsoever.

2) If one's willing to put in time and energy to create a resource, he may or many not choose to be compensated for it.

Sure, just the idea of choosing that (especially when they make out about it all being help you to get rich seems.. weird to me at best) of course MJ DeMarco chooses to sell his book as well. It's not an attack on you or on anybody else, just something I don't get, and makes me naturally suspicious. Then again I'm fairly suspicious by nature.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Either way, I see why my approach here was off-putting to some.

I might come back and report the results when the end goal is achieved to help you guys out and give it all to you straight away.

Really hope you do. Thoroughly enjoyed your other NOTABLE thread,
as it got me started on Fiverr/Services.

Looking forward to a turnaround.

John Clancy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Feb 23, 2015
For anyone coming across this thread in the future, I've compiled all of the most valuable Instagram posts into one PDF (ft. @Fox and @InformationH ) and I've done the same for @rpeck90 's posts in this thread (great read for anyone interested in personal branding, luxury positioning, and more).

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Instagram Value Bombs (Fox & InformationH).pdf
    808.6 KB · Views: 120
  • rpeck90 Value Bombs.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 90

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
For anyone coming across this thread in the future, I've compiled all of the most valuable Instagram posts into one PDF (ft. @Fox and @InformationH ) and I've done the same for @rpeck90 's posts in this thread (great read for anyone interested in personal branding, luxury positioning, and more).

Hope this helps!

Thanks, appreciate this!
:clap::

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Small update on something very important to know with regards to Instagram.

I've wasted tons of time and money, partnering up with supposed experts to help me grow the account. I only got disappointed in the end, and paused my efforts altogether.

Instagram growth is primarily driven by:

1) Shoutouts on high traffic (i.e. high follow count) pages
2) Organic growth caused by frequent posting of high quality, niche relevant audiovisual content. This exposure is magnified by cleverly and ethically leveraging the algorithm

There are other ways, but these are the 2 top ones. That's how everyone grows more or less.

Thats the foundation, but how do you actually, PRACTICALLY do it?

It requires investment of either a) money or b) time. Or both.

1) The shoutouts will be obtained either by networking or closing mutually beneficial deals. TIME exhaustive.

Alternatively, they will be obtained by a cash exchange. MONEY exhaustive.

2) The organic growth is mostly time intensive, as it requires that you produce high quality content. It's more often than not, a full time job. Just to keep the page updated. It's freakin insane!

It also requires some money, but this is entirely dependent on your account's theme.

So more or less, you have to decide.

Do I put money into it?

Do I put time into it?

Both?

How do I ensure I get a worthy ROI (return on investment) both money & time wise?

Here are the mistakes I made, despite knowing this:

I decided to go down the money route.

I got money. A lot of it.

I value my time more than my money. Not just in theory. But in practice. So it was a no brainer to invest financial resources into this.

I needed someone else who would put in their time into this. This required that they carried the necessary knowledge and had the network to pull it of.

I started out with Josue Pena, a well known name in the Instagram industry.

Basically paid him $10,000 for a hole in the ocean.

Underdelivered, delayed for months, ignored messages and more.

The result was less followers than I was promised (criminal),and the quality of those I got was awful (all Latin American, but my demographic is english speaking entrepreneurs). A bunch of them unfollowed me (prob about 5k). They followed me because Josue promised them iPhone X giveaways which he probably never delivered.

Later on, worked with a guy named Leo. He was alright. Good fella. Got some results.

After that, dropped another batch of several thousand dollars on someone even worse than Josue.

His name was Eddy Zilan. Looks like he has closed shop by now and is posing as a Crypto expert. Not surprising at all.

He took me from 47,000 to fifty something in the first month, even though he promised 20,000 growth per month.

Said the first month was slow and he would push more the second month.

In the meanwhile, there was no improvement in Story Views, a key metric to gauge the legitimacy of your followers. Probably the most reputable, unlikely to manipulate. Followers, likes, comments, video views all manipulated.

Two things don't lie on Instagram: Story Views & Account Reach

He assured me ALL followers were legit but refused to tell me where I was shouted out. Fishy? yeah I smelled it...

Anyway I asked for a refund after the 2nd month, which he was unwilling to offer, despite having UNDERdelivered....

I reached about 65,000 after two months, instead of the promised 80k+

Fast forward about 1/2 year later, and I'm back down to 47.5K. All his fake bots gone.

