The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Repairs and maintenance to homeowners

Would private homeowners pay for monthly maintenance service and repairs?

• Yes of course

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Hell no it won’t work

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FLdetermined

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 30, 2021
I work for a social housing provider that offers a repairs, maintenance and home improvement service to all the tenants living in the portfolio.
There is no such service for private homeowners.
I want to create a user friendly platform that private homeowners can use that mirrors the service provided to social landlords.
Sounds too good to be true?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
My property management company basically does that for me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I work for a social housing provider that offers a repairs, maintenance and home improvement service to all the tenants living in the portfolio.
There is no such service for private homeowners.
I want to create a user friendly platform that private homeowners can use that mirrors the service provided to social landlords.
Sounds too good to be true?

I think it would work, so much so that I posted the idea as an INE (ideas needing execution) on the INSIDE. The idea didn’t last long and someone purchased it. (The idea then is deleted)

Bottomline, I’d target affluent homeowners who value time for than money. I’d easily pay $xxx a month for someone to visit monthly to change filters, lightbulbs, and other maintenance issues.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
I did post some time ago about homeowner from SF area who couldn’t find an affordable service to fix bathroom faucet without asking to renovate whole bathroom, so there is some need at least.

FLdetermined

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 30, 2021
I think it would work, so much so that I posted the idea as an INE (ideas needing execution) on the INSIDE. The idea didn’t last long and someone purchased it. (The idea then is deleted)

Bottomline, I’d target affluent homeowners who value time for than money. I’d easily pay $xxx a month for someone to visit monthly to change filters, lightbulbs, and other maintenance issues.
That’s great MJ. Thank you for taking the time to consider my idea. The affluent niche is a really interesting USP.
Up to me now to do something with the idea and execute it!
Thanks MJ, loving the books

FLdetermined

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 30, 2021

And out of interest, what’s the INSIDE? How is an idea purchased and deleted? What does that mean? Thanks

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Interesting idea. A lot of people don't have either the time or expertise to do simple repairs and maintenance.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I think it's obvious that they would. Look at lawn care and cleaning - people already pay monthly for these services.

I know tons of people who hire out their landscaping, house cleaning, and pool maintenance every month! These people aren't necessarily rich - they're common! It's a big market in the USA.

Every homeowner is a potential candidate. People who can't afford to pay a couple hundred bucks a month towards home maintenance simply aren't homeowners, in most cases.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
I do this, as a starting point for moving into the commercial space. It's a booking agency; I hire out independent contractors, and the homeowners pay once for several services (ex. full cleanout of rental, plus landscaping, plus pest control). The ICs don't have to chase leads or money, the homeowners don't have to chase or schedule different vendors. I get a % off the top.

Yes, people do it. It's like anything else, though - marketing is king. Followed closely by reputation, which is a factor in hiring ICs. 80% of the clients are for regular housekeeping services, followed by handyman services. Property management companies hire me to outsource their services.

Dan the Man

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 15, 2021
Must be a good idea. If you Google "home maintenance services" you will get many pages of them ready to do your bidding or choose from their list of options. Then there is always Angi.com, where you can go a la cart. Now, if you have an idea that is outside of this "box," or a better way of doing things, you may be on to something good. You could be the next Google of home maintenance services. Good luck with that.

FLdetermined

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 30, 2021
So it’s been 3 months since I first posted my idea and new business proposition. Been busy securing partnership deals with national contractors and have chosen a web designer to partner as tech lead for the website.
I have no idea what I’m doing or in what order I should be doing things, but I know what I want to get to in the end and I’m just pushing hard to move that needle in any way I can!
My next post will show some tangible progress with a link to my site. My primary goal is to achieve just 1 sale within 6 months. I intend to start slow on a regional basis, get a sale, then build a reputation to take the business nationally.
Only small steps so far I know, but I’m so dedicated to make this work I’ll stop at nothing. It’s now an obsession, and it feels great!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.