The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Aspiring entrepreneur and passionate about logistics

tamkey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 19, 2021
Paris, France
Hi everyone,

My name is Tamara, I'm 28 years old, half Swiss-half Argentinian (grew up mostly in Argentina) but I've been living in France for the past 5 years.

While I lived in Argentina I was studying Marketing and International Commerce (that's when I discover I loved logistics!) and decided to do an exchange program for 8 months in France. Those 8 months ended up being 5 years, because I figured the quality of life was better in Europe and also that I could have more opportunities to grow professionally.

It was not before moving to Paris, after working my a$$ off at Disneyland Paris for the minimum wage, working night and weekend shifts, not having any social life as I didn't know anyone here, and losing my two grand parents in Argentina while being here and not be able to say goodbye to them because I couldn't take time off from work nor have enough money for the plane ticket, that one day it hit me "This is not right, there must be something else in life". I wanted to continue my studies (that I left behind when I move to Paris) but this time I was looking at Universities and majors KNOWING that my success in life would not be granted with that, and that I should study something I liked and something the knowledge would be useful for me in the future, for my future plans.

Little by little I started to study financial freedom, which also get me more into spirituality, as I think everything is connected and you can't succeed in life if you haven't succeed in finding at least a bit of peace within yourself.

So that's how I discovered my passion, what wakes me up every morning, my "divine obsession", the reason why I live and the dream I will pursue until I make it or die trying: I wanna build a logistics company in the US that will disrupt the industry and how things are being made nowadays. I have a lot of ideas for it, and I can see clearly how it can be successful as my main goal is to give value to an industry that has been a bit overlooked. So I can see very clearly the end of the tunnel but my big concern is how to get there. So I started working at a logistics company that does something kind of similar to what I want my company to do, and it's great because I'm learning a lot of what to do and also what not to do, and everyday I see things which can be improved/innovate etc
The thing is that I don't wanna be there for 3/4 years waiting for a promotion or whatever, and I want to learn more, also I want to build my company in the US so I should move there...
Should I move to the US and work in a company that does something similar to what I wanna do so I can keep learning and growing my network or should I get a job in whatever company for the sake of the VISA and being able to move to the US and start to save/invest money that will help me build my company in the future? I feel the first option is the most logical but I'm a bit lost.

Anyways this was supposed to be an introduction post, so nice to meet you everyone, I'm glad to be here, MJ I read Unscripted and I'm currently reading again but this time taking notes and studying it, and I already have the Rat Race Escape waiting for me as soon as I finish. THANK YOU for these books! You literally put into words the feeling I had and couldn't describe, and also tear down so many myths and other "financial freedom gurus" that just keep writing books that don't lead to anything... your book literally is changing my life, and I hope soon enough I will be back to this post to tell you how well my business is growing !

From Paris with love,

Tamara

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hi everyone,

My name is Tamara, I'm 28 years old, half Swiss-half Argentinian (grew up mostly in Argentina) but I've been living in France for the past 5 years.

While I lived in Argentina I was studying Marketing and International Commerce (that's when I discover I loved logistics!) and decided to do an exchange program for 8 months in France. Those 8 months ended up being 5 years, because I figured the quality of life was better in Europe and also that I could have more opportunities to grow professionally.

It was not before moving to Paris, after working my a$$ off at Disneyland Paris for the minimum wage, working night and weekend shifts, not having any social life as I didn't know anyone here, and losing my two grand parents in Argentina while being here and not be able to say goodbye to them because I couldn't take time off from work nor have enough money for the plane ticket, that one day it hit me "This is not right, there must be something else in life". I wanted to continue my studies (that I left behind when I move to Paris) but this time I was looking at Universities and majors KNOWING that my success in life would not be granted with that, and that I should study something I liked and something the knowledge would be useful for me in the future, for my future plans.

Little by little I started to study financial freedom, which also get me more into spirituality, as I think everything is connected and you can't succeed in life if you haven't succeed in finding at least a bit of peace within yourself.

