The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I think Kaks about to discover his worst nightmare is in that book.

We will all own nothing, not even books, and therefore be forced to use library’s.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
If you don't buy that book how else is big daddy Klaus supposed to mentor his star pupil Justin Trudeau???? The three most powerful political players in Canada are all huge Klaus bed buddies. It makes me so proud to be Canadian

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Currently very sick. Condition I’ve dealt with for 6 years. Take care of your health when you can so that when you can’t you have a strong base to fall back on.

Remember how lucky you are, you have tremendous opportunity
I’m hoping you feel better quickly!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'm looking forward to the book report. I don't really want to send them any money.

You know, that's one of the beautiful things about the library system.
Libraries are the worlds leading superspreader of deadly meningitis.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I’m hoping you feel better quickly!
thank you. For anyone wondering, I have a type of neuro condition that makes me very nauseous and dizzy. Had surgery before, made me feel a lot better, but symptoms came back.

It's one of those things where you forget how great it is when you don't have that feeling. I imagine if you don't have those feelings, you have a lot of energy all day to go places, work hard, and do a lot of things! Use it!

(and to have fun)

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

This is an amazing news that I saw (sorry is in spanish but you can use the translator).

In a nutshell, this girl was diagnosed with cancer, did all the conventional treatment and was doing very bad, she was in the way of diying, because of the pandemic she couldn't access conventional drugs so they had to try something different. This is when the amazing thing happens, she made an oxygen therapy with an "hyperbaric chamber". One year later she has cancer under control and she just won a swimming competition in open waters and is all over the news.
To me this is specially amazing because it shows the same concept that the people who advocate for Chlorine Dioxide talk about, that increasing the oxygen bio available in the body can have amazing, almost miracle healing effects, in this case even curing cancer.

Hope you get well soon thechosen1 , maybe look for some oxygen therapy since it can really help !

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Canada is really showing its tryant colors:

Starting on April 4, Coinbase will introduce some changes required by Canadian regulations. Specifically, when you send crypto to another financial entity or money services business (such as another cryptocurrency exchange), and the transaction is 1000 CAD or more, we are legally required to ask you for information about the recipient of that transaction – their name and address.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Sunrise after 8:30-9 am in many parts of the US... This will suck for many people.

Do you guys prefer sunrise to be earlier or sunset to be later? As an early riser, I prefer sun to be up early so I can wake up naturally more easily. I once lived in Spain with sunrise around 8:15-8:30 am in the winter and it was super tough to get up early as it felt like waking up in the middle of the night.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you guys prefer sunrise to be earlier or sunset to be later?

Earlier sunrise as it promotes earlier wake ups. I hate getting up when it is dark. What's worse is my house has a huge mountain to the east which would mean the sun would finally peak over its top around 10 AM, perhaps later.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Canada is really showing its tryant colors:

This is crazy and another reason for wallets (mostly hardware wallets) as opposed working off of a centralized exchange for a decentralized tech! It seems so obvious...

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Sunrise after 8:30-9 am in many parts of the US... This will suck for many people.

Do you guys prefer sunrise to be earlier or sunset to be later? As an early riser, I prefer sun to be up early so I can wake up naturally more easily. I once lived in Spain with sunrise around 8:15-8:30 am in the winter and it was super tough to get up early as it felt like waking up in the middle of the night.
Early light is better! Winters in Canada are so hard because the sun rise is so damn late. It is way easier to wake up and be productive with the sunlight.

The idiots in clown country Canada are giving us the choice of switching the clocks twice a year, or permanent DST. Why not offer a vote on permanent normal time? I don't even know what it's called, but I would take an hour of morning sun over an hour of evening sun any day.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I think crypto community needs a better dressed genius leading the way...
just saying, yes the guy is a billionaire in his 20s, he did some epic shit.
Yes he doesn't give a damn what he looks like.

But.... this is just hard to un-see!

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 10.21.42 AM.png

Dress in ANYTHING is better than the damn pyjamas, and hit a gym for F*ck sake. OMG.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

View attachment 42744

Dress in ANYTHING is better than the damn pyjamas, and hit a gym for f*ck sake. OMG.

