The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hyperinflation starting? What's happening in your area? Post your ground reports.

DoingDeals

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 13, 2021
So, Jack Dorsey was talking about it 1 1/2 weeks ago & hyperinflation articles are posted every day now because disruptions in the supply chain for several large companies, it took them this long to figure everything out?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Terrible inflation in tourism as well. In the Canary Islands, the cost to rent the cheapest car with automatic transmission for 1.5 months is depending on the island 4000-4500 euros (4700-5200 USD). There's only one company that has any cars to rent because others sold their cars when the pandemic started. Now there's demand but no supply.

Accommodation is also very expensive. An okay (not luxurious) house in a good area (if available at all) costs about 5000-6000 EUR for 1.5 months (5800-7000 USD). Many of these houses don't even come with fast Internet (so imagine paying so much and getting 5-20 mbps download Wi-Fi at most during non-busy hours lol).

These prices are at least double what it should be, particularly considering that you aren't really getting anything luxurious in return.

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
according to a lot of folks, my books should be FREE
I don't understand why do they even bother asking you, if they really wanted it for free they could have gotten it.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Price of petrol (gas for folks in us) in india went from 80 INR to 120.

The thing to note is unlike The USA, India did not print money or went into debt, its just out of a$$ pricing is what is infuriating.
Remember last year when fuel prices went negative, India's fuel price did not budge.
Last note we have 100% tax on imported car so if i were to buy 200k USD worth exotic car, i have to pay 200k to the government.

Sorry the rant

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
This prices increases could mean great oportunity? .

Margins should be good for those who create the wealth everybody is looking for. We could talk about opportunities to produce.

Ej, I'm making non psicoactive CBD cannabis seeds with 0.1% thc. They are selling for about $10 each in Europe. (much less in my home country though the govt said exporting opportunities will be available "soon"). I got to produce 250 seeds per plant so far, that number could 4x by improving techniques... IMO this is a great opportunities for the coming years since the space is def growing.

What do you guys think are other opportunities for being producers ?

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
We’ve seen our steel prices rise 85% since February 2021. Part of that is gouging by our supplier, I know this because other suppliers are at a 25-40% surcharge. We have a meeting Thursday to figure this out, otherwise our ties are severed.

Regardless, price increases are real and you’re right, it’s been time to weather the storm.
Curious to see how you make out with them. Another possibility (and I'm sure you've thought of that variable) is that they might have re-stocked lately while the lower priced options are still running off of the old stock

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
This prices increases could mean great oportunity? .

Margins should be good for those who create the wealth everybody is looking for. We could talk about opportunities to produce.

Ej, I'm making non psicoactive CBD cannabis seeds with 0.1% thc. They are selling for about $10 each in Europe. (much less in my home country though the govt said exporting opportunities will be available "soon"). I got to produce 250 seeds per plant so far, that number could 4x by improving techniques... IMO this is a great opportunities for the coming years since the space is def growing.

What do you guys think are other opportunities for being producers ?
at this point (in my industry) we have a metal buckles on backorder along with labor to make it.
if you make stuff, and have something to make it with, then you should be killing it right now.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
MJ's a sell out!
MJ's selling $50 books!
MJ's a hypocrite guru!

Oh boy, I can just hear it now. And I hear shit already because my books still cost ten or twenty bucks. No, according to a lot of folks, my books should be FREE. My time, my life experience, my advice, everything should be free.

It's not. It's on the top tier... paperbacks usually cost $18.95 ... all my work starts at $22.95 which is a good 20% premium.

Hardbacks usually retail for $24.95 to $26.96 .... priced at $28.95 I'd lose the .37 cents. I'd have to price at $30.95 to just breakeven, while pissing off a lot of people.

So basically my calculation is the ratio of people who want to buy hardbacks but also would be pissed off at the extraordinarily high price. I'm guessing that ratio is too high. In other words, this is a lose lose.
I think $49.99 would be ok for your books. That’s because the people who will buy those will be already familiar with your work and fans.

The complaining cheap asses will just buy the paperback anyway.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think $49.99 would be ok for your books. That’s because the people who will buy those will be already familiar with your work and fans.

The complaining cheap asses will just buy the paperback anyway.
1 million percent agreed. Send it.