So that's how I discovered my passion, what wakes me up every morning, my "divine obsession", the reason why I live and the dream I will pursue until I make it or die trying: I wanna build a logistics company in the US that will disrupt the industry and how things are being made nowadays. I have a lot of ideas for it, and I can see clearly how it can be successful as my main goal is to give value to an industry that has been a bit overlooked. So I can see very clearly the end of the tunnel but my big concern is how to get there. So I started working at a logistics company that does something kind of similar to what I want my company to do, and it's great because I'm learning a lot of what to do and also what not to do, and everyday I see things which can be improved/innovate etc
The thing is that I don't wanna be there for 3/4 years waiting for a promotion or whatever, and I want to learn more, also I want to build my company in the US so I should move there...
Should I move to the US and work in a company that does something similar to what I wanna do so I can keep learning and growing my network or should I get a job in whatever company for the sake of the VISA and being able to move to the US and start to save/invest money that will help me build my company in the future? I feel the first option is the most logical but I'm a bit lost.

Anyways this was supposed to be an introduction post, so nice to meet you everyone, I'm glad to be here, MJ I read Unscripted and I'm currently reading again but this time taking notes and studying it, and I already have the Rat Race Escape waiting for me as soon as I finish. THANK YOU for these books! You literally put into words the feeling I had and couldn't describe, and also tear down so many myths and other "financial freedom gurus" that just keep writing books that don't lead to anything... your book literally is changing my life, and I hope soon enough I will be back to this post to tell you how well my business is growing !

From Paris with love,

Tamara
Bonne soirée,

no one can answer that question but you. I know it's not the answer you want to hear but only you know deep inside if you're ready to make the jump.

A lot of big companies have been started just as a side project. From guys or girls just like you who had big dreams and normal day jobs during the day and the rest was spent on their dream projects.

But you also don't want to be at a job for too long and then realize that you didn't take your shot. You learn the most by doing. And if you're going to create your own company, then you must take the steps that are necessary to do so. Entrepreneurship is a different game than being employed.

I may not be as qualified to give you the best advice on this as I've been running my business for just over a year now(and there are guys in this forum who are way more successful than me), but if it were me here's what I would do:

1. Save money and make sure the basic necessities are covered. Things like shelter, food, transportation etc. Because as an entrepreneur, it may take you a significant amount of time before you make your big hit, or any money for that matter. It may take you 3-6 months, a year or two years before you finally start seeing good results.

2. The thing with the VISA is actually pretty smart. I also have a goal to move my business to America, and the COVID thing complicates the shit out of it with the vaccines and the rest. So, yes that is an option to consider. It may also give you insights into how the american market works with their logistics.

3. It's great that you're talking about networking as it's often a very neglected aspect of scaling. That can also be a plus with USA, as it's a huge country and the opportunities to connect are endless. There's a famous quote on this that you've probably heard before: "You are the average of the 5 people you spend your most time with".

tamkey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 19, 2021
Paris, France
Bonne soirée,

no one can answer that question but you. I know it's not the answer you want to hear but only you know deep inside if you're ready to make the jump.

A lot of big companies have been started just as a side project. From guys or girls just like you who had big dreams and normal day jobs during the day and the rest was spent on their dream projects.

But you also don't want to be at a job for too long and then realize that you didn't take your shot. You learn the most by doing. And if you're going to create your own company, then you must take the steps that are necessary to do so. Entrepreneurship is a different game than being employed.

I may not be as qualified to give you the best advice on this as I've been running my business for just over a year now(and there are guys in this forum who are way more successful than me), but if it were me here's what I would do:

1. Save money and make sure the basic necessities are covered. Things like shelter, food, transportation etc. Because as an entrepreneur, it may take you a significant amount of time before you make your big hit, or any money for that matter. It may take you 3-6 months, a year or two years before you finally start seeing good results.

2. The thing with the VISA is actually pretty smart. I also have a goal to move my business to America, and the COVID thing complicates the shit out of it with the vaccines and the rest. So, yes that is an option to consider. It may also give you insights into how the american market works with their logistics.

