The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post all of your ideas and random problems you’ll never execute on...

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I think we need a random off topic chat thread where we just dump all of our half fleshed out ideas that we will never do anything with and discuss them, things that are not worthy of an INE or their own thread.

Why? Maybe someone from the forum will solve your problem for you. Maybe you’ll find a half baked idea you can develop into something.

I’ll start with mine:
- Uber for freight, there’s a massive shortage of freight drivers right now, how about someone with a Ute/truck can just do bulk local b2b deliveries for warehouses like an Uber.
- people with Crohn’s disease sometimes have to do these strict diets where they only eat these shakes, they do this for months and they only have 3 flavours. I think this is the case anyway I don’t have crohns but I remember a workmate doing it years ago and complaining there was only 3 flavours, how to spot an idea 101.
- a phone charger cable that’s some kind of folding circuit board that folds up shaped like a credit card. Definitely doable with the new thin connectors and the usb that are just the flat board part of it.
- a print on demand 3D printing business that prints peoples custom in game characters from games like RuneScape, this is probably the best of these ideas, it would make a huge business if it was done well
- when houses are auctioned people have to get a house inspection before they bid because they can’t do it after they bid, this can get really expensive if you lose a bunch of auctions and is so inefficient. Set up a business that inspects every house being auctioned and just resells the same inspection to anyone interested. Even better if you just pay a share to someone who’s had an inspection done there already and gives it to you to resell to recoup some money.
- yoga mat covers like towels that slip over the mat, cool patterns, washable, grippy. I think I’ve started seeing these now but still an idea.

That’s all I’ve got, hopefully some others a willing to share theirs.

It doesn’t matter how terrible they are just share them here it’s what it’s for.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
A friend of mine and I came up with a sound-isolated jar. You scream in it, and nobody will hear you. I think it's unironically an ok idea, but I don't know if it's doable, lol. We also gave it a name: "Yell Coffer". You're welcome if you become a millionaire by making this. Send me one.

Ricardo Scotta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Feb 15, 2022
Porto Alegre
Not quite the answer you are looking for,
but it occurred to me today an initial way to try to come up with good ideas
(perhaps revolutionary).
It is answering the following question:
What can I do to solve something that seems difficult,
or even impossible to do?

Let me give you an example:
1) Learn a new language in 1 week.

2) Fix a flat tire, without having to change it for the spare tire.

3) Remember where I left my car keys, wallet, credit card, etc.

madlife

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Feb 15, 2022
A friend of mine and I came up with a sound-isolated jar. You scream in it, and nobody will hear you. I think it's unironically an ok idea, but I don't know if it's doable, lol. We also gave it a name: "Yell Coffer". You're welcome if you become a millionaire by making this. Send me one.
Just let it out man.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Thanks for making this thread!

I like the Uber for freight idea. If you end up in that market I used to work in customer service for a travel company and talked to freight drivers a number of times who had another big problem - late at night getting to their hotel and finding out the hotel won't let them park so they had to leave the hotel and often had a non refundable hotel booking and they were so tired and just wanted to go to sleep in the room they bought. Maybe some sort of help finding parking for them would be good too. They have a hard time being away from family so maybe you could show them maps to have them book gigs in their area so they don't have to go too long not seeing family.

Great idea for the yoga mat covers too. Towels are a 100% essential need in Bikram/hot yoga classes so maybe that would be a good market to study/find their towel needs.

After testing some ideas on grademybusinessidea.com with CENTS I finally found one that scores ok I think. The idea is a red and blue light therapy medical device rental company because light therapy devices are $425-1000+ and I think the medical devices being in consumers hands is here to stay not just a trend. I found disgruntled customers online angry about the high prices are so the idea is provide these people how want these products for a lower price (like scentbird, rent the runway etc. )with the high quality skincare devices at a fraction of the cost around the $30/month for one month price point.

Last edited:

Ivan Koretskyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Oct 2, 2021
Oregon, US
- Weed Vending Machine
- Healthy Snack Vending Machine
- Lotion to remove callus
- Glow in the dark escape puzzle room
- Salt water float spa
- store that Renta beach gear near beaches
- Supplement that gets rid of seasonal-depression
- Heat reactive tinted windows, the windows will tint when in sunlight
- Death clock, clock that counts down to your death in seconds
- Uber for hauling horses or cattle
- dating app for ugly people, ban any attractive people that go there
- Faucet soap dispenser, soap mixes in with water when rinsing hands with a press of a button

You’re welcome

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
Uber for garbage. Someone on call to take out the trash.
Uber for garbage. Someone on call to take out the

