The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please tell us about your ride(s)...

GuestUser201

BRAAP!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 26, 2014
Park City, Utah
that is awesome! my husband works about 1.5 miles from where we live. I just showed him that and he thinks that's awesome too. did you buy that like that or did you make it? he wants to make one :)

Thanks! I built it! It's relatively easy to put together, all you need is a socket wrench set, zip-ties, a hammer, and something to punch a rivet out of the chain with the hammer to get it to the correct length.

You can grab these kits on ebay for as low as 150 bucks but there are a lot of low quality ones. I got mine from a Canadian site, but here's an American one for guys which I've bought parts off of before: http://www.bikeberry.com/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Don't forget to put he seat back on

You guys are going to laugh, but this is my ride. I can afford to buy a car, but wouldn't be able to afford insurance.

This bike tops out at 60kph, and gets like 100 miles to the gallon. It's a 23 year old steel norco frame with a $200 engine kit from china attached to it. It vibrates a lot and it's a stinky 2 stroke. Riding it is kinda like playing with your life if you pin the throttle because bicycles are really only designed to go like 20kph tops.

cd06824ec3.jpg
630d9bd26b.jpg

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Thanks! I built it! It's relatively easy to put together, all you need is a socket wrench set, zip-ties, a hammer, and something to punch a rivet out of the chain with the hammer to get it to the correct length.

You can grab these kits on ebay for as low as 150 bucks but there are a lot of low quality ones. I got mine from a Canadian site, but here's an American one for guys which I've bought parts off of before: http://www.bikeberry.com/

My husband is actually an auto mechanic so he can pull this together no problem :)

that is awesome!!!

thanks for the link if he has a problem finding anything I will know right where to look!

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Upgraded to a van a few years later after I developed a decent sized e-mail list. Needed a bigger vehicle to store the candy that I was funneling the existing customers towards.
1382213876265.jpg
Such A creepy van lol

Last edited:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Trust me it's way more fun to ride when you're just inches away from being spaded by the rear wheel. Living life on the edge.
I'm just kidding, the seat likes to break off from all the vibration sometimes, I think I took that picture while I was fixing it.
I imagine it makes theft a bit harder too LOL

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Such A creepy van lol
This kid is in a wheel chair. His dad built the frame around it so he could go out for Halloween. Really creative and thoughtful imo.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
This kid is in a wheel chair. His dad built the frame around it so he could go out for Halloween. Really creative and thoughtful imo.
I meant the free candy van haha

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thought I'd revive an old chat thread and see what has changed!

My "rides" have certainly changed dramatically over the years...

Daily driver: 2017 Ford F151 Raptor
Work driver: 2006 Toyota Tacoma
Fun Machine: 2018 Can-Am Maverick

Still no plans for any new cars.

Sorry no pics of the old Toyota lol.

IMG_0495.JPGIMG_0470.JPGIMG_0546.JPGrs-turbo1.jpg

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
This is my '74 VW Beetle. Rebuilt it from the ground up and upgraded some components as well. It's fun as hell to drive, and I'm planning to put in a more powerful engine soon, which should make it even more fun!

vwsmall1.jpg

IMG_20180513_183855_020.jpg

(Before pic)
vwsmall4.jpg

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 13.32.32.png

This is my G wagon.

Got this at the start of the lockdowns and I guess the guy was panicking cause I got an amazing deal.
It isn't the newest model but I really like this style cause it's more square and blocky.

I love driving this so much, it's built like a bank vault and is actually pretty fast.
They are awful on fuel though - as bad as a Ferrari Enzo. Luckily no road tax here though so that makes up for it.

I have managed to do around 20,000km since getting it and it's been offroad a few times.
I still smile every time I get in this thing ha - it's just one of those fun cars you really like to drive.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Looks nice! @Fox

I drive a 2015 Hyundai Elantra. I am about to pay off soon as well. Before that, I had a 2000 Jeep Cherokee, loved it but it had an acceleration problem that my brother fixed once I gave it to him. Before that car, I had a 2015 KIA RIO EX (which I totaled oops).

My first ever car was a 1999 Toyota Camry.

Attachments

• 1074699_10201667597801371_522592083_o.jpg
    1074699_10201667597801371_522592083_o.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 11030999_10207986725215607_4564429326495862828_o.jpg
    11030999_10207986725215607_4564429326495862828_o.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 12957451_10209470426187204_917385235593950486_o.jpg
    12957451_10209470426187204_917385235593950486_o.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
jLlvb7r.jpeg

Slightly modified S3 Facelift (pre GPF) with doggo on one of my country drives. Fortunate to live near 2000km squared of these roads / valleys. For mental health and business thinking, NOTHING beats a nice drive in a suitable vehicle.
Took my doggo with me last time too. It's no 458 spider, but it's paid for outright which comes with peace of mind that no one can just turn up and take it away if my situation changes. It's also appreciated during ownership which is nice but I'm sure that bubble will pop one day.

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
2018 Lexus GX 460 modified for overlanding. Still have work to do but this is its current state.3E080ABF-68DA-4099-AC8D-93D6AFC4E5DF.jpeg

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
Thought I'd revive an old chat thread and see what has changed!

My "rides" have certainly changed dramatically over the years...

Daily driver: 2017 Ford F151 Raptor
Work driver: 2006 Toyota Tacoma
Fun Machine: 2018 Can-Am Maverick

Still no plans for any new cars.