3. It's great that you're talking about networking as it's often a very neglected aspect of scaling. That can also be a plus with USA, as it's a huge country and the opportunities to connect are endless. There's a famous quote on this that you've probably heard before: "You are the average of the 5 people you spend your most time with".
Hi Zebro,

Thank you so much for your answer, I really appreciate you took the time to give me your advice, and I think you are absolutely right, the answer is already inside me but because of the FOMO we get doubts and start seeking answers outside.

As you said I would not be the first one starting a business as a side project of my normal job, and also I think for logistics even if not really necessary to have a lot of knowledge about it (my current CEO didn't know jack about logistics when he started the company) for me it's important to keep learning as a way to identifying new opportunities of improvement.

I guess I'm on the right path then, move to the US and work in logistics there so I get a feeling of how the market works there which I know it's different from Europe, start saving money and keep the networking as much as possible as you never know who you are talking to... I'm not saying I'm gonna launch my company as soon as I move to the US but I think moving there is the next logical step.

And yes, networking is very neglected and super important, I had the chance to speak about my project to my current CEO and he already joked about "investing in it in the future" and he also said he could recommend me to people in the US . So let's see, I won't close any door....

About your advice, it was very useful, thanks! What is your business if you don't mind sharing?
And yes COVID really complicated things... I had some job interviews from the US that I honestly think I did well but as long as they find out they need to sponsor my VISA is like NEXT! and I'm talking about big companies who are going public soon so they have the means to do it...
Have you ever participated in the "Green Card lottery"? I did this year, it's a long shot to be fair, but hey you never know and you might as well put all the chances in your side! Who knows what the Universe is planning for you

With that said, thanks again for your advice and have a wonderful evening :)

Tamara

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hi Zebro,

Thank you so much for your answer, I really appreciate you took the time to give me your advice, and I think you are absolutely right, the answer is already inside me but because of the FOMO we get doubts and start seeking answers outside.

As you said I would not be the first one starting a business as a side project of my normal job, and also I think for logistics even if not really necessary to have a lot of knowledge about it (my current CEO didn't know jack about logistics when he started the company) for me it's important to keep learning as a way to identifying new opportunities of improvement.

I guess I'm on the right path then, move to the US and work in logistics there so I get a feeling of how the market works there which I know it's different from Europe, start saving money and keep the networking as much as possible as you never know who you are talking to... I'm not saying I'm gonna launch my company as soon as I move to the US but I think moving there is the next logical step.

And yes, networking is very neglected and super important, I had the chance to speak about my project to my current CEO and he already joked about "investing in it in the future" and he also said he could recommend me to people in the US . So let's see, I won't close any door....

About your advice, it was very useful, thanks! What is your business if you don't mind sharing?
And yes COVID really complicated things... I had some job interviews from the US that I honestly think I did well but as long as they find out they need to sponsor my VISA is like NEXT! and I'm talking about big companies who are going public soon so they have the means to do it...
Have you ever participated in the "Green Card lottery"? I did this year, it's a long shot to be fair, but hey you never know and you might as well put all the chances in your side! Who knows what the Universe is planning for you

With that said, thanks again for your advice and have a wonderful evening :)

Tamara
Always happy to help.

I don't remember who it was but I watched an interview a while from a guy who interviewed a billionaire, and the interviewer asked him an interesting question: "What's the biggest difference between millionaires and billionaires". And guess what the guy told him? No, it wasn't money. It wasn't his skills. It wasn't grinding(which is very fancy now in the Instagram world).

His secret? Connections. Billionaires network the most.

As of now, I'm just running a Instagram marketing agency, where we literally turn people's accounts into Lamborghinis as most people have no idea how to monetize that platform correctly. I'm also doing a small lead gen project on the side that I plan to expand worldwide, starting with big American cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, Houston and so on. Because Americans got a huge market and their buying power is very high, compared with the rest of the world.

The thing for me with the Visa is a little different as I'm originally from Poland and polish citizens can get a tourist Visa that has a duration up to 90 days(thank you Trump). It's not ideal, but some poles were able to contact lawyers during their stay in America who would then sort the legalities for them, enabling them to stay forever. I'm going to try this strategy as well!

