The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
My advice? What is my advice? I don’t believe I offered any advice. I advocate being able to wear a suit well for occasions that benefit from being well dressed. Wow, so triggering.

This guy, in a very public event, decided to wear a stained shirt and pajama pants. Screw that. To me, it’s over. I don’t care what he did, does, or will do, to me he’s a f*cking dumbass and made no effort to be professional or attract me to his project.

If he was street smart he would know the vast majority of world’s money is in the hands of people who don’t understand or support dressing like that.

You know what that says to me? He actually has a more selfish priority than a “bigger than him” “why.” Why do I say that? Because he’s literally paying the piper to dress like that, but not with his money, but the project’s continued and increased success… His investor’s success. I’m sorry, f*ck that. I’m not going to pay someone to dress like that so he can be a “billionaire that doesn’t give a shit.”

This can’t be a turn off to only me. I’m not going to give that man child my money if I’m one of the ton of slowlane wealthy boomers worth 5-10 million.

Notice I’m not putting Steve Jobs on trial for wearing a turtle neck his entire career. Notice I’m not putting Elon on trial, whom you almost never see in a suit and also says shit that gets him in trouble frequently. Both of these men could read a room. Your hero here can’t.

So, spare me your shaming next time. I have a valid point in the actual, real, world. Not the internet world where everything, as I said in my last point, is flipped on its head.
Jokes aside, the guy is autistic. Most of what you have said would be true for a neurotypical person, but as someone who spends a lot of time around autistic teenagers, I can say that your "rule book" for social success does not naturally align with the mindsets of many autistic people. They simply do not have the same way of seeing the world that you do, nor the same core motivations or desires. They may end up reaching the same goals, but they might not follow the same path to get there.

This guy probably dresses like this because he likes those clothes or wears them every day.

My brother recently got into an online game where the top player in the world is an autistic Swede who plays 17 hours a day, goes outside 5 minutes a week, and eats lasagna and bread for every meal of every day. He is fully aware that other foods exist, he just has said himself that he does not care because lasagna is his favorite food and all other foods (including steaks haha) are objectively inferior to lasagna. No one is going to change his mind and I kind of doubt anyone will change this guy's mind either

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Is it just me or are thier money grabbing with fees just getting worse and worse?

It used to be instant bank transfer and now they want 1% for instant transfer or you gotta wait 5 days.

They added fees to pay friends and family.

Exchange rates are heinous.

And I used to have an agreement with them that they gave me because I was so trusted that they’d let me keep the money while any chargebacks were investigated. And now they’re back to freezing it.

Oh and they froze my account the other month for weeks asking for an updated address or something when I’ve had the account like 4-5 years.

Elons book talks about his vision for PayPal and he had a much better idea than the greedy grubs running it now.
If you’re B2C then I it’s likely a hard decision to remove PayPal as a payment option. My clients and students should already have a credit card so I think I’m fine just using Stripe.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
If you’re B2C then I it’s likely a hard decision to remove PayPal as a payment option. My clients and students should already have a credit card so I think I’m fine just using Stripe.
Unfortunately you are correct. The sales I would lose compared to the fees and headaches of dealing with them mean it’s just something I have to put up with.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What is my advice? I advocate being able to wear a suit, well, for occasions that benefit from being well dressed. Wow, so triggering. If you think my advice is to look like a “sleazy banker” everywhere you go, you haven’t listened to a word.

This guy, in a very public event, decided to wear a stained shirt and pajama pants. To me, it’s over. I don’t care what he did, does, or will do, to me, he’s a dumbass manchild and made no effort to be professional or attract me to his project.

If he was street smart, he would know the vast majority of world’s money is in the hands of people who don’t understand or support dressing like that.

You know what that says to me? He actually has a more selfish priority than a “bigger than him” “why.” Why do I say that? Because he’s literally paying the piper to dress like that, but not with his money, but the project’s continued and increased success… His investors’ success. Ironically, someone like this cares more about how they look, than their project. I’m sorry, I’m not going to pay someone to dress like that so he can be the “billionaire that doesn’t give a shit.”

Notice, I’m not putting Steve Jobs on trial for wearing a turtle neck his entire career. Notice I’m not putting Elon on trial, whom you almost never see in a suit and also says shit that gets him in trouble frequently. Both of these men could/can read a room. Your hero here can’t.

So, spare me your shaming next time. I have a valid point in the actual, real, world. Not the internet world where everything, as I said in my last point, is flipped on its head.

I understand your point, but you're thinking apples v apples. Pajama crypto guy is an orange. He's a Nikola Tesla for this era, who if you remember, had similar eccentricities and was considered a crazy loon by most. The autism really explains a lot as well which tends to include behavior that violate social norms.

This morning I've officially deleted my PayPal business account. I will no longer do business with PayPal in any way shape or form.

What was the break point? Did you share this already here somewhere?

