The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I get business Ideas

Idea threads

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 21, 2022
Do you guys have any tips on how to find business ideas. I've read ideas come from "I hate...", "I love..." and others but it doesn't really work for me. Are there any books I can read on this problem?

Please comment your thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Beijing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 8, 2017
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
You don't need to come up with an idea. Just find a medium-sized business that has already burned through a ton of investor funds figuring out what product their customers want and how to market to them and create a freemium version of their product/service.

While they to contend with the handcuffs of their investors expecting a certain level of profit, you'll be free to offer better service, a lower price, and better value.

Your product/service doesn't even need to be as good as the company you are emulating, because if it costs 10% of what the other one does, it doesn't need to have all the features.

If you really can't think of a better business idea, spend $4000 paying some freelancers to create a large collection of PPT template slides and sell them for $20 a pop. You'll only need 200 sales to cover your initial investment. Go to Pixabay.com and choose a bunch of the public domain images there to flesh out your product and your valuable proposition will be rock solid. $20 is an impulse buy. Leverage that.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Pick a market that spends money.

What do they spend money on? Make it better

What problems do they have? Solve them

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Pick a market that spends money.

What do they spend money on? Make it better

What problems do they have? Solve them
Yeah, that's pretty much it. That is the way I think about my e-commerce business ideas - when I am looking to build a new store or a business I usually pick a market/niche that is big enough, a bit more "emotional" when making buying decisions and just look for some products that are not in my region as much or think of some ways to improve or add something.

D

DeletedUser84644

See if this thread can help answer that question for you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.