I've stopped bothering about Instagram since I stopped working with him, as that was my 2nd major disappointment.

The journey to 1,000,000 followers is frozen.

What's next?

1) I need to find better, reputable partners to aid my effort.
2) I need to set up a monetization plan for instagram that fulfills the criteria below

- breaks even fast (since I'm not planning on investing time, but money)
- does it without alienating my followers by being overly pushy
- the ROI is worth both the time&money I put into this

Hopefully this adds some valuable insights to this process and is more of what you guys expected out of this thread.

I see how my initial approach was off-putting, despite my intent being benevolent.

There's no product sold at the end of this thread.

I will be updating when I'm able to.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
I still want to hear your answer to how you 10x'd your instagram following w/o follow unfollow?

Two options as I explain below

TIME OR MONEY exchange.

Follow/Unfollow = Time exchange, unless outsourced but still not worth it as I had explained in an early post of mine in this thread.

Shoutouts = Money exchange (in most cases)

Instagram growth is primarily driven by:

1) Shoutouts on high traffic (i.e. high follow count) pages
2) Organic growth caused by frequent posting of high quality, niche relevant audiovisual content. This exposure is magnified by cleverly and ethically leveraging the algorithm

There are other ways, but these are the 2 top ones. That's how everyone grows more or less.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
I'm always open to new possibilities, which was why I read Unscripted in the first place.

In your 5th post of this thread, there were 811 words, and it can all be summarized to just 4 words: "Get a blue tick". Then, there's this part:

So, what's this "damn more powerful", legendary forbidden secret technique of the ancients that you speak of? Why is it so powerful that it cannot be executed at this time? Will it crash Instagram's servers or the whole WWW?

How many times are you going to emphasize your achievements, as shown below across all your posts:

(scarcity?)

And from the signature are things which makes me feel even more cynical than ever:

(ok, if you can turn me into a millionaire, I'll take back everything I said and call you dad!)

And even more stuff to establish "credibility and authority":

And below is the final straw which makes me smell a rat and totally reminds me of @SinisterLex 's guru thread:

Private FB community is part of the funnel which will then lead to some private messages, then free skype calls, free coaching and free seminars?

Of course, I could be wrong about you. Maybe I'm too cynical.
Maybe you're not another Tai Lopez (he hangs with multi-millionaires and billionaires at parties and even took pics with Mark Cuban) or that recent Alex Mailtag guy (he even had a photo with Kevin O' Leary!)

.....or you could speed things up, post a link to your website/seminar so I can join and sign up as a paying customer and grow my IG by 8K followers per day/month like you, and maybe even become a millionaire in the process.

Now that I'm re reading the thread...

Probably overdid it with the details to establish credibility lol.

My intent was to get this thread noticed and read. I was about to put really significant effort and resources into this endeavor.

And document it here only. Didn't want it to be futile...

But yeah I see my clearly miscalibrated approach. Mistake.

Well I hope not.

I'm sure he has some value to provide.

I take issue when people show up and you know they're not here to contribute from the bottom of their hearts -- they're here to prospect for their sales funnel.

MJ should I make a new thread by gathering all the best info from here? Without my initial fluff.

Or just keep posting on this one? I imagine it'd be tiresome to read it though.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
Thanks for the update Damian. And good on ya for having the guts to admit a mistake.

Do you see paid IG ads as a part of your long-term strategy? I don't hear much about those vs. organically growing the account. If the ROI is good enough it could be a good supplement or even a replacement for throwing money into growing the account.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
If it costs a VA to do it for just $250, have you done it already? If not, why not?
Especially since the blue tick is so coveted.

Growing IG accounts by 100k+ followers within a week is an epic feat, that would put your IG account at around the same tier as someone like Zac Efron (34m followers). Based on the stats on socialblade, his account from 6 Mar 2018 - 12 Mar 2018 (1 week period) grew by approx ~120K followers.

At that kind of insane growth rate, it puts even Lady Gaga, Snoop Dogg and Vanessa Hudgens' IG growth rate to SHAME!!!

Why didn't you start using that technique on your IG accounts?

Valid concerns.

1) It's one thing to pay the VA his freelance fee for minutiae work like submitting an application. And a TOTALLY different monster to do the preparatory work that will decrease the chances that the "get me blue ticked" request is rejected.

