The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

0 TO 8K A MONTH BY DECEMBER 2020

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

VDP

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 11, 2019
Hey guys. I have read the millionaire fastlane a few months ago. Been on the forum a bit and then went ghost. But hey, I'm back!

I am going with a Facebook Advertising Agency. I have found some good freelancers to do the work, they are on stand by. Myself, I also know the basics.
I started January the first. I did 45 e-mails outreach, but it was a lot of work finding there names and to personalize the e-mails. I got a meeting, but he ghosted me. But it shows some interest at least. Since I do ads for local businesses, I thought cold calls could be way more time efficiënt. I knew it from the start but I really didn't want to do it. But, I put it off and some weeks went by. Long story short. 1.5 months in I didn't really do much. I mean I read and learn a lot but I need to reach out to prospects every day. That is the thing that will make me move forward. I'm mostly focussing on restaurants and spa/wellness niche. I will decide after I have experience, which one I go for.

Long story short. I improved a lot in the last year and a half in the sense of discipline etc. I really came from far, waking up at 12 and smoking all day with friends. But know I'm at the point where I feel like I have to make a big step. Because I am now in a better place, I don't need to just read and improve habits (although smoking weed before sleeping really needs to go). It's time to stop action faking and get results.

So my plan at the start of the year.
Q1: Get my first client(s) (1.5 months gone but it should be still possible if I use the other 1.5 well!)
Q2: Get good results for my first clients
Q3: Scale
Q4: Scale and get to 8k a month (5-6 clients)

Biggest obstacles:
MYSELF - Weed before sleeping makes me role into a series of bad decisions some times and makes me less sharp. - Anxiety for cold calling, just need to get over it.

The profit margins are high. So it is for sure possible. I have the business structure right, I know that for sure. But the hard part will be getting clients. So I have to grind it out! If I have some clients with some good results, It's pretty easy to scale because I set it up in such a way that I don't need to do much except sales. Of course all easier said than done. But the only obstacle to the 8k a month is my self. I believe it's really possible!!!

I make this thread as a bit of an accountability thread. I will keep updating it through out the year. I know most of you guys are pretty straight to the point so I need that.
I will start Monday with cold calling. By then I will have scraped around 150 leads that have shown interest in social media but do do ads (well).

I got inspired for this thread by the GOLD - Cold Calling thread. Because I have anxiety for these calls too. But, it is what I need to do. I want to grow either way, so I don't want the easy path. Sorry If it seems like rambling. I'm not a native speaker and kinda am rambling lol. Either way, thanks for reading and I will get back next week for sure to share how much I have cold called etc.

Love you all ^^

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SeanODG

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 6, 2019
Chicago
Best of luck!!

Cold calling will absolutely be your highest conversion rate. But, if it's going to stop you from getting started, then maybe you should do cold email.

If you want to go on the cold email route, expect a meeting booking rate of 3-5%. If you convert 30% of those to sales, you need to send 100 emails to get one sale.

So, you need to find a way to get more emails out there.

I'd recommend using FindThatlead to get email addresses, then dropping those email addresses into a basic sequence on Woodpecker. This will get you that volume

Best of luck!

VDP

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 11, 2019
Thanks for the comment!
First day done. Stared at the screen for more than an hour. Decided to do what the other guy trying to cold call did. Not eat till I had done it. It worked.

Calls went pretty well. Started with 6 calls to make it very doable.
One hang up on me, didn't affect me at all honestly. Two times I got very nice staff on the line that connected me to the business owner's mail and would say that I had called. Three times they did not pick up. It is monday tho, so a lot of restaurants are closed around here. Either way, slow and steady wins the race iguess. Overall pretty decent experience.

I'll do this every monday - wednesday - thursday - friday (tuesday's I'll do all my law school work). I want to get 10 calls in a day on the next three days this week. I will keep scaling slowly.

Akeem

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Feb 4, 2016
United Kingdom
If you're targeting local businesses, I suggest perhaps networking a little more and turning up physically.

Although I'm not certain about the percentage difference between turning up physically and cold-calling, in my own experiences, turning up physically and being the face behind the product/service got me more results - and quicker too.

Obviously this depends on your own circumstances, how far these 'local' businesses actually are and transport to get there etc - but it's always something to consider as your chances do increase IMO.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
If you're targeting local businesses, I suggest perhaps networking a little more and turning up physically.

Although I'm not certain about the percentage difference between turning up physically and cold-calling, in my own experiences, turning up physically and being the face behind the product/service got me more results - and quicker too.

Obviously this depends on your own circumstances, how far these 'local' businesses actually are and transport to get there etc - but it's always something to consider as your chances do increase IMO.

I can second this idea. When you're selling a service, being in a room full of business people who ask "so what do you do" is nice. You have an easy reply like "I help people sell more of their product using targeted facebook ads." Then you can talk to them about their business, nd find out all kinds of things that go into your mental tool drawer. A few weeks later, you're the targeted facebook ads guy, and they're calling you instead of the other way around. At least, it can work out that way, if you're in the right environment for that sort of thing.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
I can second this idea. When you're selling a service, being in a room full of business people who ask "so what do you do" is nice. You have an easy reply like "I help people sell more of their product using targeted facebook ads." Then you can talk to them about their business, nd find out all kinds of things that go into your mental tool drawer. A few weeks later, you're the targeted facebook ads guy, and they're calling you instead of the other way around. At least, it can work out that way, if you're in the right environment for that sort of thing.

Exactly. You can spend an hour and analyze their social media presence and make some notes of how you can improve it and why should they want to improve it. You can present this to them when you meet. Its so much more personal and they can immediately see that you're serious and you've done your homework.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I have an Ads Agency.

You should target one niche only. Download the clients from D7 Leadfinder.

Get some free email accounts from outlook/yahoo etc and warm them up for a few days before sending in bulk. Then depending on the size of your niche you need to be sending 150-200 emails a day.

Also connect with 80-100 people a day on linkedin in your niche. Send out 50 messages on facebook messenger.

And do this every single day.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
I have an Ads Agency.

Get some free email accounts from outlook/yahoo etc and warm them up for a few days before sending in bulk. Then depending on the size of your niche you need to be sending 150-200 emails a day.

Also connect with 80-100 people a day on linkedin in your niche. Send out 50 messages on facebook messenger.

This sounds like advice from a true practitioner!

VDP

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 11, 2019

'We help restaurants acquiring guests on autopilot through Facebook Ads.'

Thanks for all the tips!

I have an Ads Agency.

Ok. This post really shows what I should do. I am focussing on restaurants right now. Thank you for that. I do very little outreach some days and call it 'progress' (just adding people on linkedin for example) but, I need to get those numbers up! Thank you for this needed it. Was slacking a bit already..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.