You deserve to be paid for your work. If that’s too much for some, they can buy it used.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Bought an upright freezer for $899 in Feb
Dad is buying the same model for $1050 now (October)
16% increase in less than a year
same store, same model.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I've been raising my rents for my residential rentals. Rents are up in my area and I pegging my rents just under the averages.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
CPI the highest as reported in 30 years, since 1990.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Went to get some paint today for a room... they wanted $35 for quart and $60 for a gallon. On top of that, there was a sign that said from now until 12/31/21, there would be a 4% surcharge on all purchases due to "supply chain disruptions"...

Yeah, I've just sent @Kak the CNBC article Inflation has taken away all the wage gains for workers and then some.

Sounds like a great time to print another $1.5 Trillion dollars in worthless money.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I saw a post somewhere of some dudes crypto holdings and it had some comment along the lines of having "144 of the most useless scam coin's he has ever had in his life". The account had $144 USD. I thought it was funny. Funny and accurate.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
If this isn't taken care of now, I would not be surprised if we get to 15%+ interest rates again...
This would make sense, except for the fact that at 15%, the goobs in Washington will be struggling to pay interest on the bloated national debt. And since struggle is for the little people, I doubt they'll be pulling that tool out of their toolbox any time soon.

Instead, the elites are gobbling up hard assets like there's no tomorrow, giving themselves protection from their own policies as our currency becomes increasingly worthless.

But then again, long-term, you're probably right. Eventually, probably after the debt is hyperinflated to oblivion and our economy crashes and burns, we'll see a lot of things we've never seen for a while, including much higher interest rates.

Good times.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Just took every fiat dollar I have, levered it 9:1 on a 5.5% 10 year note - and bought a manufacturing business to complement my existing ecomm/retail business.

$5.5M in play for me, biggest move of my life.
Margins are outstanding, no competition in the US, import shipping prices build a moat around us.

Not trouble free, lots of cultural work to do adding 20 more staff to existing 20...
Should be intense - and a lot of learning.

--
Hopefully hyperinflation will make the debt payments tiny in 18 months (!!) and this will be the best inflation hedge of my life.

Could also lead to fiscal ruin if interest rates explode before I can pay it down.
Only one way to find out. :)

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Just took every fiat dollar I have, levered it 9:1 on a 5.5% 10 year note - and bought a manufacturing business to complement my existing ecomm/retail business.

$5.5M in play for me, biggest move of my life.
Margins are outstanding, no competition in the US, import shipping prices build a moat around us.

Not trouble free, lots of cultural work to do adding 20 more staff to existing 20...
Should be intense - and a lot of learning.

--
Hopefully hyperinflation will make the debt payments tiny in 18 months (!!) and this will be the best inflation hedge of my life.

Could also lead to fiscal ruin if interest rates explode before I can pay it down.
Only one way to find out. :)

This my thought as well, buying 12M worth of real estate at low fixed rate debt and having inflation bite down my payments over time as a hedge against what's going on.

In the back of my mind though, im wondering what the black swan is that I can't see on the board that would ruin that. In a scenario where inflation hedging assets are being bought up because of what is going on, what could come in and make that NOT a good idea?

Curious as to your thoughts, Im doing roughly the same thing you did. 10% down, my assets are fixed long term low interest (sub 4%) and im just trying to lock up as much as I can now. If interest rates explode I feel as though it would crush the existing economy and no one has the balls to do it, but with debt being fixed - all you'd have to do is survive to make the payments...

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
This my thought as well, buying 12M worth of real estate at low fixed rate debt and having inflation bite down my payments over time as a hedge against what's going on.

In the back of my mind though, im wondering what the black swan is that I can't see on the board that would ruin that. In a scenario where inflation hedging assets are being bought up because of what is going on, what could come in and make that NOT a good idea?

Curious as to your thoughts, Im doing roughly the same thing you did. 10% down, my assets are fixed long term low interest (sub 4%) and im just trying to lock up as much as I can now. If interest rates explode I feel as though it would crush the existing economy and no one has the balls to do it, but with debt being fixed - all you'd have to do is survive to make the payments...
Look at what happened around 1980 and 1990. You're using a lot of leverage in your plan.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

A new currency that covers the entire Western Hemisphere, from Brazil to America to Canada. The Eastern Hemisphere would be converted to the Eurasiadollar ... two currencies and no more monetary sovereignty for individual countries.