It's pretty sad and embarassing, but eccentricity in the crypto space is sort of expected. Even his shirt is stained.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Currently very sick. Condition I’ve dealt with for 6 years. Take care of your health when you can so that when you can’t you have a strong base to fall back on.

Remember how lucky you are, you have tremendous opportunity
Get well soon brother, sending you my prayers! Your message is very inspiring and truthful :fistbump:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

View attachment 42744

Dress in ANYTHING is better than the damn pyjamas, and hit a gym for f*ck sake. OMG.
I’m not interested in anything he’s selling or saying.

@MJ DeMarco just mentioned eccentricity… I’m honestly convinced that dressing nice, being professional, combing your hair, refraining from tattoos and piercings, perhaps even being clean shaven is now eccentric. When 90% of men have beards now, to try to be “manly,” there is nothing really edgy or rebel about it.

It’s like I’ve entered an alternative universe where raising a family, being married, going to church, and being an upstanding, productive, and competent adult is somehow rebellious and counterculture…

… But none of these self proclaimed rebels think so which is just funny.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

@MJ DeMarco just mentioned eccentricity… I’m honestly convinced that dressing nice, being professional, combing your hair, refraining from tattoos and piercings, perhaps even being clean shaven is now eccentric. When 90% of men have beards now, to try to be “manly,” there is nothing really edgy or rebel about it.

It’s like I’ve entered an alternative universe where raising a family, being married, going to church, and being an upstanding, productive, and competent adult is somehow rebellious and counterculture…

Welcome to the Kali Yuga - horrifically unhealthy behavior is venerated and healthy behavior is excoriated.

"The invalids are the great danger to humanity. Not the evil men, not the predatory animals, those people who are from the outset failures, oppressed, broken; they are the ones, the weakest, who most undermine life among human beings, who in the most perilous way poison and question our trust in life, in humanity, in ourselves." - Nietzsche

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Welcome to the Kali Yuga - horrifically unhealthy behavior is venerated and healthy behavior is excoriated.

"The invalids are the great danger to humanity. Not the evil men, not the predatory animals, those people who are from the outset failures, oppressed, broken; they are the ones, the weakest, who most undermine life among human beings, who in the most perilous way poison and question our trust in life, in humanity, in ourselves." - Nietzsche
I don’t know what the hell 3/4 of this shit means, but I liked it anyway. :rofl:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
On the topic of shaving:

I found an ancient safety razor around the house. It has to be ~50 years old, as it's from when my mom worked as a hairdresser in her 20s.

I bought 100 blades for €10 (these) and it was love at first shave. I'm back to my beloved baby face :rofl:

I own an electric razor too and there's an abyss in shaving quality, but it's still nice for keeping body hair in check.

If you're still using disposable razors I feel sorry for you. I'm a safety razor apologist now. They're cheaper and offer better quality shaving. They are better for the environment too as you aren't wasting tons of plastic with disposable razors.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
What's worse is my house has a huge mountain to the east which would mean the sun would finally peak over its top around 10 AM, perhaps later.

That sucks. I spent some time in houses bordering mountains (for example in Andorra) and it was strange and tiring to wait so long for the sunrise. There are some regions in Andorra where they get almost zero sunlight in the winter because it never goes over the peak of the mountains. It's brutally cold there.

The idiots in clown country Canada are giving us the choice of switching the clocks twice a year, or permanent DST. Why not offer a vote on permanent normal time? I don't even know what it's called, but I would take an hour of morning sun over an hour of evening sun any day.

The problem is that winter time IS normal natural time (or at least it is in Europe). So given a choice between switching the clocks or having permanent winter time, I'd rather keep switching the clocks.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

That's the thing. He's a genius. In his domains, he's by far the smartest guy on the planet. The mind of such a guy doesn't bother wasting its energy on picking the right clothes.

Also, he's on the autistic spectrum which is very clear to see when you watch a couple of videos with him and pay attention to his behavior. As smart as he is, he struggles with social norms and dressing well is one of those things.

I doubt that going to the gym is anywhere in his priorities. Which is both understandable and a shame. It's understandable because he wants to spend 100% of his time doing what he does best. It's a shame because without taking care of his body, his mind may eventually stop working so well or he'll live a shorter life.