Have you decided which city you're going to move to?

tamkey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 19, 2021
Paris, France
Always happy to help.

I don't remember who it was but I watched an interview a while from a guy who interviewed a billionaire, and the interviewer asked him an interesting question: "What's the biggest difference between millionaires and billionaires". And guess what the guy told him? No, it wasn't money. It wasn't his skills. It wasn't grinding(which is very fancy now in the Instagram world).

His secret? Connections. Billionaires network the most.

As of now, I'm just running a Instagram marketing agency, where we literally turn people's accounts into Lamborghinis as most people have no idea how to monetize that platform correctly. I'm also doing a small lead gen project on the side that I plan to expand worldwide, starting with big American cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, Houston and so on. Because Americans got a huge market and their buying power is very high, compared with the rest of the world.

The thing for me with the Visa is a little different as I'm originally from Poland and polish citizens can get a tourist Visa that has a duration up to 90 days(thank you Trump). It's not ideal, but some poles were able to contact lawyers during their stay in America who would then sort the legalities for them, enabling them to stay forever. I'm going to try this strategy as well!

Have you decided which city you're going to move to?
Yes!! Networking is KEY, talking to the right person can change your life in the blink of an eye !

That's very cool to be fair! People think being able to monetize Instagram is easy but it actually isn't, unless you post all pictures of your butt (as a girl) is hard to get followers and engagement out of the blue... good idea for taking your project to big cities in the US, I agree with you, it is a huge market, they hace the buying power and also a society of consumption very different to others. I'm not gonna say good luck because luck is for those who don't make efforts, and for me luck doesn't exist is only preparation + being able to take opportunities, but I can wish you a lot of success !

I understand, the Visa thing is the same for almost everyone, but in my case as I'm still in the employee world if I manage to get a job there the company hiring me can sponsor me for a non-citizen Visa allowing me to stay for years with the possibility of renovating it, so fingers crossed !

Otherwise the Green Card Lottery I told you about is a thing they do every year, you just send your application and you participate for one of the 50 000 Green Cards they offer (ofc you don't win the Green Card you win the opportunity to apply for one, they are not stupid they can still tell you NO if they don't like you haha) and the Green Card is basically the citizen Visa for immigrants, if you have that you are set for life there !

I would love to move to NYC as I think there are a lot of logistics company I'm interested in that they have offices there, and also NYC is great for networking and eventually finding investors. But I'm also open to the possibility to go somewhere else, I recently applied for a position in Long Beach CA and Dallas TX.... if I get one of them I guess I can just work there for a while and keep learning / experience and networking there, and ask to be transferred to NYC in the future if I think at the moment that NYC is important. Everything I do and every decision I make I do it with my project in mind so we will see what seems the right thing at the time :)

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Yes!! Networking is KEY, talking to the right person can change your life in the blink of an eye !

That's very cool to be fair! People think being able to monetize Instagram is easy but it actually isn't, unless you post all pictures of your butt (as a girl) is hard to get followers and engagement out of the blue... good idea for taking your project to big cities in the US, I agree with you, it is a huge market, they hace the buying power and also a society of consumption very different to others. I'm not gonna say good luck because luck is for those who don't make efforts, and for me luck doesn't exist is only preparation + being able to take opportunities, but I can wish you a lot of success !

I understand, the Visa thing is the same for almost everyone, but in my case as I'm still in the employee world if I manage to get a job there the company hiring me can sponsor me for a non-citizen Visa allowing me to stay for years with the possibility of renovating it, so fingers crossed !

Otherwise the Green Card Lottery I told you about is a thing they do every year, you just send your application and you participate for one of the 50 000 Green Cards they offer (ofc you don't win the Green Card you win the opportunity to apply for one, they are not stupid they can still tell you NO if they don't like you haha) and the Green Card is basically the citizen Visa for immigrants, if you have that you are set for life there !