2) The other strategy is a one time thing. You do it once, get a lump sum and it's done. It's not like you will be getting 100K a day in perpetuity. It could realistically lead to anywhere between 100k and a couple million followers. Good for a personal brand. It requires preparation too, and comes with ton of exposure you must be ready to handle. When I successfully implement it, I will talk about it.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Ugh!! I KNOW!!!

But this bro-marketing bullshit is the worse! When he announced that he was going to make Youtube videos, I was excited since I expected him to get in front of a camera and speak. But instead he makes these ridiculous music videos.

I don't know why he's gotten into bro marketing instead of being low-key and genuine. I hope that this doesn't turn into a dark path, because I truly feel like he is a decent guy.... for now at least.

I was low key and genuine for 2+ years while I had been putting tremendous effort into writing articles for my site dareandconquer.com.

Also for 2+ years tweeting like a maniac trying to share my insights with people every day.

Then I see all those people who surpass me in a night, not because they shared more value, but because they showed more bling.

What would you do if you were me?

1) Keep the futile posting for the very few who are determined to study and implement?

2) Or use bling to attract more people? So that hopefully more want to read the product of hundreds of hours of work I did, without asking for anything in return.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Thanks for the update Damian. And good on ya for having the guts to admit a mistake.

Do you see paid IG ads as a part of your long-term strategy? I don't hear much about those vs. organically growing the account. If the ROI is good enough it could be a good supplement or even a replacement for throwing money into growing the account.

Actually, the best way to run IG ads in my opinion, is IN DISGUISE.

Huh?

huh-.jpg

What is the aim here? Isn't it follower growth?

IG ads are particularly used to drive traffic FROM Instagram to some OUTSIDE place.

Yes, you can use Facebook's ad manager to set up a campaign to run inside of Instagram. Try to convert the cold leads who see it to new followers.

But why not try first to exhaust available sources of hot leads?

I.e. other highly engaging pages whose audience is familiar with their posts appearing on their feeds.

Here is how:

(This was part of the "secret advanced" strategies I planned to share later on because it's out of reach for most beginners, but anyway, take it)

1) Similarly to the way you would audit pages for a regular shout out, you find pages to run your ads on. Bear with me for a sec.

2) Assuming you found your pool of hot leads by auditing properly and thoroughly, you dig deep to see what is their *best performing content*

3) Then - and THIS IS KEY - you CREATE content that matches their best performing one.

Here is an example of an ad my team created: Dropbox - ad.mp4

Nothing fancy or super wow advertising wise. Merely an lifestyle post with a follow CTA

4) Negotiate shoutout rate and find the optimal time to post based on the page's audience responsiveness.

This can grow an account LIKE CRAZY.

Those big spikes of growth you see on my account if you check social blade?

That someone said is suspicious?

That's on days we ran ads like this one on big pages. Shit worked crazy well!

OKAY IT WORKS - BUT WHY IS THIS A GREAT STRATEGY?

Think!

Big pages STARVE for good audiovisual content. They spend hours researching for good posts to add to their feed.

And here you jump out of the woods, giving them that content they want, AND paying them for it!

Does it get better than that?

You become their favorite overnight, get better rates, both pages grow yada yada yada

DOWNSIDES?

Well, it's damn F*cking hard to create that content most of the times. But if you're creative you can solve the puzzle and made it work.

I didn't want to waste time solving puzzles, so I leveraged my lifestyle to the best of my advantage.

Hired a full time videographer to travel with me everywhere I go and film everything. Not everyone has that option. But your options will depend on what your niche is, as well as what you want to invest - time, money or both.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Good update, thanks for a look behind the scenes.

Sucks that there are people taking that much and providing a service that poor.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016

Also, what nobody talks about is this...

Do you know how ridiculously hard it is to MANAGE an operation that:

- Creates content
- Prepares the ground for launching the content
- Researchs and audits partners
- Communicates and network with others in the space
- Runs Instagram ads effectively
- Learning how to run them or hiring someone who does
- Managing the advertising team
- Managing the video creation team
- Add time for traveling
- Meetings, skype calls, planning
- What about testing new ideas?
- What about the other 12+ strategies or possible ways you didn't try?
- When do you bother with monetizing? How do u effectively do it?

I'm not sure if what I'm trying to say is clear, but if you want to do it properly, you gotta treat it like you'd treat any legitimate business. You wouldn't manage it different than you'd manage a big consulting firm as its CEO

So it's a hell of a lot of things to do and this list is not even close to comprehensive.

