• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! 1,000,000 Followers On Social Media: How I Am Doing It & How You Can Too

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Damian Pros, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Xeon

Xeon Nessuna macchina per me se non una Pagani Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,032
    Jesus farking Christ! Thank you so much for all these! Rep transferred $500 to you! To think you're only 28 yrs old! :eek:

I cannot ask for any more. Asking anything more than all these advice you've given here would be like asking for a blueprint PDF ebook system with exact steps, with manufacturers' contact numbers and product ideas lol

dzackb3l, SMH, NFT and 3 others like this.
  2. Damian Pros

Damian Pros Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,221
    I am still here, although I do not intend to post any more advice on this thread, given the way it's been treated.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and I don't mind harsh criticism. In fact, I've learned a lot from what all of you contributed to this thread and it's helped make me better. So thank you.

But I am not gonna put any more of my valuable time into this, after seeing your reactions. I will still document my journey, but on my YouTube Channel, Blog, or Facebook Group.

To answer your question Fox, I've not paid the contributors in those platforms for any of those mentions.

You can certainly NOT get a full featured article written about you on Forbes, INC or International Business Times, by compensating some dude on Fiverr, as it has been insinuated.

That screenshot someone posted, of an apparently untrustworthy Fiverr seller claiming that I paid him to write an article for me on International Business Times, is obviously false evidence.

I can't believe how all of you smart entrepreneurs in here got tricked to believe that this could be true.

Don't you see the obvious incentive for him to lie when inquired about it?

He wants to get more business and he's incentivized to lie by saying he did it, so that a prospect hires him for a similar job.

I never compensated any media publication in exchange for them featuring me. I never hired someone on Fiverr to get me those featured, and I challenge anyone who doesn't believe this to prove the opposite.

Xeon and Satvik Gupta like this.
  3. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $65,194
    I don't care too much either. Just calling out fake followers on IG when I see it.

No problem with people using bots but when its a progress thread on creating a real following it comes off super spammy. I don't see why you don't clean it up a little to at least look realistic.

For example:

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 10.11.00.png

Xeon likes this.
  4. Damian Pros

Damian Pros Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,221
    These spammy comments are the result of other people using bots that target my profile, not the opposite.

I could delete the comment every time someone posts it, but honestly I ain't got time to deal with this nonsense. Hoping Instagram will find a way to block those spammers automatically one day.

Those idiots all say the same thing about joining their bullshit squad, which is kinda hilarious and shows how people blindly follow advice without an ounce of critical sense.

Put those 4-5 spammy comments aside, all the other 50+ comments in the last 2 posts are totally legit, coming from my followers.

In previous posts though, I've used engagement groups, but stopped doing that after you pointed out that it looks spammy, which was apparently true. Ain't worth it. It didn't give any substantial exposure boost to the posts either.

Xeon and Argue like this.
  5. Damian Pros

Rep Bank:
    $4,221
    Also, my followers are not fake. They are mostly obtained from shoutouts in bigger profiles.

There is about 1k to 2k (my rough estimate) that came from cross promoting my Instagram on my Twitter and another 1k-2k from my Facebook Group, e-mail list etc.

A big part of the followers though, about 20,000, came from shoutouts in big Latin American pages of 1 to 4 million followers.

A year ago I hired an "Instagram Expert" named Josue Pena, and I had the horrible experience of working with him and his partner Tim Karsliyev of Daily Dose.

I paid them $10,000 to test their services and have them grow my Instagram organically.

They promised 20,000 extra followers in the entrepreneurship niche (most expensive one).

Instead they delivered only 13,000 low quality followers from those Latin American meme and funny video pages they owned.

They literally scammed their own followers into following me under the false promise of giving away an iPhone X to a lucky winner.

There was no proof of them ever giving away those iPhones. I don't think they ever gave one away, even though they made that post announcement about 5-10 times.

You can imagine that an audience that's incentivized to follow you under the false and never fulfilled promise of winning an iPhone, will never really engage with you.

They scammed me, they scammed their audience, they underdelivered, and they left me with thousands of low quality, unengaged followers from Latin America.