I would love to move to NYC as I think there are a lot of logistics company I'm interested in that they have offices there, and also NYC is great for networking and eventually finding investors. But I'm also open to the possibility to go somewhere else, I recently applied for a position in Long Beach CA and Dallas TX.... if I get one of them I guess I can just work there for a while and keep learning / experience and networking there, and ask to be transferred to NYC in the future if I think at the moment that NYC is important. Everything I do and every decision I make I do it with my project in mind so we will see what seems the right thing at the time :)
Yeah, well do what you believe is right. If the company you're applying for can sponsor your Visa, then take your chance. Even if the Green Card thing doesn't work out for you, you'll have a much higher chance of getting a solution in the country versus being outside of the US.

The key to grow on social media is content and networking. It's the root of the tree. Everything else is secondary.

And there are obviously niches like in your example with girls exposing their bodies.
I'd love to get your opinion on this from a girl's perspective. Do you think there are too many of them now? For me at least, there's too many of them. All of them are literally doing the same thing lol.

Every girl who's got a nice peach is sort of trying to do the same thing, whereas the girls who actually built huge followings with it were the early adopters when the market wasn't saturated with them. I can think of someone like Sommer Ray who was one of first females(probably not the first but definitely in the first thousand who started showing their bodies on IG) and she grew very quickly because there was almost no one who did that stuff back in the day. Or someone like Amanda Cerny.

But a higher following != more money, which is a big misconception. There are accounts out there who have hundreds of thousands if not millions of followers who haven't made a dime out of their following.

tamkey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 19, 2021
Paris, France
Yeah, well do what you believe is right. If the company you're applying for can sponsor your Visa, then take your chance. Even if the Green Card thing doesn't work out for you, you'll have a much higher chance of getting a solution in the country versus being outside of the US.

The key to grow on social media is content and networking. It's the root of the tree. Everything else is secondary.

And there are obviously niches like in your example with girls exposing their bodies.
I'd love to get your opinion on this from a girl's perspective. Do you think there are too many of them now? For me at least, there's too many of them. All of them are literally doing the same thing lol.

Every girl who's got a nice peach is sort of trying to do the same thing, whereas the girls who actually built huge followings with it were the early adopters when the market wasn't saturated with them. I can think of someone like Sommer Ray who was one of first females(probably not the first but definitely in the first thousand who started showing their bodies on IG) and she grew very quickly because there was almost no one who did that stuff back in the day. Or someone like Amanda Cerny.

But a higher following != more money, which is a big misconception. There are accounts out there who have hundreds of thousands if not millions of followers who haven't made a dime out of their following.
Well in my opinion yes there are too many, but who am I to judge right? :p

"Every girl who's got a nice peach" hahahahaa you made me laugh but yeah, and as you said a high following doesn't necessarily means more money....

But hey it's good to know that if my project doesn't succeed I can always show my peach :p

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
will pursue until I make it or die trying: I wanna build a logistics company in the US that will disrupt the industry and how things are being made nowadays.
and

my big concern is how to get there.

is because you are looking for map.
There’s no map until you make one.(which won’t help you but others)
You can only envision and plan so much until you start doing and see a different reality.

For progress I recommend making small but actionable steps toward bigger and bigger ones.

Pretty hard to see the end of the tunnel when you’re nowhere near it.

tamkey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 19, 2021
Paris, France
and

is because you are looking for map.
There’s no map until you make one.(which won’t help you but others)
You can only envision and plan so much until you start doing and see a different reality.

For progress I recommend making small but actionable steps toward bigger and bigger ones.

Pretty hard to see the end of the tunnel when you’re nowhere near it.

Hi Woken,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I guess you are right, let's say that "the obstacles become the way", I guess taking baby steps will start undisclosing all the possibilities that I can't see today because I just don't have that information/knowledge yet. Like a videogame as much as you progress you start unlocking new challenges haha :p

Thanks again for your advice :)

kimchey44

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 15, 2016
Hi Tamara,

If you move in the direction that capital is moving, globally, then making connections, meeting people, being in the right place, etc. ... will that much better.
  • What countries are millionaires and billionaires moving their money?
That may be a place you want to be. Not saying Dubai is the place... but some specific part of the USA may be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...