MADNESS!

The true list of what it takes is scary.

Now add to this unrelated duties or activities like

- running a pre-existing business
- your own growth and development
- your personal life, relationships, family

You will go F*cking nuts

I was at Tai Lopez's house.

You can't imagine how many people he had there working, just on his personal brand. I was like damn, do I have to end up like this? Have so many people in my house? Sacrifice privacy and peace of mind? Have bodyguard shifts? Maybe I should step back and re evaluate where i'm taking this!

The point is:

The infrastructure it requires to run a BIG personal brand and make it worth your time, is no different than that of any other serious business's. Plus the toll it takes on your life, because it demands your constant involvement.

The question is, do you want to do it right? Or do you just want followers for vanity?

I know plenty of girls with big followings in the hundreds of thousands or millions.

They make PEANUTS.

What for? Useless fame.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Firstly, I found that it's not just Instagram followers/comments he's bought before...

View attachment 19159

I trolled him anonymously on Twitter about this and got the same response to you guys - "liar / you're wrong". Even if I am wrong, or the Fiverr guy is lying, it seems highly suspect that IBTimes.com.au would run a story on the OP despite him not being in Australia. Why didn't other outlets pick it up?

To be honest, I don't care.

Also Richard, unless you have legitimate proof that this actually happened, I'd kindly ask that you delete this.

I NEVER paid this guy, or anyone on Fiverr to run those stories on the publications i've been featured.

Since you are SO VIGILANT to show the truth about me to the world, and even spent your time writing on Ezine about me....shouldn't you be careful before posting blatant lies and smearing accusations?

Would I need to resort to cease and desist letters? Or further legal trouble? I got the money to do it. Do you? Since you've been following me for a while, i'd advise you to just stick around and let time reveal the truth. Unless you can't sleep at nights and want to save the world from being scammed by me! Oh man...

Are there dots about me that can't be connected at the moment?

Purposefully so, I've refrained from sharing certain parts of my story to protect myself. Stay safe from those with malicious intent who may wanna cause me trouble.

What rational person wouldn't do this?

Most of you have pen names here. Even MJ De Marco, is that even the real name? I have no clue. It may be. Never looked into it. Has he revealed 100% about himself? I doubt so. Transparency has limits.

But I ain't hiding about how I got features on these platforms. Hired outreach teams to pitch my life story to contributors. NEVER ever compensated any contributor in exchange for the feature. No quid pro quo. Some found I had an interesting story to share, and decided to share it.

Here's my battle tested advice for anyone interested to get major press:

1) Do something press worthy
2) Pitch relentlessly until somebody publishes about you

Ain't no workaround that's worth trying.

Other shady, "fast", or "guaranteed" options out there, like these on Fiverr, wanna charge you a thousand bucks for a backlink...AT BEST..

Run your life story? Not even in your dreams!

Don't believe me?

Message David Meltzer, the multi-millionaire businessman and Entrepreneur columnist who wrote one of the stories on me. Ask him if he interviewed me on the phone. And post THAT response here. I challenge anyone who doesn't believe me.

Last edited:

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Also, what nobody talks about is this...

Do you know how ridiculously hard it is to MANAGE an operation that:

- Creates content
- Prepares the ground for launching the content
- Researchs and audits partners
- Communicates and network with others in the space
- Runs Instagram ads effectively
- Learning how to run them or hiring someone who does
- Managing the advertising team
- Managing the video creation team
- Add time for traveling
- Meetings, skype calls, planning
- What about testing new ideas?
- What about the other 12+ strategies or possible ways you didn't try?
- When do you bother with monetizing? How do u effectively do it?

I'm not sure if what I'm trying to say is clear, but if you want to do it properly, you gotta treat it like you'd treat any legitimate business. You wouldn't manage it different than you'd manage a big consulting firm as its CEO

So it's a hell of a lot of things to do and this list is not even close to comprehensive.

MADNESS!

The true list of what it takes is scary.

Now add to this unrelated duties or activities like

- running a pre-existing business
- your own growth and development
- your personal life, relationships, family

You will go F*cking nuts

I was at Tai Lopez's house.

You can't imagine how many people he had there working, just on his personal brand. I was like damn, do I have to end up like this? Have so many people in my house? Sacrifice privacy and peace of mind? Have bodyguard shifts? Maybe I should step back and re evaluate where i'm taking this!