But thanks for the colourful reply "He'd look like your typical sleazy bankster in an expensive suit who gives you a wide smile with his pearly whites while f*cking you in the a$$ with an iron poker while you aren't looking."

Yes, @MTF, very vivid and colorful. Writing is your superpower.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
What was the break point? Did you share this already here somewhere?

Yes, in this thread:

I only intended to post about my previous bad experiences with PayPal, but they gave me new bad experiences within minutes after I made my post.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I remember seeing this last year. What an a**hole friend turning himself into a human missile and heading in the direction of the group.

yeah the dude who did that deserves a good a$$ kicking

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Took my first freelance payment through Bonsai CRM today. It's still a third-party system, but it's not PayPal. That was $500, and the fees are basically the same... so today PayPal lost $16.55 from me. Hope those collection threats and the $15 dispute charge were worth it.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
Jokes aside, the guy is autistic. Most of what you have said would be true for a neurotypical person, but as someone who spends a lot of time around autistic teenagers, I can say that your "rule book" for social success does not naturally align with the mindsets of many autistic people. They simply do not have the same way of seeing the world that you do, nor the same core motivations or desires. They may end up reaching the same goals, but they might not follow the same path to get there.

This guy probably dresses like this because he likes those clothes or wears them every day.

My brother recently got into an online game where the top player in the world is an autistic Swede who plays 17 hours a day, goes outside 5 minutes a week, and eats lasagna and bread for every meal of every day. He is fully aware that other foods exist, he just has said himself that he does not care because lasagna is his favorite food and all other foods (including steaks haha) are objectively inferior to lasagna. No one is going to change his mind and I kind of doubt anyone will change this guy's mind either
My oldest is a 10 year old boy who is growing up in the suburbs, his world is drastically different than mine, the US as you know it is gone for this newer generation and frankly it's one of the few things that give me hope.

I am 35 years old, grew up on a rural farm doing hard work every summer since about 14 years old. My family was also very financially strapped, so we were always working and struggling but it was honest work and my parents who spoke no English and had no connections managed to by a 3 bedroom mobile home and then eventually the land it was on, they still own it to this day. I mention this to say I appreciate hard work and when it all comes crashing down it will back to hard work yet again. That world was a very straightforward world and I miss it sometimes, especially when I gotta deal with straight up immoral scammers operating "legally" such as insurance/doctors/teachers/cops all hiding behind "we are just following the rules".

But right now in 2022 I would trust this skinny guy in his stained PJs any day over some financial advisor pitching stocks/mutual funds/bonds/etc. Any appeal to authority whether via a suit/badge/doctor/teacher/cop/credentials/etc. automatically comes under heavy bullshit scrutiny no matter who they are from me these days. A homeless guy walking up to me or straight up asking for money is a lot more trustworthy than any of these credentialed minions, at least he is honest.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

“I bargained with Life for a penny,
and Life would pay no more,
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty store;

Life is a just employer.
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why, you must bear the task.

I worked for a menial's hire,
Only to learn, dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of Life,
Life would have willingly paid”

― Jessie B. Rittenhouse

G

Guest-5ty5s4

He's a Nikola Tesla for this era, who if you remember, had similar eccentricities and was considered a crazy loon by most.
side note, but I find Howard Hughes super fascinating, he's like Nikola Tesla but for the mechanical side rather than electrical. Was also a prolific real estate investor and went big into film and entertainment... lived about as Unscripted as it gets. Also as weird as possible!

(of course, his inventions were nowhere near Tesla!)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I like Vitalik. I love that he dresses as he likes it and gives ( and can give) a shit about what people think about it.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
For just $35 this suicidal dinosaur can be yours! :rofl:

Dinosaur.PNG

Or am I rushing to conclusions? Maybe he's just into breath play.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
If you ever wonder why people in the government & media say what they say, it's because they hate you and want you to suffer.

Flip Hanlon's razor with these people - it's not incompetence*, but malice that drives these people. The last few years have been a controlled demolish.

*Admittedly a lot of them are stupid, but malice is the dominant factor in their decisions.

1648382268738.png

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Saw this day one. Or for the self-driving feature to "malfunction" in the cars of political opponents and drive itself on to train tracks.

"All software has bugs"

I'll be burning fossil fuels until as long as humanly possible

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Saw this day one. Or for the self-driving feature to "malfunction" in the cars of political opponents and drive itself on to train tracks.

"All software has bugs"

I think we talked on this thread about it. It’s not just EV, most new cars start getting more and more self driving, and 100% remote start tech. You can use your phone to park your BMW 7, or pull it out before hopping in.

If you can control your car like that, someone else can too. It’s a little scary. I drive a Range Rover and love the technology, but the skeptic in me wants an old analogue car to also be parked at my house :).

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I think we talked on this thread about it. It’s not just EV, most new cars start getting more and more self driving, and 100% remote start tech. You can use your phone to park your BMW 7, or pull it out before hopping in.