6. Envision

Envision Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $19,038
    Dude, you sound delusional - i stumbled on your blog years ago from Vic's it seems like your ego and perceived status has taken complete control over what you write.. no hate either Im just gonna give you an honest thought.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 1.55.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 1.55.15 PM.png

You're out of your mind when you write this stuff about yourself - anyone who's worth their salt and actually an entreprenuer that ACTUALLY makes money and see's this just cringes. To say that you've accomplished more than Bezos, Zuck, and Page is moronic in context because who cares about age? It doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things - not even gonna get into the rest of it.

Don't come to this forum espousing one thing and how you can teach it, NOT teach it, and bid farewell when people push back on what you're saying. It completely dissolves your credibility.

7. Damian Pros

Rep Bank:
    $4,221
    How much does the thought of "what the hell was I doing with my life at his age" hurt?

8. Envision

Envision Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $19,038
    LOL pretty sure I’m younger than you. Truth hurts bud

9. Bulgano

Bulgano Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $455
    How much does the statement of others saying you have a god complex hurt?
    Here's a thought for you. Instead of arguing with all these people here, why don't you prove them wrong? That way, 2 things get accomplished. They get some good information, and you can feed your ego. It's a win-win scenario and sure as sh*t is a lot better than everyone just arguing in this thread.

10. Maxboost

Maxboost Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,723
    I sure hope you didn't pay for this copywriter...It's sooo bad...

Kerem Ozkan likes this.
  11. rpeck90

rpeck90 Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,660
    Why would you even write that?

Since it was my post this was referring to - the same "smart entrepreneurs" have also been trying to determine whether you are who you say you are.

If I were to address you in as demeaning nature as you have others, I'd presume you'd never heard of due diligence before, and say you're a fool / mentally retarded for not thinking people would try and fact-check what you've been doing. Maybe throw in a few insults about your family, appearance etc.

I think you're a great guy and wish you the best of success, but come on.

I'll do more research into this.

To address your point directly, I don't believe what you say and - whilst what I found was mostly circumstantial - does not dispel the underlying reality that the majority of what's been written "about" you is highly suspect. As mentioned, I don't really care whether it's paid or not - but to tell people is isn't, if it was, would be fraudulent.

In the interest of fairness, I did find another post which seemed genuine: 7 E-Commerce Mistakes to Avoid When Selling Online - interesting how this was written around the actual business and not the fact he's the "youngest self made millionaire in Greek history"...

And yes, you don't need to tell me about how he's "incentivized to lie". I know how the game works.

--

To add to this, I have an anecdote which may benefit someone who may be influenced by the OP:
    Boss of celeb-backed Caribbean scheme who 'cheated investors of £390M' in court

When my dad retired, I referred a "financial adviser" I met at a networking event.

She told me she had some stuff about pensions.

I didn't sit in on their meetings, but she basically sold him on this idea of a SIPP - where you're able to take control of all your pension money (in the UK the choice is between SIPP or annuity, whereby an annuity is where you sign over all your money to an insurance company in return for yearly stipend. Once you die, the money is gone, whilst a SIPP can be inherited).

Annuity = script; SIPP = unscripted.

Whilst SIPP's are great on paper, they have a problem - the onus is upon the retiree to invest the money themselves (rather than letting a fund manager do it). Although some companies work well with SIPP's (Hargreaves Lansdown very good), a number of suspect schemes popped up, promising sky-high returns.

Harlequin was the one my Dad got suckered into (although there were many others).

The whole SIPP thing isn't new and I'm not trying to prove anything with it; what I am trying to say is that after dealing with Harlequin directly (on behalf of my dad), they started acting very similar to the OP.

They regularly pursued their "investors" with top defamation/libel lawyers Nabarro & Carter Ruck, continually evaded questions on the veracity of the business, always had "excuses" as to why various developments were not being completed.

When the money started to run out, the boss was hauled in front of the investor base in a series of meetings. The level of contempt he showed was despicable and it was painfully obvious he had very little prior experience in the business world (he used to sell double-glazed windows).