Your loan would adjust to the new currency which is based on a debt reset and all world governments going insolvent ... for each $100 USD you owe, you now owe $10,000 Ameridollars. The reset will force a lot of private owners to into selling as the USD becomes worthless and new debt ratios are instituted... but don't worry, you'll own nothing, Blackrock will own everything, and you'll be happy.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
A new currency that covers the entire Western Hemisphere, from Brazil to America to Canada. The Eastern Hemisphere would be converted to the Eurasiadollar ... two currencies and no more monetary sovereignty for individual countries.

Your loan would adjust to the new currency which is based on a debt reset and all world governments going insolvent ... for each $100 USD you owe, you now owe $10,000 Ameridollars. The reset will force a lot of private owners to into selling as the USD becomes worthless and new debt ratios are instituted... but don't worry, you'll own nothing, Blackrock will own everything, and you'll be happy.

I cant believe that that would happen. You would essentially have world governments fighting over who would control it (War) and why would the US entertain that when they technically already have the Ameridollar?

I do believe that there will be a massive consolidation amongst assets, its already happening. The divide between the rich and the poor will continue - that's not something that can be stopped at this point, you just have to try and get rich via technology/disruption.

If interest rates cant go up, and MP is to continue increasing our deficit and pouring money into the economy, the govt is inflating a massive bubble amongst assets. How does the government/fed unwind their mistakes at this point where we are beyond the point of ruin?

If they increase interest rates and stop fiscal policy we will go directly into a recession and no one wants to be responsible for that. Does it take someone with the balls to rip the bandaid off or do we live sedated in an economy that continues to increase over the next few decades?

I have a hard time finding the prick of the bubble, where does this lead us and how does it play out in a 5-10 year window. You cant stay still though, you have to put your capital to work because in reality you're probably losing 10-15% due to inflation and you will get priced out of opportunities and we don't know where the ceiling is.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
why would the US entertain that when they technically already have the Ameridollar?

Because the US is run by self-interested idiots who have nothing to lose and are insulated from any repercussions or consequences. Sorry but they aren't working for you or I ... if what I describe above is in their best interests, you can bet they won't have any hesitation at selling out our sovereignty. It will be nicely packaged in "fairness" or "for the children" or whatever other BS the TV-watching populous will gobble up with glee, kinda like they've gobbled up the "10 days to slow the spread" narrative for 2 years...

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Because the US is run by self-interested idiots who have nothing to lose and are insulated from any repercussions or consequences. Sorry but they aren't working for you or I ... if what I describe above is in their best interests, you can bet they won't have any hesitation at selling out our sovereignty. It will be nicely packaged in "fairness" or "for the children" or whatever other BS the TV-watching populous will gobble up with glee, kinda like they've gobbled up the "10 days to slow the spread" narrative for 2 years...

Im not arguing with you on your self interested idiots point. I fully agree. My point is they already have the Ameridollar in your scenario. Canada, Brazil and anyone else on the western hemisphere is just as reliant on our dollar as we are.

Any other currency comes secondary and given the option everyone would still choose the dollar.

My question is, what happens to the economy when the music stops? And what does life look like when it does?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I cant believe that that would happen. You would essentially have world governments fighting over who would control it (War) and why would the US entertain that when they technically already have the Ameridollar?

I do believe that there will be a massive consolidation amongst assets, its already happening. The divide between the rich and the poor will continue - that's not something that can be stopped at this point, you just have to try and get rich via technology/disruption.

If interest rates cant go up, and MP is to continue increasing our deficit and pouring money into the economy, the govt is inflating a massive bubble amongst assets. How does the government/fed unwind their mistakes at this point where we are beyond the point of ruin?

If they increase interest rates and stop fiscal policy we will go directly into a recession and no one wants to be responsible for that. Does it take someone with the balls to rip the bandaid off or do we live sedated in an economy that continues to increase over the next few decades?

I have a hard time finding the prick of the bubble, where does this lead us and how does it play out in a 5-10 year window. You cant stay still though, you have to put your capital to work because in reality you're probably losing 10-15% due to inflation and you will get priced out of opportunities and we don't know where the ceiling is.

I think governments are more interested in sacrificing their citizens than controlling them.

If someone can stand on a soap box and vomit emotional diarrhoea, then "the science" will back up their case and governments will move forwards.

Maybe there is a 9 year old somewhere who can lecture world leaders on the important of a single currency :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.