The point is:

The infrastructure it requires to run a BIG personal brand and make it worth your time, is no different than that of any other serious business's. Plus the toll it takes on your life, because it demands your constant involvement.

The question is, do you want to do it right? Or do you just want followers for vanity?

I know plenty of girls with big followings in the hundreds of thousands or millions.

They make PEANUTS.

What for? Useless fame.

Thats not scary, thats just part of the list of job hats an entrepreneur wears every day. Add in warehouse management, product sourcing and development etc etc

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I started out with Josue Pena, a well known name in the Instagram industry. Basically paid him $10,000 for a hole in the ocean.

I'm in his FB group but did not buy anything from him. He has always felt like a guru and I'm glad to have my suspicions validated here. Almost spent money buying his courses.

1) I need to find better, reputable partners to aid my effort.
2) I need to set up a monetization plan for instagram that fulfills the criteria below

- breaks even fast (since I'm not planning on investing time, but money)
- does it without alienating my followers by being overly pushy
- the ROI is worth both the time&money I put into this

If my memory works correctly (it's a bit hazy sometimes), I remember reading in another post somewhere that Richard wrote, that your main company SPXMarc has closed down?
It was doing pretty well previously I believe.

Not sure what you intend to do with your IG and why you're putting in extreme amounts of effort to grow it, but I assume the end goal is to sell guru programs to your followers?

I checked out your IG, last post was in Oct 2018, majority of comments still look fake AF, but the more worrying thing is, out of those that are real, there's actually quite a bit of people calling you nasty names and scolding you?

MJ should I make a new thread by gathering all the best info from here? Without my initial fluff.
Or just keep posting on this one? I imagine it'd be tiresome to read it though.

Personally, I would prefer you to continue posting here. There's a lot of valuable posts from Richard, Fox and several others.

Here is how:
1) Similarly to the way you would audit pages for a regular shout out, you find pages to run your ads on. Bear with me for a sec.

2) Assuming you found your pool of hot leads by auditing properly and thoroughly, you dig deep to see what is their *best performing content*

3) Then - and THIS IS KEY - you CREATE content that matches their best performing one.

Here is an example of an ad my team created: Dropbox - ad.mp4

Nothing fancy or super wow advertising wise. Merely an lifestyle post with a follow CTA

4) Negotiate shoutout rate and find the optimal time to post based on the page's audience responsiveness.

This can grow an account LIKE CRAZY.

Those big spikes of growth you see on my account if you check social blade?

That someone said is suspicious?

That's on days we ran ads like this one on big pages. Shit worked crazy well!

OKAY IT WORKS - BUT WHY IS THIS A GREAT STRATEGY?

Think!

Big pages STARVE for good audiovisual content. They spend hours researching for good posts to add to their feed.

And here you jump out of the woods, giving them that content they want, AND paying them for it!

Does it get better than that?

You become their favorite overnight, get better rates, both pages grow yada yada yada

Again, I'm still curious to know your end goal of spending so much time and money into IG.
What's the product or service you're selling?

I'm not sure if you're still doing this whole Tai-Lopez guru BS. The dropbox ad you posted was disappointing to watch, not because it's bad, but it's "empty".
What's the point of hiring a video crew team to shoot yourself smiling happily in a ferrari? Are you selling ferraris? Better ferrari tyres?

You remind me of those female influencers on IG, taking exaggerated photos of themselves eating rainbow crepes in artificial, heavily-filtered photo-processed backgrounds, while they smile like they won a million dollar lottery. Riding giant unicorn floats in pools, traveling to different countries every week......
Their monetization method is to sell shoutouts and endorsements, and IG is their platform.....how about you?

Tbh, you seem like a pretty nice guy, highly capable (I mean, how many of us can get ourselves featured in those big magazines like you?) and a go-getter......just that you seem to be going down the wrong direction.....maybe I'm wrong, and you've already stopped doing these guru BS since last year.

I was thinking, if you had an eCommerce business, or anything that is non-guru-based, who knows, your accomplishments might have exceeded even most of the big boys here.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
If my memory works correctly (it's a bit hazy sometimes), I remember reading in another post somewhere that Richard wrote, that your main company SPXMarc has closed down?

From my Fiverr thread:

Nope.

It was just about time I exited that business.