The point is that if you're trying to achieve some result (such as you are here), why act combative to those who are either trying to help, or at least pointing out things you did wrong. You made some money, great... but that means relatively little when you're trying to achieve the 1,000,000 follower goal.

Why didn't you write this originally? This is the type of thing people want to see.

In terms of whether followers are "fake", I personally see a "follower" as someone who appreciates what you've published. You could consider me a follower if I was subscribed to your Instagram.

The "fake" notion is that the followers on your profile are there either to win a prize, or because they were referred under false pretenses (seat filler). I've done stuff like that before (some web agency created competitions to get 500+ fans on a FB page and the resulting engagement was terrible).

In your world, a "fake" follower is a bot. If you were doing this stuff as a business (KPI's/ROI etc), you'd need to consider a "fake" follower to only be interested in themselves (not your content).

By your own admission (and I appreciate it is not your "fault"), at least 20k of your following are not there for "you". If you stood up and said "yeah I did this and got half a shitty following", you'd have garnered more respect. But rather than be transparent, you tried to pin it on others by playing the tough guy.

Here's an example of why it's important:

Untitled.png

Ally Law (from my original post) is getting sued by the UK government for a number of offenses he committed making his videos. He created a video asking for money to cover legal fees yesterday. As you can see, at least 1,700 have stumped up - some with $xxx donations.

How many of your following would do that if you needed money? I would. So there's one.

If you want a personal brand, I'd strongly recommend you consider reading between the lines in this thread.

If I'm a follower of yours, I'm basically a "customer" and expect to be compensated for the time/support I'm showing. You've presently done this by giving people a glimpse into what you consider the "millionaire lifestyle". What people are saying is that 1) what you're putting out is extremely superficial 2) there's very little proof as to the veracity of your claims 3) your berating of anyone who dare question your status is indicative of someone with something to hide (IE fake or inexperienced).

Your latter assertions of being a "millionaire" etc etc only exacerbate this. There's nothing wrong with being wealthy (it should be celebrated), but the undertone of the majority of your personal stuff is so condescending, it's the equivalent of saying "your life sucks, go suck a dick unless you want to be like me".

There used to be a product called "Rich Jerk" which is this personified...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_MjWoCx2G0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YdMPJS1l0A

The opportunity you have is to showcase what you've built.

paulmp, Musashi, lowtek and 8 others like this.
  12. Rhino

Rhino Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $138
    Erm... sorry to break it to you, but actually you can....

The publications you listed were involved in a bit of a mini scandal recently whereby people were found to have been paying for mentions of themselves or their businesses in articles.

Almost anyone (without qualifications or even being verified in some cases) can become a freelance contributor to those types of online media. If you don’t believe me Buzzfeed documented it recently:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...audienceboom-forbes-entrepreneur-pay-for-play

Now, you may or may not of done this, but to suggest that it cannot be done is at best disingenuous, and at worst a deceptive and blatant smokescreen.

craig1928 and rpeck90 like this.
  13. ShadowX

ShadowX Be Grateful Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $120
    I have spent quite a bit $ on COURSES, Mentor programmes and so on. Some of them were bad purchases yes, but majority I found benefit from and glad I purchased it.

First of all, we all agree SELLING GOOD product (digital product, course etc) there is nothing wrong with that. If MJ demarco sold a course on how to write a book, we would all jump to buy it considering it's good of course. He has experience and so on.

A Good mentorship/course =
    1. Information is not found elsewhere, can be found only on this course.
    2. Course provides extra benefits like 1on1 time with the course trainer.
    3. Person behind it is trustworthy, flashy supercars are HIS, not rented.
    4. Students with solid track record.