Sorry no pics of the old Toyota lol.
What, no SVJ? Didn't keep the orange Murc?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
New Tesla 3 owner and love it! Best values:
- Fast
-Pre-conditioning and cabin at desired temp and charged when desired
- Regenerative braking
- Software updates pushed out making the car better over time
- No more gas stations/oil changes/tune-ups etc.
-minimalistic design
-Cameras that show blind spot with turn signal
-Built in Sentry System with mobile phone app view
-Sensors that make the car safer
Note: The self driving isn't fully baked yet. Service is not the best due to demand vs service center growth. Paint quality is soft due to California environmental restraints.
BillCTesla.jpg

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
See, I look at all those features in Teslas and just think how they could be used against you, either by government or a hostile third party, especially from the corruption seen these last few years.

- No key but an iPhone app to unlock and start your car, all a hacker needs to do is design one fake app that authenticates properly and they can steal every Tesla.
- Self drive you into a wall / off a cliff / turn off your brakes
- Conmitted a thought crime or a non conforming tweet? Car refuses to start...
- Future updates bringing DLC or...subscription payments to use your car...that will be $9.99 a day please sir to drive the car you already paid $70k for.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Daily driver is this:
91D1C36F-C464-4561-8D66-9C14A557FF18.jpeg

For summer racing fun I use this:
83A73249-1316-4B5D-B341-52463800E5F5.jpeg

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
See, I look at all those features in Teslas and just think how they could be used against you, either by government or a hostile third party, especially from the corruption seen these last few years.

- No key but an iPhone app to unlock and start your car, all a hacker needs to do is design one fake app that authenticates properly and they can steal every Tesla.
- Future updates bringing DLC or...subscription payments to use your car...that will be $9.99 a day please sir to drive the car you already paid $70k for.

Not just Tesla. Watch this about Jeep. It can be very serious. This is an older video and I assume it has been addressed, but this is scary.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK0SrxBC1xs&ab_channel=WIRED

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas

Valid concerns. Everything is connected which is why foreign adversaries don't need to send spies physically as often as it can mostly be done remotely/digitally with less risk and cost. The good thing is companies like Tesla have a big incentive to make their cars "safe". Always two sides to anything good and there are many out there looking for weak links to exploit.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Sold the Lambo recently :(

Got the G Wagon (@Fox).

Might sell the G Wagon soon though... I can make $40 - $50k the car right now and making that on a car you've driven 5k KMs is a win for me!. No production in 2022. Mine is a 2021 model with low KMs.

Attachments

• IMG_7804.jpg
    IMG_7804.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7806.jpg
    IMG_7806.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7963 2.jpg
    IMG_7963 2.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Lovely G wagon - looks great.

Did you enjoy your time with the Lambo - how was it?

Ya while mine is no way as new as yours I am in a similar situation. I basically got it for a massive discount at the start of the pandemic and if I sold now it's a handy extra 30k.

But... it's so fun to drive ha. I really like being that high up on the road and it feels super secure.

I didn't know they ended production, Ill have to read up on that.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I like the G_Wagon @MoneyDoc and @Fox. The new one is great, so much better driving experience! The seats are from the S Class and “hug you” when you turn… how cool is that?!

I almost bought one… and almost bought a 992 911 Porsche Turbo S too. But something in my head happened in the past year where I totally lost interest. I used to love luxury and cars. Maybe I’m just not rich enough for a G Wagon, or maybe I got too old. Weird how much I used to care and how little I care now. Can’t explain it. I’m 99% utility these days.

But if I had to get a new car, it would likely be the G and it would definitely be in black! Enjoy your toys boys!

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Lovely G wagon - looks great.

Did you enjoy your time with the Lambo - how was it?

Ya while mine is no way as new as yours I am in a similar situation. I basically got it for a massive discount at the start of the pandemic and if I sold now it's a handy extra 30k.

But... it's so fun to drive ha. I really like being that high up on the road and it feels super secure.

I didn't know they ended production, Ill have to read up on that.
Thanks buddy.

Regretted it the day I sold it :(. But oh well. I made like $80k CAD in 2 months. No car is that special to me to give up on money like that lol. BUT, the driving experience, WOW. I will NEVER forget it. It was my first real "supercar" too, so it was special. I would wake up at 7am every single day for no reason just to go for a coffee run which would turn into a 3 hour drive.

Yeah, I think I'm going to pull the trigger and sell the G Wagon. LOVE the car.. it makes you feel like the richest person on earth when you're driving. It just makes you feel so good. BUT, $30k - $40k in 2-3 months from a truck, hard to pass that up.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I like the G_Wagon @MoneyDoc and @Fox. The new one is great, so much better driving experience! The seats are from the S Class and “hug you” when you turn… how cool is that?!

I almost bought one… and almost bought a 992 911 Porsche Turbo S too. But something in my head happened in the past year where I totally lost interest. I used to love luxury and cars. Maybe I’m just not rich enough for a G Wagon, or maybe I got too old. Weird how much I used to care and how little I care now. Can’t explain it. I’m 99% utility these days.

But if I had to get a new car, it would likely be the G and it would definitely be in black! Enjoy your toys boys!
I've never driven the old ones before, but I've heard the same thing about the driving experience.

To be COMPLETELY honest, after I sold the Lambo, I'm rarely thinking about getting another supercar right now. It's odd... I LOVE cars and will OBVIOUSLY try and get another one, but the "urge" just died.

Have you seen the new Range Rover? Looks slick. I'm still waiting on the Sport reveal, but the big sized ones are kinda pulling me back in. I just wish the back had a little more effort put into it with regards to design.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I’ve put a deposit down on the new RR @MoneyDoc a few months ago. My sales guy was very good haha. But I don’t think I’ll be buying it. Just lost the “I want” part of it all. And mine is only 30,000 kms

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.