The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you only had $100

Anything related to matters of the mind

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If I only had $100 I would buy a nice pair of pants and a dress shirt and start applying to jobs...

On second thought, skip the pants. Apply to remote jobs. Interview on Zoom.
Define nice… :rofl:

If you’ve just got $100 burning a hole in your pocket… Buy some silver or some handgun ammunition, put it on a shelf and go back to work.

Very valuable, but kind of a pain in the a$$ to sell which makes it a perfect savings mechanism for someone with only $100.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

In your quest to get rich and live your wildest dreams, there are only 3 categories to put your money into:
1. Education
2. Tools
3. Opportunities (deals)

in reality, these are all just #2, tools.

the quality of your choices - plus your work ethic and effort - will be everything. You only have the options available to you. The rest is up to you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You can always tell people who have no interest in business to free themselves and want to just buy something, sit around, and get rich. It's part of the crypto craze as well.

Why bust my a$$ for asymmetric returns in a business when I can just buy DOGE and chill my way to the penthouse?

If you only have $100 and this is your question, you really should use that $100 to buy a book on priorities.

Nav94

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Dec 7, 2020
If you only had $100 what infrastructure company stock and what sector would you buy?
I would buy All 3 books of Legendary "MJ" and Read then Work my a$$ off till the day, I can purchase stocks for $1,00,000 rather than $100.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
You can always tell people who have no interest in business to free themselves and want to just buy something, sit around, and get rich. It's part of the crypto craze as well.

Why bust my a$$ for asymmetric returns in a business when I can just buy DOGE and chill my way to the penthouse?

If you only have $100 and this is your question, you really should use that $100 to buy a book on priorities.
Even 100 dollar is too ridiculous to get into crypto.

I think 5000 is minimum to get started in crypto alt coins. And need to be lucky in getting the alt coin pumped.

But you are spot on that it attracts people with extremely low disposable income.

I have frequently seen transaction size below 20 dollar as initial investment in alt coin.

What is point in doing that? Spending hours reading white papers and chat with the developer in discord. Get a 5-10x return in six month for your total asset of $500 in the next six month? Literally far better time spent working in Macdonald.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I know a guy who was given the choice of a $150 small bro loan payback or 1 percent equity to a struggling startup that he took and now has a legit multi-million valuation with IPO possibilities and a front seat view to the process, not bad ROI, steals out there!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
If you only had $100 what infrastructure company stock and what sector would you buy?
I wouldn’t brag about it on the internet. Just saying… I shit more $ than that every morning.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Any of them.

You are likely not very smart and will lose at investing no matter what. So it's better to lose $100 and get discouraged and then not waste any more money, instead of investing thousands to still end up at 0.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
If you have $100 that must go into stocks, then FZROX (Fidelity ZERO Total Market Index Fund) or VTI (Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund ETF).

That way, you can wake up every morning and check your account at 9:30am to see that practically nothing has changed. Then you can get on with your life and do things for yourself that will actually make a difference. This should cure your itch in 7 days or less, as you watch your $100 fluctuate wildly between $99 and $101.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I think, in whatever stock you invest 100 $, it will in average hold against inflation.
Interesting would be, what’s your intention to do that.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Even 100 dollar is too ridiculous to get into crypto.

I think 5000 is minimum to get started in crypto alt coins. And need to be lucky in getting the alt coin pumped.

But you are spot on that it attracts people with extremely low disposable income.

I have frequently seen transaction size below 20 dollar as initial investment in alt coin.

What is point in doing that? Spending hours reading white papers and chat with the developer in discord. Get a 5-10x return in six month for your total asset of $500 in the next six month? Literally far better time spent working in Macdonald.

I wouldn't call $100 ridiculous to buy some shitty alt coins in this era, as it's basically the same as buying a lottery ticket. You'll almost certainly lose your money, but there are very rare cases you might also strike gold.

For instance, if our dear OP had put his $100 into Shiba Inu in August 2020, that $100 would be well over $10 million today :smile:

That said, it's not the most prudent path to take.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I wouldn't call $100 ridiculous to buy some shitty alt coins in this era, as it's basically the same as buying a lottery ticket. You'll almost certainly lose your money, but there are very rare cases you might also strike gold.

For instance, if our dear OP had put his $100 into Shiba Inu in August 2020, that $100 would be well over $10 million today :smile:

That said, it's not the most prudent path to take.
But just stories are typical survivorship bias. If you treat as a lottery there is no issue. Nothing more than a lottery. Most people (active in Crypto) only heard about Shiba after it has done it's first 1000x-10000x.

In some ways it could be worst than lottery if you don't play the game that well. Most successful projects are schemed by big money pumping it, doing all sort of things that are illegal in the security market. It creates a false hope that you could even "get it early by luck" but in reality that's almost harder than lottery because at least lottery is fair. Big money create their own "anonymously project" and pump it. INSIDERS are almost more likely to win. A few millionaires working together decide to pump a project they created on Monday, and you wonder if you could happen to know it and buy on Monday before the pump? That's kind of fat hope right.

Last edited:

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
But just stories are typical survivorship bias. If you treat as a lottery there is no issue. Nothing more than a lottery. Most people (active in Crypto) only heard about Shiba after it has done it's first 1000x-10000x.

In some ways it could be worst than lottery if you don't play the game that well. Most successful projects are schemed by big money pumping it, doing all sort of things that are illegal in the security market. It creates a false hope that you could even "get it early by luck" but in reality that's almost harder than lottery because at least lottery is fair. Big money create their own "anonymously project" and pump it. INSIDERS are almost more likely to win. A few millionaires working together decide to pump a project they created on Monday, and you wonder if you could happen to know it and buy on Monday before the pump? That's kind of fat hope right.
I really wonder if there are people who aren't INSIDERS who won this cryptolottery tickets..

Unless you really go 6 feet deep into the topic it seems that when you hear about this "new" crypto coin its always too late..

Also I wonder what the creators get and what role they have in pumping this up

prince1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Sep 8, 2021
You should invest in crypto , I have also less than $100 nearly $70 dollar. I have invested in crypto and now it is $150.
or
You should work on any idea $100 dollar is too much to start something atleast in India many people dosen't have it.

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
Because it's such a small amount of money, it's like not what you only have.

I'd invest in myself (buy some books, some headphones and download audios from YT).

Mindset is key at all stages but investing is not. You invest when you can but you'll never be able to invest if you didn't build your mindset to support and create the wealth to invest in the 1st place.

Too many times I tried to use small amounts of money to "flip" and "hack the system" etc but in the end all of it fails.

Fall in love with the process and get a job to support your living, Create additional ways to earn more money and save that money and then when you have $1000-$10000 saved, start a CENTS business.

It's the mindset and process that are key and once you get that, success is inevitable.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Sometimes amateurs believe they are professionals, but professionals never believe they are amateurs.

Those chasing survivorship bias based crypto, are amateurs. Especially when they don’t even know that’s what they are doing.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I really wonder if there are people who aren't INSIDERS who won this cryptolottery tickets..

Unless you really go 6 feet deep into the topic it seems that when you hear about this "new" crypto coin its always too late..

Also I wonder what the creators get and what role they have in pumping this up
It is possible but just very difficult. Especially when the alpha is eaten up mostly by INSIDERS.

There is actually “pumping traces” right now even in eth and bnb. Even wonder why many top coins are hitting ath but we don’t get feel that it is a bull market (lack of market sentiment?)

It is an “open secret” that the best marketing for a project is rising prices so the money interest behind the project will pump it up first, and hoping that more money will come later.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.