The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

£2017 for 2017 Pay The Bills Through Lead Generation

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
I've been putting this off for a while but now's the time to make it happen.

My bills are currently paid via my main business but I want to use that money to fund growth so I thought that I'd set myself a challenge to pay my current bills monthly via regular income from websites, that way I can use my main company money to employ a sales person or more advertising etc.

Luckily my bills are (currently!) quite low so £2017 / mo before tax will cover it with a few pounds left over.

What's the worst that could happen? If I actually succeed in this, then there's no reason why you won't either! If I fail, then hopefully we'll all learn why!

Why

I have experience in this industry as it's where I spent 12 years in a slowlane job. So I understand it well.

There are plenty of people offering ads for the services and locations I'm going to target but as @andyblack says, competition is not unbeatable. Most of the ads are just your typical ad agency running some ads for a local tradesman/company without too much thought.

It will mostly be +service +location and I'll go relatively specific on the services. Landing page will be specific to the service and hopefully of good quality.

As each site will be rented to a particular company I can show their logo, details and accreditations to add trust. The telephone numbers will be a local re-direct number so I can track phone calls.

How

Lead generation via websites rented to a customer for a set monthly fee. (With options for increased PPC spend)

HTML Landing pages (£5 ish /mo hosting)
Voipfone for re-direct numbers (£2 /mo)
Brightbooks for invoices/accounts (free)
Personal bank account (self-employed, no LTD company required)
No business cards or other time wasting things required!

That's the actual sites, when they're built and working then I'll be calling businesses who would benefit from the leads and hoping for the best selling them on the benefits! I'm not good at sales calls, another reason why I want to do this. If I don't make any money I will at least learn things that can be applied to my main business and will also help me tackle fears in selling, cold calling etc.

When

I'd like to achieve this by the end of 2017, hence the title. That gives me next calendar year to really invest hard in my core business as I won't need to get paid.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Site 1

In progress, I've already made a call to someone I used to know in the industry and they've pretty much said yes already! I need to get the site completed and live ASAP. This will be approx £500 /mo

I'm unsure how much PPC budget I should allow so I'll start with £100 / mo and see what happens. This guy appreciates online lead generation and wants more work so he's keen albeit a bit apprehensive. I need to show some results and then the sky's the limit here I think. I know the company is cash rich and doing okay so they are an ideal client.

Site is approx 50% complete.

Site 2

In progress, I've spoken to the sales manager at another company I used to know. They are keen and have told me it'd be worth about £800-£1000 / mo to them. I find it interesting that they're setting the pricing, he's a very good sales man so I guess he's very interested but wants to pay what he wants for it. To be fair, that's perfect for me.

Site is approx 50% complete.

Site 3

Business from site 1 has interest in this, but this might pan out to be a partnership rather than a rented site as it's in a field I have the expertise in, they have the means.

Watch this space.

Site is approx 20% complete.

PurpleMonkey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Aug 17, 2016
I like the goal, good luck.

To confirm the mechanics, you are putting together a website which will mimic a local service business. Then get traffic from AdWords and sell then lead to your contact in the industry?

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Fantastic thread! I've got the same goal - got started a few weeks ago when I landed my first client for $300, and took my profits to join the INSIDERS!

I'm really interested to watch this thread grow and see how this grows!

I'm having the hardest time right now getting clicks. I either keep running into "Low Search Volume" errors, or insanely high front-page bid prices ($14.80 per click for +sherman +electrician! Unbelievable!)

Buona fortuna!

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
I like the goal, good luck.

To confirm the mechanics, you are putting together a website which will mimic a local service business. Then get traffic from AdWords and sell then lead to your contact in the industry?

In short, yes. However my aim is to rent the site out for a monthly fee. I know per lead could potentially be more lucrative if the site performs well but renting it is easier, unless anyone has a better way of doing this?

I bought a HTML landing page template.

Benchmark - Multipurpose Landing Page Template

Then edited it to suit my requirements. It's not heavy changes, just enough to give the user the right information on the service they are looking for. The mini-sites are all 2-3 pages at most, including a contact page and telephone number. Everything the user needs is on each page including relevant CTA. The landing pages answer all the questions a customer needs answering when looking for the service. All sites follow the same format so in theory I can keep creating sites targeting different services relatively easily.

My next job after finishing the sites is to learn how to host multiple HTML sites from one hosting package, I'm guessing it involves sub-folders and some trickery in the .htaccess file!

Traffic will be from PPC and long term SEO. I'm confident there is enough search traffic within 100 mile radius of my area to provide traffic in this field and likewise I think I can get the site to rank well relatively quickly.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
In short, yes. However my aim is to rent the site out for a monthly fee. I know per lead could potentially be more lucrative if the site performs well but renting it is easier, unless anyone has a better way of doing this?

I bought a HTML landing page template.

Benchmark - Multipurpose Landing Page Template

Then edited it to suit my requirements. It's not heavy changes, just enough to give the user the right information on the service they are looking for. The mini-sites are all 2-3 pages at most, including a contact page and telephone number. Everything the user needs is on each page including relevant CTA. The landing pages answer all the questions a customer needs answering when looking for the service. All sites follow the same format so in theory I can keep creating sites targeting different services relatively easily.

My next job after finishing the sites is to learn how to host multiple HTML sites from one hosting package, I'm guessing it involves sub-folders and some trickery in the .htaccess file!

Traffic will be from PPC and long term SEO. I'm confident there is enough search traffic within 100 mile radius of my area to provide traffic in this field and likewise I think I can get the site to rank well relatively quickly.
I see how hosting multiple sites off the same package could be confusing - I'm a bit lost there myself!

Where do you host with - Wordpress?

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
I see how hosting multiple sites off the same package could be confusing - I'm a bit lost there myself!

Where do you host with - Wordpress?

The sites are HTML, I'm not using Wordpress as I don't think it's necessary for this.

I use a generic shared hosting provider.

It appears pretty easy with GoDaddy so I might create an account there for this one.

Hosting Multiple Websites on Your Hosting Account | GoDaddy Help BE

edit

I use TSO Host and have found it's possible here, it seems pretty standard across all providers to be honest..

How do I add extra domains to my cPanel hosting?

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.