It's pretty sad and embarassing, but eccentricity in the crypto space is sort of expected. Even his shirt is stained.

This is what makes him who he is. Many people who invest in crypto (and most certainly first movers) are rebels and nerds. They can relate to him because he's weird and awkward just like they are (though like I mentioned in my response to @Antifragile, he's not actually deliberately like this). He would have never become such an icon if he dressed well and was handsome and jacked up.

Also, again, I'm not sure if the words "sad" and "embarrassing" are the right choices for a guy who's gifted with incredibly high IQ but who was born without much social intelligence through no fault of his own.

The guy is the driving force behind one of the biggest trends in the last few decades. He's also a billionaire and he's just 28 now. He launched Ethereum when he was freaking 20 - what are most men doing at 20 years of age? Not listening to him because you don't like the way he dresses or looks isn't smart.

If he followed your advice, he'd become everything the crypto community hates. He'd look like your typical sleazy bankster in an expensive suit who gives you a wide smile with his pearly whites while F*cking you in the a$$ with an iron poker while you aren't looking.

I'm not such a nerd as he is but I have deep, deep respect for the guy because he excels at what he does like very few people on the planet. He's FAR, FAR away from what you think he is and your judgment comes only from the way he looks.

I'm calling you out on this because I know that deep down your values are different than what you demonstrated with this judgment of his.

The guy is different, yes. He doesn't wear suits, yes. He doesn't look like a stereotypical man, yes.

Still, he's a freaking genius whose mind is 1000x more capable than our minds. He's the epitome of thinking BIG, literally.

I encourage everyone to read this article from 2016 (so this was largely in a pre-mainstream-crypto world):

For example, this stuff:
I’ve been told by various people that Buterin learned to speak fluent Mandarin in just a few months, that he’s an autistic wunderkind, that all of his worldly possessions fit into one suitcase, that he once ate an entire lemon without removing the rind, that he’s an android powered by the Ethereum network.

Even those who have worked closely with Buterin seem mystified by him, as though this person is meant to be observed but not really understood.

“I saw him on the commuter train and he was wearing mismatched Hello Kitty socks,” Michael Perklin, the head of security at the Canadian blockchain consulting firm Ledger Labs, who has known Buterin since 2012, told me. “And this is the person building the infrastructure that is challenging the power structures of the most important financial institutions out there.”

Like it or not, people like him will rule the world in the next few decades. I, for one, vastly prefer him over sleazy banksters and politicians. He got to where he is not through slick talking and the right clothes but through his incredible intelligence and hard work.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
This morning I've officially deleted my PayPal business account. I will no longer do business with PayPal in any way shape or form.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
514%
Jul 9, 2018
He'd look like your typical sleazy bankster in an expensive suit who gives you a wide smile with his pearly whites while f*cking you in the a$$ with an iron poker while you aren't looking.

Do you guys remember the famous Steve Job's quote?

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the one's who do.

Well, Vitalik is that type. Genius, misfit and crazy.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I don’t know what the hell 3/4 of this shit means, but I liked it anyway. :rofl:

Kali Yuga = Hindu Dark Age

The Nietzsche quote was about how it's the losers who drag society down by demanding that everyone else be as pathetic as them.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
That's the thing. He's a genius. In his domains, he's by far the smartest guy on the planet. The mind of such a guy doesn't bother wasting its energy on picking the right clothes.

Also, he's on the autistic spectrum which is very clear to see when you watch a couple of videos with him and pay attention to his behavior. As smart as he is, he struggles with social norms and dressing well is one of those things.

I doubt that going to the gym is anywhere in his priorities. Which is both understandable and a shame. It's understandable because he wants to spend 100% of his time doing what he does best. It's a shame because without taking care of his body, his mind may eventually stop working so well or he'll live a shorter life.

This is what makes him who he is. Many people who invest in crypto (and most certainly first movers) are rebels and nerds. They can relate to him because he's weird and awkward just like they are (though like I mentioned in my response to @Antifragile, he's not actually deliberately like this). He would have never become such an icon if he dressed well and was handsome and jacked up.

Also, again, I'm not sure if the words "sad" and "embarrassing" are the right choices for a guy who's gifted with incredibly high IQ but who was born without much social intelligence through no fault of his own.