2 extremes I see in the target audience of courses.
    1 extreme. "I Will never buy any course, every single entrepreneur is out to make $$$ money from me boo hoo, I can learn for free on youtube and do everything my self, im glad I stayed away from these parasites"
    Yes, go and tour the jungle with no food and water while your at it :p. Courses give you the structure you need on someone who's been there and done that. Amazon course would have step by step instructions on specifics like finding supplier etc. These good courses are by guys who have been 7/8 figure levels themselves, showing you the mistakes they made, what to do, what not to do and how do to it. You have your own support network, community for questions. If this is a geniuine entrepreneur, they could be on bahama islands with feet up on laptop earning more in an HOUR then they do teaching YOU. They are doing a favour by creating this course. This cost of the course used in variety of ways, video editing, hiring more instructors etc. Yes of course the course OWNER will PROFIT from this 100% juicy profit margin. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. What I like most about these courses is the community aspect, other likeminded people and entrepreneurs.
    Enjoy Alex Becker openly describing how his course profits will help his other businesses:

2nd extreme. "Ahh I know nothing about business, this course is everything for me. I'm taking overdraft to buy this. If I fail it's all the courses fault, my life saving is dependent on it. Every single course HAS to make me money."
    Relax. Take a deep breath. Breath. No one can do everything for you, start taking responsibility for your life. If you keep buying courses and take NO ACTION how is anything going to work out? If you are dabbling everything, buying courses left right and centre, while roof is leaking and spending another $1000? Common SENSE! Yes course creators can be VERY CONVINCING in sales copy. But that doesn't mean you become brainless and start going on a rampage! Common sense!

In all conclusion balance is key. I make most out of free resources youtube, facebook yes. But I have came across things in courses that would of never got the idea for elsewhere. Both free VS paid have their advantages disadvantages. Sometimes the paid ones can give extra edge. Or anything paid can give you the extra edge. Like MJ Demarco INSIDERS (not a paid promotion haha).

Sometimes by people, I see the Scarcity mindset applied to courses and we see them as the next red devil :O

I have observed "Course haters", for example I was a student in this Amazon course group. The ones who made it by following steps on course were happy growing their business, full of positivity. The Haters in the course were unsuccessful, pessimistic, gave up on business.

[​IMG]

Xeon likes this.
  14. ShadowX

Rep Bank:
    $120
    That would be cool idea as long as you don't turn into a Loser.

What do I mean by that?

Well you see in the online marketing scene it's messy we know. But CRAZY thing is there is a whole NICHE of haters profiting of hating on other people. So they review other people, hate on them and profit from it by adding their course or their affiliate link. That is the lowest form of the low you can ever go in my opinion.

Like this guy :

So as long as you don't be someone described above, and spread the TRUTH without no malicious intentions then it's all good. It's always good to speak with the course owners beforehand and clarify any misconceptions. To be honest much better to set out clear guidelines on what to look for in a course and educate people about that, rather then becoming like "Drama alert" of digital course scene and start exposing like some netflix show.

Yes with this niche you can be popular and have pessimistic cynic fans like this guy: DramaAlert

Look at above Drama alert. Let's take FouseyTube, he has worked tirelessly day and night. At the end of the day you are shitting on him, his reputation, focusing on others and just giving words about people that are not true. It's the lowest form of entertainment you can do online. Lowest of the low.

NFT and Xeon like this.
  15. ShadowX

Rep Bank:
    $120
    [/QUOTE]

We can't guess his intentions and just say he's for so and so.

I don't know the OP @Damian Pros , but I like the OP's value, I would happily buy from him in hoping to learn he seems like pretty cool guy too. Genuine criticism is GOOD on this guy or anyone, and the guy can respond accordingly in his own time. But what is not cool is the MOCKING, memes etc. Am sure if you all met in real life it would be different. So just chill and have a coffee together :)

Putting my self in Damiens shoes. If I was Damien right now, I would of made that original post to bounce ideas, answer questions etc. Not for sole intention to sell a course, but give value and expect love back. And also more followers on social media :D, more awareness and being on forum is a perk on itself (learning).

Some of us on this thread are just acting strange. Just be respectful, keep discussion going and don't nitpick everything unless needed.

Oh yeah OP I skim read that premium product post by @rpeck90 , what I got from that was try and make your product the best product possible. Am sure you have used this thread as a improvement point and feedback in your products to make it even more better :) am sure you already are, so keep up good work.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Xeon likes this.
  16. Xeon

Xeon Nessuna macchina per me se non una Pagani Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,032
    To side track a bit...I have to say everything in the image you posted above, under the "Scarcity Mindset" box, every line describes me to a T. Is there a quick fix to get rid of the scarcity mindset? My thinking is that resources in this world are limited. Limited women, limited customers (there's only a fixed no. of humans right?), limited money etc....and this resulted in the "If they win, I lose" and "I need to hoard as much as I can" thinking.