If you can control your car like that, someone else can too. It’s a little scary. I drive a Range Rover and love the technology, but the skeptic in me wants an old analogue car to also be parked at my house :).
Yup and it’s my opinion that this is partly driving up the price of used vehicles. Why else would people be paying more for an outdated vehicle over a brand new one in some instances?

There are features on new cars that many folks, myself include, honestly just don’t want.

That’s the market feedback we talk about here.

I don’t want a vehicle that turns itself off when I sit idle at a stop light for too long. Maybe somebody else does.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Yup and it’s my opinion that this is partly driving up the price of used vehicles. Why else would people be paying more for an outdated vehicle over a brand new one in some instances?
To be fair, supply chain issues caused a lot of chips for cars to be an issue. This means you cannot get a new car even if it's "cheaper" than a used one (I am sure its only low mileage).

I've also seen dealers up the prices from MSRP to add the premium for new vehicles. Again, it's mostly supply/demand. No supply + cheap debt = price goes up for used.
There are features on new cars that many folks, myself include, honestly just don’t want.
I wonder if there is a business opportunity here. For older folks here who remember the days of installing a speaker and tape/CD player systems into your cars! Remember going to a shop to rip out OEM audio and then have a Pioneer or Panasonic installed? Well, today it may go the reverse!

For example, I know that there are devices that allow me to connect to my car's computer and program things. I void the warranty by doing that, but I can increase horsepower, I can change how my blinkers work etc. Cars are now just giant computers. This means someone could feasibly edit the code and make it inaccessible from remote log-in and disable functions you don't like.

I also think there is a huge business opportunity for installing the tech that makes cars self driving. 99% of the population will not be as paranoid as I am about someone driving my car remotely! There may be a market to convert cheaply cars that don't have the tech with minimum additions of sensors.

I don’t want a vehicle that turns itself off when I sit idle at a stop light for too long. Maybe somebody else does.

My car does that but I have a button that can disable the auto stop. This is designed for better fuel efficiency. I don't mind it at all.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA

I agree, I don't want the car turning itself off. It sounds like just another thing to break that will need repairs.

The car dealer laughed at me when I asked for a car with roll-down windows (this was about 10 years ago).

I don't want all the extra features that cost more - it's just more stuff that can go wrong.

Also, for a new car in MA, you will pay almost an extra 10% on top of sale price (sales tax plus excise tax). Sounds crazy, but you might pay less (net of taxes) by paying a higher sale price for a used car. Hooray for Gov't messing up the market!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
A friend is in emergencs service of a big car factory.
Its funny to herar the stories. From online opening anywhere in the outback to recordings of cameras, which replace mirrors to scanning and tracking the drive lines.
Sometimes shocking.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Most new cars here have a 6-12 month wait, and the prices on them are going up daily.

It’s nice to think that there’s some other reason that prices are going up on used cars but I’d say it’s 80% this massive delay and shortage of new vehicles, and 20% people having insane amounts of extra cash from inflation and not travelling or doing anything for 2 years.

I test drove a few new cars before choosing mine, I chose the amarok which I think they’re still selling the same model from 2011. It had the oldest outdated electronics in it and that was a huge selling point for me.

The lane assist in the ford ranger scared me, having the car try to take over when I was trying to change lanes was a frightening experience and if you want to turn it off you have to do it every time you start the car.

Oh and you’re right about getting into the computer @Antifragile, I had mine tuned and it made a huge improvement. New cars have to comply with emission standards so they limit their power and I think (according to the people who sell tunes), you even get better fuel efficiency with it tuned.

Last edited:

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
I also think there is a huge business opportunity for installing the tech that makes cars self driving. 99% of the population will not be as paranoid as I am about someone driving my car remotely! There may be a market to convert cheaply cars that don't have the tech with minimum additions of sensors.
George Hotz has been doing this since 2016 with Comma AI.

I haven't looked into it in a while but I think you can make some cars after 2015 self driving for like $2k.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

"All software has bugs"

Then we have to go back to siding with the oil barons then.

Warren Buffett still clutching onto his Occidental and Chevron.

...or even track where ANYONE is going to in those vehicles.

Can be helpful for tracking criminals...but what KIND of criminals???

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I agree, I don't want the car turning itself off. It sounds like just another thing to break that will need repairs.

The car dealer laughed at me when I asked for a car with roll-down windows (this was about 10 years ago).

I don't want all the extra features that cost more - it's just more stuff that can go wrong.

Also, for a new car in MA, you will pay almost an extra 10% on top of sale price (sales tax plus excise tax). Sounds crazy, but you might pay less (net of taxes) by paying a higher sale price for a used car. Hooray for Gov't messing up the market!
Yup. A lot of the undesirable features are mandated by the government in the name of the environment or your safety.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
This seems simple and informative:

"Receiving 2 or 3 doses of an mRNA C0VlD-19 vaccine was associated with a 90% reduction in risk for C0VlD-19–associated IMV or death. Protection of 3 mRNA vaccine doses during the period of Omicron predominance was 94%."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.