The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get an "expert status" (reputation)?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Melvin

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 19, 2022
Hello,
my name is Melvin, I come from germany.

I own 2 small companys and my plan is to buy & built a little german based investment company. My actually 2 companys works well and I look for the next targets. But I have a big problem!

I havent an "expert status", no reputation or big track record (the two companys I own only for 2 years now, no much time).

To get money from others people to invest I need a reputation, but I havent any ideas to do that.
Linkedin or blog postings? But what? We havent so many news about our companys...same for Twitter.
Do you have any ideas or maybe other firms, who do that perfect?

Melvin!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How to get "expert" status?

Do something that would make you perceived as an expert. Want to be known as a world class tennis player? Win a few tournaments, or minimally, get invited to a few.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Well I think the reputation and the authority of a company come from its testimonials and socials proofs. Even if 2 years seem short it's not that short. Sure you have at least a few clients who can speak for you, and results to show.

The thing is to exploit those data to maximum by communicating efficiently about it. For that using a maximum of channels in order to build an expert image. Using socials medias, killers websites and run ads campaigns seems a good idea. Also having a presence in the concerned circles.

In one word: spread the word.

Blogging can work but it's becoming really time consuming nowadays...

Robert Green said in his fantastic book "Power" that men of power built their reputation themselve and had large control over it. There is actually a lot of tool today in order to do that.

You may want to hire a marketer or rebranding expert.

There is several persons on this forum that can help you, I think of @Andy Black, @Lex DeVille and @Fox

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Some lines I like:

“People listen to experts, they follow leaders.”
(Dan Gallapoo)

“Tell me what you’ve done and I’ll tell you who you are.”

“A person in motion is a powerful thing. They create a vacuum behind them and it sucks people in.”

All that to say… go do the thing you want to be known as, and ideally be seen doing it.

TLDR?

Want to get known as The XYZ Guy/Gal?

Help people with XYZ.

Be *seen* helping people with XYZ.

natan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 17, 2022
Atlanta
Hello,

I own 2 small companys and my plan is to buy & built a little german based investment company. My actually 2 companys works well and I look for the next targets. But I have a big problem!

I havent an "expert status", no reputation or big track record (the two companys I own only for 2 years now, no much time).

To get money from others people to invest I need a reputation, but I havent any ideas to do that.
Linkedin or blog postings? But what? We havent so many news about our companys...same for Twitter.

Melvin!

First:
You can make something remarkable that others cannot do? Check

Second:
People know? No? How can they if you don't tell?

Now write a case to let everyone what you made. Hire a copywriter. Just a single one real case study can help.

I'd say you can hire me, but if you need a german writer I'm not a good fit for you.

Cauchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 18, 2022
1. Data and package what you do.
2. Find some friends in related fields to recognize you.
3. See how other experts shape their "expert status"? Find a way to fill in the missing parts.

wish you success!

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
@Melvin so I just saw this video of an entrepreneur I follow, about entrepreneurship books, and he talk about the trilogy of Russel Brunson (Experts Secrets, Dotcom Secrets & Traffic Secrets).

Well they seem to be infopreneur-oriented (sale funnels, webmarketing, etc...) but also very useful for you to learn how to build an expert image in general, as you wish.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hello,

Melvin!
Depends on your investment niche.

And also look into the regulatory requirements for fundraising. Are you looking for accredited investors only?

Twitter is good place for investment discussion. But I am not sure if that applies for non-English speaking audience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.