The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
1. Doesn't mean others can't
2. Technically, they must be doing it differently, otherwise it's an illegal lottery.

Not saying it should be illegal, just that it is, at least in the USA. So maybe they aren't holding a raffle/lottery, or maybe it's based some other country.
If you had to go broke running a charity, there would be less of it. I'm not in favor of someone raising a million dollors to "feed the poor" and then paying themselves a million dollars. But at the same time, I think it's good that talented organizers can afford to do charitable things that, otherwise, only Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos could afford to do. And if you think about it... raising $10 isn't something just anyone can do.

I've had a few fascinating conversations about this with a charity fundraising person... can't think of her name off the top of my head (and probably wouldn't post it here). But there's always that tradeoff between the incentive and facilitation of the good thing, and the efficiency of the donation. And, if the "marketing and admin costs" were higher than you'd like, but they created millions in charity that otherwise would not exist at all?

Sometimes the media latches onto a particular case and creates outrage... "OMG, a the President of this international non-profit with 90,000 employees makes $220,000 per year! Your donations are buying their mansions!" Of course, most people never investigate the details, assuming the journalist has exposed a great conspiracy. But, while there are surely abuses, you have to consider there are people in easier jobs making the same or more than the not-for-profit CEO/Presidents who get skinned byt the media from time to time. I'm sure it is overblown in some cases, and then reasonable charities get fed to the pulp mill.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
1. Doesn't mean others can't
2. Technically, they must be doing it differently, otherwise it's an illegal lottery.

Not saying it should be illegal, just that it is, at least in the USA. So maybe they aren't holding a raffle/lottery, or maybe it's based some other country.
I think one of the main rules for for-profit prizes in the US is that no purchase be necessary. So companies like Publisher's Clearing House run them, tell you in small print that no purchase is necessary, and then flash many, many deals at you during the lottery submission process. It's actually worth cheking out with a fake email address, if you want to see how scammy it can get.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

If you had to go broke running a charity, there would be less of it. I'm not in favor of someone raising a million dollors to "feed the poor" and then paying themselves a million dollars. But at the same time, I think it's good that talented organizers can afford to do charitable things that, otherwise, only Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos could afford to do. And if you think about it... raising $10 isn't something just anyone can do.

I've had a few fascinating conversations about this with a charity fundraising person... can't think of her name off the top of my head (and probably wouldn't post it here). But there's always that tradeoff between the incentive and facilitation of the good thing, and the efficiency of the donation. And, if the "marketing and admin costs" were higher than you'd like, but they created millions in charity that otherwise would not exist at all?

Sometimes the media latches onto a particular case and creates outrage... "OMG, a the President of this international non-profit with 90,000 employees makes $220,000 per year! Your donations are buying their mansions!" Of course, most people never investigate the details, assuming the journalist has exposed a great conspiracy. But, while there are surely abuses, you have to consider there are people in easier jobs making the same or more than the not-for-profit CEO/Presidents who get skinned byt the media from time to time. I'm sure it is overblown in some cases, and then reasonable charities get fed to the pulp mill.
Oh I agree totally. The only time it bothers me is when they do it in a corrupt way, or taking credit where it isn’t due.

I actually am friends with the founders of a local charity, family friends. They’re small but they’re growing and doing well for the community. A family member was on their board (volunteer position) and it is a lot of work.

The founder is the only person who is paid.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
The picture is disturbing, but more so that I am paying these people to "educate" children in an ideology adverse to my own beliefs. . . do you think these children are taught critical thinking? Taught the virtuous importance of liberty and economic freedom? Nope, they're being taught how to be good little obedient sheep.

On the fiscal side with my taxes paying for this garbage, it's the modern equivalent of me being forced to donate my money to the Communist Party, you know, so more of these little angels can grow up and say stupid shit like "evil rich people" and "pay your fair share."

BTW, if you ever hear anyone say, "pay your fair share" -- walk away or close the browser -- you know that person is a low-IQ moron whose idea of being informed is Maddow at dinner and Fallon at midnight.
As a young person, I'm horrified at what's happening to my generation. I have tiktok, mainly to support my friend who posts there (and then I rapidly exit out of it after liking his videos). The people on tiktok are... angering beyond words I can think of. They not only allude to communism, they openly call themselves Marxists. They have the hammer and sickle in their bio. I got called an exploiter several time for having a business despite paying my freelancers a very good rate. They make proud videos about getting their third jab saying shit like Pfizer gang (woo hoo!! untested forced medical treatment with no long term data that has already maimed people gang! woo!!).