I'm involved in other ventures which I'm more passionate about.

And training 7 martial arts full time whilst considering the possibility of fighting professionally.

There was no other option but moving on and closing that chapter of my life.

As for the rest:

Not sure what you intend to do with your IG and why you're putting in extreme amounts of effort to grow it, but I assume the end goal is to sell guru programs to your followers?

I checked out your IG, last post was in Oct 2018, majority of comments still look fake AF, but the more worrying thing is, out of those that are real, there's actually quite a bit of people calling you nasty names and scolding you?

I've paused all efforts till I re-evaluate my strategy.

The nasty names and scolding are a result of me tweeting that "video gamers are for losers", which went viral on Twitter. I made a video about it on YT, and a big Gaming YouTuber with 500,000 subs did a response video.

His army of upset minions attacked all of my social media with hateful comments and threats.

But that's another story.

curious to know your end goal of spending so much time and money into IG.
What's the product or service you're selling?

Nothing. Literally.

And now that I think about it, it's stupid.

I just spent my money to film content that motivates and inspires people.

I have an inspiring story (people have told me so). Hundreds have wrote to me how their lives have changed since finding me online.

I have been sharing my advice on my website and twitter for 3 years.

Never sold a course. Never asked to get anything. Just wanted to help people. I had things to say and I said them. I only wrote 2 ebooks a while back, but never really promoted them, and only because people kept asking me the same things over and over.

Perhaps I should stop all this charity work.

Perhaps I should start selling courses and make huge money like everyone else.

I don't know.

I just know I have a message to share. I can make an impact.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
The dropbox ad you posted was disappointing to watch, not because it's bad, but it's "empty".
What's the point of hiring a video crew team to shoot yourself smiling happily in a ferrari? Are you selling ferraris? Better ferrari tyres?

You remind me of those female influencers on IG, taking exaggerated photos of themselves eating rainbow crepes in artificial, heavily-filtered photo-processed backgrounds, while they smile like they won a million dollar lottery. Riding giant unicorn floats in pools, traveling to different countries every week......
Their monetization method is to sell shoutouts and endorsements, and IG is their platform.....how about you?

Instagram IS "empty".

It's superficial.

The ad worked. Got me tens of thousands of followers. Ain't saying they're high IQ intellectuals, but it's Instagram...

FYI, I didn't hire a crew to film me smiling happily in a Ferrari.

I traveled all across the world to LA for a mastermind. Stayed there for a week. I needed a car to move around. Got a Ferrari. I could've saved money and used Uber. But where's the enjoyment in that?

Filmed tons of content, that was just a little part of it.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
It's weird. So a couple of months after the cringy vids, you come back on the forum (where folks openly questioned you) to admit you actually made mistakes. Takes balls to do that. Although there are still holes in the story, which we probably will figure out later.

So how do you make money now? Is your insta making any? Or do you make any money right now?

Last edited:

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
It's weird. So a couple of months after the cringy vids, you come back on the forum (where folks openly questioned you) to admit you actually made mistakes. Takes balls to do that. Although there are still holes in the story, which we probably will figure out later.

Which holes specifically?

I'm ramping up my YouTube channel so I might address some questions there.

My video editing team is working on videos I filmed when I was in Dubai, which will probably shine light on many details.

Twitter was interested in them, would you guys like to see them too? Still debating on if I should post them all. It's 10+ vids.

[GALLERY=media, 175]Damian Dubai Videos by Damian Pros posted Feb 18, 2019 at 1:48 PM[/GALLERY]

So how do you make money now? Is your insta making any? Or do you make any money right now?

The money I have already made makes me babies every day. Cashflow Quadrant, final tier for those who've read that book.

As far as business ventures are concerned, I'm still involved in e-commerce.

My consulting firm that sprout out of Fiverr, revolved 99% around e-commerce copywriting and related services. Ranking on Amazon, product research, sourcing, Amazon ads, Shopify store creation, ecom copywriting and more.So, it would be foolish to not get my claws in that industry, since I've developed inside expertise.

Maybe that's too vague, yet I'm not sure if I should reveal brand names. I've seen some nasty shit happening to people who went too public with their brands.

Maybe I should create a new brand as a case study just for proof of concept and take it to 7 figures. But i'm not interested in being perceived as an authority in e-commerce anyway, so I might as well keep all details about my involvement in it confidential.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.