The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
63.76% of all statistics is made up on the spot.
Z
Z
:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
USD. It might not be 40% but the point he made is right.

hmm… he didn’t make a point. He listed a statistic, without reference or even being accurate.

so… what does it mean? Is the USA = Zimbabwean Dollar yet? ;)

no. And that’s me making a point.

why not?

because the USA is a reserve currency, has a history of low inflation, most of the debt is domestic currency, the system (monetary policy) is trying to increase productivity etc… That’s me making a point.

will it last? Will this be a deflationary or inflationary depression? Or is this a new roaring 20s?

that I don’t know. That is interesting to me to hear smart folks on this forum to debate and explain.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Like Grant Cardone says

"It's not your job to make money, it's your job to take it"

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Like Grant Cardone says

"It's not your job to make money, it's your job to take it"
Are you sure it’s him and not government tax regulators? Let’s fact check with @Kak

:rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’m confused all around here
I think Grant talks about not “making money” but “earning money”.

Money already exists and is already flowing around us. We just need to get it to flow through our business.

(I think it was Grant Cardone where I picked up that visual/thought. If he said our job was to “take it” then I’d be less impressed.)

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

zizou

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 28, 2021
Hello everyone recently with the explosion of nfts not having much money to invest i thought that creating a youtube channel on this subject to help people wanting to start was a good idea (knowing that in my country i haven't found a big specific channel yet)

Do you think it could be possible knowing that I have no knowledge at the moment but that I could acquire some

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I think Grant talks about not “making money” but “earning money”.

Money already exists and is already flowing around us. We just need to get it to flow through our business.

(I think it was Grant Cardone where I picked up that visual/thought. If he said our job was to “take it” then I’d be less impressed.)

Without any context, that quote comes off as a tax-man "take it" way.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

DoingDeals

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 13, 2021
I've never heard Grant Cardone say that quote exactly, but just talking with him last night about you need to make 10X in order to survive & selling his portfolio for $60 billion to Blackstone.

Last edited:

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
I ended up getting *it* finally. Hadn't been sick in two years. It was like a normal seasonal cold but a little bit worse. Fever and chills were bad but about 8-9 days total sickness. Now I'm just dealing with the fallout of fatigue.

Hoping for more energy to come back soon, as I've basically been ignoring anything Fastlane related for a bit.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I ended up getting *it* finally. Hadn't been sick in two years. It was like a normal seasonal cold but a little bit worse. Fever and chills were bad but about 8-9 days total sickness. Now I'm just dealing with the fallout of fatigue.

Hoping for more energy to come back soon, as I've basically been ignoring anything Fastlane related for a bit.

Mine was the same length of time and the immense fatigue. Took me like a month to get my cardio back, but does get rapidly better.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Get well soon... any details you can provide? Age? Weight? Any preconditions?

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Get well soon... any details you can provide? Age? Weight? Any preconditions?

Thank you! Most everything is better now other than a lingering cough and my taste and smell is slowly recovering from 0%. It's about 5% right now. The fatigue is real but I think it'll clear up quickly.

The loss of smell was weird and surprised me. I had a cold burning sensation in my nostrils that spread into my sinuses, which causes a weird ache that I guess I could've confused for a headache. Taste and smell went to zero around 4-5 days in. It snuck up on me and once I realized what was happening I crushed some garlic between my fingers and realized that I couldn't smell it at all.

By the way, lots of things seem gross/unappetizing without that normal smell and taste. Thankfully the savory flavors are coming back first.

I'm in my late 30s, in good shape (6'1, ~185lbs/somewhat athletic), zero health issues otherwise. I regularly go to the gym 5x a week and my resting pulse is usually in the 60s/70s.

I did take the antibody treatment about a week in but otherwise I haven't had any kind of shot.

Able to go and bike ride and also to get out on the water a bit, but whereas I normally can spend several hours I only did about ~1.5 hours yesterday...hoping for some more energy tomorrow because the weather is good.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
@OMDA

were you vaxinated?
You don’t need to answer if you don’t want to, some people here are super sensitive on this.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
@OMDA

were you vaxinated?
You don’t need to answer if you don’t want to, some people here are super sensitive on this.
Nope

I'm surprised that it took this long to get it. I had been exposed so many times to sick people over the past year and a half, go out frequently, etc. I thought I was immune because there was no way I was that lucky. I guess the latest variant finally snuck past my defenses?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Nope

I'm surprised that it took this long to get it. I had been exposed so many times to sick people over the past year and a half, go out frequently, etc. I thought I was immune because there was no way I was that lucky. I guess the latest variant finally snuck past my defenses?
I got it also. Was vaxinated. Very mild symptoms but the taste part sucked. Lost 10 pounds. Had to force food down which was difficult. Couldn't even eat pizza as it tasted like a mouthful of salt.

Edit: This taste thing lasted 3-4 months. Went away as fast as it came on.

Last edited:

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Does anyone know if a gold to gold payments service exists?

For example, person A and person B both have an account with a gold company. Person A pays digitally, in gold (so the ownership records at a depository are updated), for a product from person B.

D

Deleted70138

Ravelry.com

If you want to solve knitting industry problems, here you might be able to find some.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I just posted a job on upwork, and for the first time ever put in a question at the end to see if people were spamming or actually reading it. I think it was @MJ DeMarco that did similar? I asked the star wars vs star trek question.

Interesting results. EVERYONE from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc all answered the joke question in a funny way, and the guys from Australia and the US didn't give an answer to the question, just a template response lol.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/C0VlD-19-coronavirus-antidepressant-fluvoxamine-treatment

The antidepressant fluvoxamine could keep mild C0VlD-19 from worsening​

A real-world study and data from animal and cell studies confirm earlier clinical trial results​

The antidepressant fluvoxamine could prevent people from getting seriously ill with C0VlD-19, curbing hospitalizations, new data show.

The results come from real-world use of the drug to treat workers at the Golden Gate Fields horse racing track in Berkeley, Calif. Of those who opted to take fluvoxamine, none got sicker, and within two weeks, their symptoms cleared. In comparison, 12.5 percent of those who turned down the drug wound up hospitalized. Two got so sick they were put on a ventilator to assist with breathing, and one died, researchers report February 1 in Open Forum Infectious Diseases.

The data need verification from ongoing larger clinical trials. However, some experts say that the new findings, along with cell, animal and human observational data, suggest that a two-week course of fluvoxamine, which costs about $10 and is already approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, could be considered for patients at high risk of suffering severe C0VlD-19 symptoms.

The Lancet study from Brazil:
The word "fluvoxamine" will be censored by mass/social media in 3, 2, 1...

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
unvaxinated in Austria = locked down in their home. Even if they are under 12 years old with no prior infection and with 0.00000001 (or whatever low number it is) risk of being hospitalized.

vaxinated in Austria = not locked down and free to infect everyone in their surroundings.

The division is getting real.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
From Will Smith's autobiography:

There is a great Bruce Lee quote that resonates with me. One of Lee’s students once asked him, “Master, you constantly speak to us of peace, yet every day you train us to fight. How do you reconcile these conflicting ideas?” And Bruce Lee responded, “It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.”

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.