Why am I considered an awful immoral exploiter to them, when I've been working since a young age, racking up savings, already paying people a good wage, contributing to my family, etc. Meanwhile they sit and scratch their a$$, jobless, posting useless memes on reddit and tiktok and whining about how awful capitalism is and how good communism is (I'm from eastern europe - newsflash - it's not - but they tell me I'm wrong anyway).

My friend, who is fit, young, and motivated, himself is leaning heavily towards these ideologies. These kids think they're being original, moral, whatever. I hope to god the stereotype is true that when you grow up you become more right wing. Most of them are under 25 and if this generation grows up and keeps their commie beliefs then we're F*cked.

Maybe I'm living in an echo chamber and people aren't like this elsewhere (I live in a huge city and I meet a lot of people online now), but I already felt incredibly alone before this all went down, and now I feel even more alone as most of my age group has moved over to the screeching maskie side. I used to travel and meet people more of my mindset (met many entrepreneurs), now I can't even do that.

At least the UK has removed all covid rules, but we all know they love doing this back and forth to slowly grind us down.

/rant I'm sorry, I'm just so mad and feel like my younger years are being taken from me.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As a young person, I'm horrified at what's happening to my generation. I have tiktok, mainly to support my friend who posts there (and then I rapidly exit out of it after liking his videos). The people on tiktok are... angering beyond words I can think of. They not only allude to communism, they openly call themselves Marxists. They have the hammer and sickle in their bio. I got called an exploiter several time for having a business despite paying my freelancers a very good rate. They make proud videos about getting their third jab saying shit like Pfizer gang (woo hoo!! untested forced medical treatment with no long term data that has already maimed people gang! woo!!).

Why am I considered an awful immoral exploiter to them, when I've been working since a young age, racking up savings, already paying people a good wage, contributing to my family, etc. Meanwhile they sit and scratch their a$$, jobless, posting useless memes on reddit and tiktok and whining about how awful capitalism is and how good communism is (I'm from eastern europe - newsflash - it's not - but they tell me I'm wrong anyway).

My friend, who is fit, young, and motivated, himself is leaning heavily towards these ideologies. These kids think they're being original, moral, whatever. I hope to god the stereotype is true that when you grow up you become more right wing. Most of them are under 25 and if this generation grows up and keeps their commie beliefs then we're f*cked.

Maybe I'm living in an echo chamber and people aren't like this elsewhere (I live in a huge city and I meet a lot of people online now), but I already felt incredibly alone before this all went down, and now I feel even more alone as most of my age group has moved over to the screeching maskie side. I used to travel and meet people more of my mindset (met many entrepreneurs), now I can't even do that.

At least the UK has removed all covid rules, but we all know they love doing this back and forth to slowly grind us down.

/rant I'm sorry, I'm just so mad and feel like my younger years are being taken from me.
I think it’s the circles you’re in. The young people I know are working. Sure, we mostly wear masks and take the vaccine here in Ireland, but no-one I know sits around scratching their a$$. It wouldn’t bother me if they did though.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

My friend, who is fit, young, and motivated, himself is leaning heavily towards these ideologies. These kids think they're being original, moral, whatever. I hope to god the stereotype is true that when you grow up you become more right wing. Most of them are under 25 and if this generation grows up and keeps their commie beliefs then we're f*cked.

How old are you?

What do you do for work/education?

It’s definitely your age/environment. I’m surprised anyone young cares enough to even talk about this stuff though.

If you have a good job in a good industry, naturally you will be surrounded by good people.

Blue collar jobs are good too, good money and good work mates.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I think it’s the circles you’re in. The young people I know are working. Sure, we mostly wear masks and take the vaccine here in Ireland, but no-one I know sits around scratching their a$$. It wouldn’t bother me if they did though.
I’m with Andy. Humans are social animals and we form cliques. Here we have entrepreneurs. There you have a bit of a weird crowd.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
The people on tiktok are... angering beyond words I can think of. They not only allude to communism, they openly call themselves Marxists. They have the hammer and sickle in their bio. I got called an exploiter several time for having a business despite paying my freelancers a very good rate. They make proud videos about getting their third jab saying shit like Pfizer gang (woo hoo!! untested forced medical treatment with no long term data that has already maimed people gang! woo
They are dumb, don't listen to them.

More dumb people, don't listen to them.

Give him a copy of one of MJ's books. If he's a good friend, stop talking so much about politics. I've been "right" since I was 16, and 2 good friends of mine were self-proclaimed Marxists. We still liked each other (when we weren't dicussing politics and social issues)

Listen to smart people with cool lives, don't listen to dumb people with shit lives.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
How does one reduce the gender inequality?

With synthetic wombs, of course! We don't want women to actually become pregnant and carry a child, do we?

Courtesy of Vitalik, the creator of ETH himself.
View: https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/1483491180906045440

As most things in life… it’s not all black and white.