I know this thinking is unhealthy but can't shake it off.

17. Manchild_Unbound

Manchild_Unbound Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,020
    Well @Xeon there's affirmation and self-talk.

Here's a detailed way of reversing limiting beliefs from Marc Allen, the owner and founder of New World Library:
    THE CORE BELIEF PROCESS
    1. Think of a problem, situation, or area of your life you want to improve.
    Describe it - take two or three minutes to think about it or talk about it in general.

2. What emotions are you feeling?
    Name the specific emotion, such as fear, anger, frustration, etc. Don't get into any particular thoughts you're having about it at this point, just pinpoint the single word that describes he emotion.

3. What physical sensations are you feeling?
    Explore your body from your toes to the top of your head. Is there tension somewhere? What's going on inside your stomach? What is your breathing like?

4. What are you thinking about?

What tapes are running in you head? What conditioning or programming can you identify? What negative thoughts, fears, or worries are you having? Describe your thoughts.

5. What is the worst thing that could happen in this situation?
    This question brings your deepest fears to light.

6. What is the best thing that could happen?
    What would you like o happen ideally? What is the ideal scene for this area of your life? You may find this harder to express than your worst fears. If so, your fears may ave been dominating and overwhelming your vision of success. maybe you have been focusing more on the half of the glass that is empty than the half that is full in your life. Keep the best things, the best possibilities, in mind.

7. What fear or limiting belief is keeping you from creating what you want in this situation?
    Once you've explored this, write your fear or negative belief in one short sentence, as simply and precisely as you can. If you have more than one write them all down. Put them in the form of a belief: I believe that I'm inadequate..I believe that it is hard to make money...I believe my life is stressful and unhealthy at times...

8. Create an affirmation to counteract and correct the negative limiting belief.
    It should be short, simple, and meaningful to you, in the present tense, as if already happening. Your affirmation is the opposite of your core belief, turning a negative, limiting phrase into a positive expansive one: I am enough... I am now creating abundance in my life... I have everything I need to create success as I choose to define it... There are more than enough amazing women in the world that like me.

9. Say or write your affirmation repeatedly, over a period of several days.
    Write your affirmation down and put it where you will see it often. Repeat your affirmation silently to yourself, while relaxing. Picture everything working out exactly as you want it to. Write it ten or twenty times a day, if necessary, until you feel you've absorbed it as a positive core belief. If negative thoughts come up, write those negative thoughts on the back of the paper, then keep writing the affirmations on the front until it feels free of any emotional resistance.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Xeon likes this.
  18. TinyOldLady

TinyOldLady Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $269
    It probably hurts the most, when you know you lived a lie.

Xeon likes this.
  19. sparechange

sparechange Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,448
    please for the love of god do this @MJ DeMarco

20. rsnyder312

rsnyder312 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $87
    [​IMG]

21. Micahbiz

Micahbiz New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    For some reason when I saw this guy posting a few months ago I could smell snake oil salesman from a mile away. It was blatantly obvious he was trying to position himself as the next guru with the ''secret''. I didn't want to call him out since I'm new here but after reading this thread I was about to. It's nice to see some of you guys beat me to it.

jon2089 likes this.
  22. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $218
    I'm always suspicious,of people whom are selling money naking strategies/courses/books. If they are that good at making money, they don't need to sell the course/book. They can just put it up for free(or require a donation to charity in their name). It does make me wonder, why they want to ask money they don't need for the product?

It's like finding out someone claiming to be satoshi needs you to mine some bitcoins for him. Or Linus Torvaldus needs a basic lesson on the linux kernel. No he doesn't.

At least with books, available in the library, you can do a bit of fact checking. It is certainly quite hard to get your head a round the idea that people with an abundance mindset are not giving things away.