- Weed Vending Machine
- Healthy Snack Vending Machine
- Lotion to remove callus
- Glow in the dark escape puzzle room
- Salt water float spa
- store that Renta beach gear near beaches
- Supplement that gets rid of seasonal-depression
- Heat reactive tinted windows, the windows will tint when in sunlight
- Death clock, clock that counts down to your death in seconds
- Uber for hauling horses or cattle
- dating app for ugly people, ban any attractive people that go there
- Faucet soap dispenser, soap mixes in with water when rinsing hands with a press of a button

You’re welcome
The death clock idea has been done a lot of times by cheesy poorly made mobile apps and gets old really quick. If it's a joke no problem but i highly highly doubt it'll work

Hanabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
I think more customized service/product solutions across industrustries will be the future. I notice consumers are looking for more customization. Examples:
1.) Clothing Industry
A tailoring business that works with with retail brands (Gap, Banana Republic, J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, and etc.) and department stores (Saks Fifth Ave., Nordstrom, Dilliard's, and etc.) in an onsite and online capacity. Also, working with uniform, like scrub uniform, stores are good too.
A styling service that helps customers find clothes that are flattering to their body shapes and heights and pick flattering colors for them.
2.) Cosmetics Industry
A service that will help customers find flattering makeup colors. A strong understanding of personal color analysis, such as cool skin tones and warm skin tones, and color theory is needed.

Next category is the overlooked consumer groups in the makeup industry. I know most of the forum members are men and probably wouldn't care, but the cosmetics industry grows every year and it is a recession proof industry.
1.) Complexion products for extremely pale, olive, and black people. Makeup brands keep putting the same shades for light to medium skin tones on the market. Olive skin tones are especially overlooked.
2.) Color makeup for cool skin tones. Too much makeup on the market are for warm skin tones.

Next category is sustainable packaging for all different types of cosmetic products, makeup, skincare, shampoos, conditioners, shaving creams, soaps, body washes, and additional hygiene products. Consumers are demanding cosmetic brands to have more sustainable packaging for products. The issue is that indie brands have a hard time securing contracts with sustainable packaging manufacturers because there aren't many; and if they find one, they are already in contracts with conglomerates that would prevent them from working with other brands. Also if an entrepreneur can invent an even more sustainable packaging than what's available and expand offering the packaging to other industries for scale, I think they will be financially successful. A strong understanding of chemistry and environmental science is needed.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The death clock idea has been done a lot of times by cheesy poorly made mobile apps and gets old really quick. If it's a joke no problem but i highly highly doubt it'll work
You really came in this thread just to shit on someone’s one idea out of like 10 they posted, in a thread that’s literally for potentially shitty ideas.

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
You really came in this thread just to shit on someone’s one idea out of like 10 they posted, in a thread that’s literally for potentially shitty ideas.
Now that I think about it you're right those were just my initial thoughts. I should've thought twice before posting that

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Now that I think about it you're right those were just my initial thoughts. I should've thought twice before posting that
Yeah I thought about it after I replied that maybe those were just your thoughts on it and it was meant to be helpful. All good.

Post some of your shitty ideas

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah I thought about it after I replied that maybe those were just your thoughts on it and it was meant to be helpful. All good.

Post some of your shitty ideas
Not sure if it counts as shitty per se but a greeting card/celebration card/business card business that is done entirely in braille and can be customised by the buyers.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Not sure if it counts as shitty per se but a greeting card/celebration card/business card business that is done entirely in braille and can be customised by the buyers.
I love this. Make it feel great with high quality cardstock or felt, and shapes embossed that they can run their hand over. One of the rare items that would both be a hilarious gag gift or an incredibly meaningful gift depending on who recieved it.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I love this. Make it feel great with high quality cardstock or felt, and shapes embossed that they can run their hand over. One of the rare items that would both be a hilarious gag gift or an incredibly meaningful gift depending on who recieved it.
I like it too.

Normally a print on demand card wouldn’t work because people want to hand write in them and it wouldn’t seem personal to send one from a print on demand company.

But for this there’s no way to hand write in it so it wouldn’t matter that it’s not handwritten. The person receiving it will be so ecstatic to receive it.

I haven’t looked into it but I hope this exists, it would be sad for blind people if it didn’t.

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
I actually really appreciate that thank you. I've looked into it and there are a few little art and craft shops online that offer it and some on etsy but not an established business dedicated to it. Do you think it's worth not completely dismissing at the very least? I was also thinking if this market is dying and the braille language in general

Niklas Seibold

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Apr 19, 2021
Bayreuth/Munich, Germany
Not quite the answer you are looking for,
but it occurred to me today an initial way to try to come up with good ideas
(perhaps revolutionary).
It is answering the following question:
What can I do to solve something that seems difficult,
or even impossible to do?

Let me give you an example:
1) Learn a new language in 1 week.

2) Fix a flat tire, without having to change it for the spare tire.