The guy is the driving force behind one of the biggest trends in the last few decades. He's also a billionaire and he's just 28 now. He launched Ethereum when he was freaking 20 - what are most men doing at 20 years of age? Not listening to him because you don't like the way he dresses or looks isn't smart.

If he followed your advice, he'd become everything the crypto community hates. He'd look like your typical sleazy bankster in an expensive suit who gives you a wide smile with his pearly whites while f*cking you in the a$$ with an iron poker while you aren't looking.

I'm not such a nerd as he is but I have deep, deep respect for the guy because he excels at what he does like very few people on the planet. He's FAR, FAR away from what you think he is and your judgment comes only from the way he looks.

I'm calling you out on this because I know that deep down your values are different than what you demonstrated with this judgment of his.

The guy is different, yes. He doesn't wear suits, yes. He doesn't look like a stereotypical man, yes.

Still, he's a freaking genius whose mind is 1000x more capable than our minds. He's the epitome of thinking BIG, literally.

I encourage everyone to read this article from 2016 (so this was largely in a pre-mainstream-crypto world):

For example, this stuff:

Like it or not, people like him will rule the world in the next few decades. I, for one, vastly prefer him over sleazy banksters and politicians. He got to where he is not through slick talking and the right clothes but through his incredible intelligence and hard work.

I was just ranting @MTF Having spent as much time as I did on understanding blockchain world, I totally get who he is and what he is. ;)

But thanks for the colourful reply "He'd look like your typical sleazy bankster in an expensive suit who gives you a wide smile with his pearly whites while f*cking you in the a$$ with an iron poker while you aren't looking."

Holy shit you know you way with words to paint a picture. :rofl:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This morning I've officially deleted my PayPal business account. I will no longer do business with PayPal in any way shape or form.
I may remove PayPal as a payment option from my site after reading of your issues. I’ve only experienced a little of your frustration and would like to keep it that way.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I may remove PayPal as a payment option from my site after reading of your issues. I’ve only experienced a little of your frustration and would like to keep it that way.
Is it just me or are thier money grabbing with fees just getting worse and worse?

It used to be instant bank transfer and now they want 1% for instant transfer or you gotta wait 5 days.

They added fees to pay friends and family.

Exchange rates are heinous.

And I used to have an agreement with them that they gave me because I was so trusted that they’d let me keep the money while any chargebacks were investigated. And now they’re back to freezing it.

Oh and they froze my account the other month for weeks asking for an updated address or something when I’ve had the account like 4-5 years.

Elons book talks about his vision for PayPal and he had a much better idea than the greedy grubs running it now.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

If he followed your advice, he'd become everything the crypto community hates. He'd look like your typical sleazy bankster in an expensive suit who gives you a wide smile with his pearly whites while f*cking you in the a$$ with an iron poker while you aren't looking.

What is my advice? I advocate being able to wear a suit, well, for occasions that benefit from being well dressed. Wow, so triggering. If you think my advice is to look like a “sleazy banker” everywhere you go, you haven’t listened to a word.

This guy, in a very public event, decided to wear a stained shirt and pajama pants. To me, it’s over. I don’t care what he did, does, or will do, to me, he’s a dumbass manchild and made no effort to be professional or attract me to his project.

If he was street smart, he would know the vast majority of world’s money is in the hands of people who don’t understand or support dressing like that.

You know what that says to me? He actually has a more selfish priority than a “bigger than him” “why.” Why do I say that? Because he’s literally paying the piper to dress like that, but not with his money, but the project’s continued and increased success… His investors’ success. Ironically, someone like this cares more about how they look, than their project. I’m sorry, I’m not going to pay someone to dress like that so he can be the “billionaire that doesn’t give a shit.”

Notice, I’m not putting Steve Jobs on trial for wearing a turtle neck his entire career. Notice I’m not putting Elon on trial, whom you almost never see in a suit and also says shit that gets him in trouble frequently. Both of these men could/can read a room. Your hero here can’t.

So, spare me your shaming next time. I have a valid point in the actual, real, world. Not the internet world where everything, as I said in my last point, is flipped on its head.

Last edited:

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
#redpilled
CE041524-0A8E-4938-9581-D455741B7F69.jpeg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!