View: https://twitter.com/tszzl/status/1483648072320053251?s=21

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
How does one reduce the gender inequality?

With synthetic wombs, of course! We don't want women to actually become pregnant and carry a child, do we?

Courtesy of Vitalik, the creator of ETH himself.
View: https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/1483491180906045440
I think if we create synthetic wombs we can be on the road to truly removing the economic earnings gap by completely removing the need for women! No women, no wage gap! Problem solved.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So my son has a pretty bad cough and lots of boogers and mucus. We went to the doctor, to me his cough sounds like bronchitis or something similar, but what do I know.

My daughter had a milder version of it first, and my wife is now getting sick. I'm mostly fine.

Doctor tells us it is alergies and tells us to buy three things. We get them and I do the research later on it.

One is a liquid antihistamine, one is a liquid cough suppressant, and one is a powder for breathing issues and asthma.

Let's check out the last ones safety issues shall we?

Montelukast may cause serious or life-threatening mental health changes while you are taking this medication or after treatment has stopped.
Uhhhhhh. Wtf???? No thanks. He doesn't even have breathing issues other than his congestion!!!!! Why would you tell us to get this you quack? I want to go back and punch him in the face.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
You're in Mexico
Yes in Mexico, this was a Mexican doctor. My wife brought him in and went through everything he is going through and did it all in Spanish. She is Mexican. Our son is almost two.

This was a doctor at a pharmacy that you can book a walk in appointment with after paying for it.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
One is a liquid antihistamine, one is a liquid cough suppressant, and one is a powder for breathing issues and asthma.

Uhhhhhh. Wtf???? No thanks. He doesn't even have breathing issues other than his congestion!!!!! Why would you tell us to get this you quack? I want to go back and punch him in the face.
I was on a 6 week course of 10 mg/ day Montekalust in March/ April 2021. Thankfully, I didn't notice any side effects. It did help a lot with the issue I was having and have had ever since I went to India in 2017 and picked soemthing up there.
My issue (uncontrollable itching when exercising/ getting warm) basically prevented me from being able to do any intense exercise for the best part of 3 years. That F*cked me up mentally as I had been an elite-level athlete my entire life.

I haven't had any issues so far from it and now I just take an anti-histamine.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
My issue (uncontrollable itching when exercising/ getting warm)

Damn what a coincidence. I've been dealing with this problem recently. Horrible full body itching after a shower (both cold and hot) and during exercise as well. It's better now and I hope it will go away on its own. Can't imagine dealing with it for 3 years...

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Mathuin @MTF
Any idea how these things started? You guys have pretty much expressed some of my largest personal illness fears. As someone who essentially spends all his free time in the woods during the summer, I am terrified of getting lime disease.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I was on a 6 week course of 10 mg/ day Montekalust in March/ April 2021. Thankfully, I didn't notice any side effects. It did help a lot with the issue I was having and have had ever since I went to India in 2017 and picked soemthing up there.
My issue (uncontrollable itching when exercising/ getting warm) basically prevented me from being able to do any intense exercise for the best part of 3 years. That f*cked me up mentally as I had been an elite-level athlete my entire life.

I haven't had any issues so far from it and now I just take an anti-histamine.
definitely sounds like allergies. But glad you figured it out!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Lately I haven't been getting notifications on watched threads. Maybe I am watching too many?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Mathuin @MTF
Any idea how these things started? You guys have pretty much expressed some of my largest personal illness fears. As someone who essentially spends all his free time in the woods during the summer, I am terrified of getting lime disease.

I don't know. Some things that happened prior to it:
  • Was sick on and off for two weeks with very weird symptoms (I thought it was covid but didn't get tested).
  • Bought air purifiers and humidifiers to increase humidity in my apartment because it's usually very dry in the winter (this was also before, and I bought them to prevent dryness and skin issues).
  • Started taking cold showers again (I assumed it somehow triggered cold urticaria - I had similar issues one season when I was winter swimming in frigid water).
Other than that, no idea what else could have triggered it. I was itchy today when working out as well but not so terribly I wanted to rip off my skin like last week after each shower.

I spend a lot of time in the woods all year round. I don't see any signs of Lyme disease, though.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland

That sounds horrible but to be fair even common every day drugs have pretty wild potential side effects. Let's take ibuprofen for example: Ibuprofen Side Effects: Common, Severe, Long Term - Drugs.com

Potential side effects include impaired vision, vomiting of blood, difficulty breathing and coma among others.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

226875946_10219982773699585_5411529449285803909_n.jpg

I look at this and I see a fully renovated gas station, with a fixed up C-store, and a little fast food franchise on one side. Maybe some ice vending too if the location is right for it.

What do you see?

I'm always imagining things better and looking for the opportunity.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.