3) Remember where I left my car keys, wallet, credit card, etc.
Thanks for posting that. This could lead to some great breakthroughs. It puts you in the mindset of DOING and SOLVING a problem simultaneously.

Herschel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 15, 2022
I want a website that can convert eBook PDFs into dark mode (changing background into black grey and texts into white color) Is there any you know? Or you can build? & It should be easy like just upload and in one click get a dark version of pdf downloaded.

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
I think Google play books already has that feature inbuilt
I want a website that can convert eBook PDFs into dark mode (changing background into black grey and texts into white color) Is there any you know? Or you can build? & It should be easy like just upload and in one click get a dark version of pdf downloaded.

Ivan Koretskyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Oct 2, 2021
Oregon, US
Instead of an app I was thinking of a real life version of an digital alarm clock except there would be about 12-16 digits that count down in seconds. The clock is meant to be a motivational tool. It was an idea from the unscripted book that I’ll paraphrase: if you had a clock that you saw everyday that counted down to the day you die, how would you act differently?

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
Instead of an app I was thinking of a real life version of an digital alarm clock except there would be about 12-16 digits that count down in seconds. The clock is meant to be a motivational tool. It was an idea from the unscripted book that I’ll paraphrase: if you had a clock that you saw everyday that counted down to the day you die, how would you act differently?
Oh okay now that you say it like that it actually sounds like a pretty great idea it definitely makes sense and could be an amazing tool for motivation

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK

Yup :)) Couldn’t believe this.

Tech based textile that changes colour. You’ll become a billionaire in a matter of weeks once you have it working ;):rofl:

Last edited:

Herschel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 15, 2022
What a great idea ivan, i am going to implement it, also we can put it on our mobile phone or laptop wallpapers

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

5d9bc5b8b02d6a5783bb4245bf7c3bb6--seinfeld-motivational-posters.jpg

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
What a great idea ivan, i am going to implement it, also we can put it on our mobile phone or laptop wallpapers
I don’t know what it’s called but there’s a company killing it with Facebook ads selling a poster of your life visualised in weeks and you check each week off as it passes.

Similar concept so it definitely works as a business

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
I think more customized service/product solutions across industrustries will be the future. I notice consumers are looking for more customization. Examples:
1.) Clothing Industry
A tailoring business that works with with retail brands

2.) Color makeup for cool skin tones. Too much makeup on the market are for warm skin tones.

These are such good ones!

That’s so true about customization. Body type customization, skin tone customization.

I had the problem with not being able to find cool toned makeup literally anywhere and I found in the reviews on Sephora for Fenty cool Amber bronzer (one of the only true cool bronzers at Sephora) there are *so* many people complaining about how hard it is to find a good cool toned bronzer. So that seems like definitely a strong problem to solve.

Brass777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 29, 2012
Mentor, Ohio
I started writing out my top 10 business ideas 3 years ago every morning, and unfortunately I now have thousands of pages scattered all over the place, some in paper and some in the cloud files. It is a nightmare, plus confusing because I have so many ideas now I have no clue which ones to work on!

A dump is good. You can go crazy if you don't get the ideas out of your head and onto paper.

I rally started getting ideas when I started reading old classic mail order books that focused on direct response ads, classifieds and full page ads in newspapers and magazines. Going to local book sales and browsing old business books really hit some chords for me for long lost concepts no one talks about anymore.

Recently an idea I had for selling my domains that arent selling on the marketplaces was to get them actually in front of real possible end-users that don't brows domain marketplaces. I have a lot of sound and keyword centric domains thta don't rally seem to sell well anymore as most buyers want brand-type domains.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
I started writing out my top 10 business ideas 3 years ago every morning, and unfortunately I now have thousands of pages scattered all over the place, some in paper and some in the cloud files. It is a nightmare, plus confusing because I have so many ideas now I have no clue which ones to work on!

I rally started getting ideas when I started reading old classic mail order books that focused on direct response ads, classifieds and full page ads in newspapers and magazines. Going to local book sales and browsing old business books really hit some chords for me for long lost concepts no one talks about anymore.
I appreciate your recommendation to look in business books etc. for good ideas, thanks!

I can so relate to trying to organize notes too haha I keep ideas in a note on my phone and I barely had the patience to decode all of my jumbled words the other day and realized I lost maybe 20% of the ideas because I had no idea what my notes meant.

Do you/anyone think it’s helpful to throw mud at the wall and see if you can make money for bad ideas just for the sake of executing and achieving the goal/skill of making money from an idea? Or on the other hand do you think it’s better to only take action on ideas you see actually being fast lane opportunities? I ask because my guess is I’ve had a discipline problem but in the past I’ve taken action on ideas in hindsight I’ve known are not fast lane.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.