The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to run my MVP properly ?

Idea threads

SaasPassion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 21, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have a question for guys who understand the development process of SAAS companies.
I have an idea for a content management app that I started developing and I want to run an MVP on it.
My question is how can I run an MVP for my specific product effectively that will give me a good indication of the business potential.
The app I want to program is free, and includes a paid subscription for certain features.
I want to run the MVP by a Google Ads campaign, and send people to the free product.
The problem with this approach is that I have to develop the whole free product even before I even have an indication of viability, and only after I open the free product can I know if I should develop the paid subscription according to the number of clicks to the payment page.
So by and large my question is this: Assuming you are developing a free product with paid features, how is it usually recommended to run MVP?
And I would also love to hear if I climbed too high on the tree and adopted the approach of large companies instead of developing an app with a monthly subscription and thus testing the business viability.
Any advice and tips that come up will be greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Onwe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 18, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have a question for guys who understand the development process of SAAS companies.
I have an idea for a content management app that I started developing and I want to run an MVP on it.
My question is how can I run an MVP for my specific product effectively that will give me a good indication of the business potential.
The app I want to program is free, and includes a paid subscription for certain features.
I want to run the MVP by a Google Ads campaign, and send people to the free product.
The problem with this approach is that I have to develop the whole free product even before I even have an indication of viability, and only after I open the free product can I know if I should develop the paid subscription according to the number of clicks to the payment page.
So by and large my question is this: Assuming you are developing a free product with paid features, how is it usually recommended to run MVP?
And I would also love to hear if I climbed too high on the tree and adopted the approach of large companies instead of developing an app with a monthly subscription and thus testing the business viability.
Any advice and tips that come up will be greatly appreciated.
First running an ad to test the viability of an MVP seems to me like you have too much money to throw around.

If your SaaS is solving real problems, you can share it on public forums and the feedback is all you need.

But you should know that if the free features are not of great value. People will likely not want to have anything to do with the paid subscription

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.