The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Imagine for a moment if instead of everyone saying “it’s hopeless” and “why bother,” they said “I’m going to do something.”

Seriously, if you have an internal locus of control and believe that your actions have consequences (they do) then you should know that you can make a difference in the world!

That’s what you do in business!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't think we're in disagreement about the fact that change can happen; however, I do have counterpoints for some of your positions.
You have a point, but I have actually seen a difference happen when things get shared repeatedly and spread enough.

In fact, many people have connections with policy makers and can pressure them to do something. I know plenty of people in my state government who can make a difference.

There are 300 million people in the United States, and yet, events are unfolding how they are unfolding. Within all of those possible connections, we are still having this conversation.

It means that a difference is not being made, regardless of these nameless/faceless connections, and regardless of whether or not a difference can be made.

At local levels of politics, it is much easier to see the results of influence in action (but that would also be part of focusing on the community which is what I said at the bottom of my post).

You either believe that you have some influence on the world or you don’t.

This isn't about what we, believe can happen. It is about what is and is not happening. What is happening is a lot of people are saying what they've always said, "someone should do something." What is not happening is that those individuals are doing the "something" that they think someone should do. So nothing is changing away from the path that is already unfolding.

This is indicated by probably thousands of posts on this forum alone complaining about the state of the world, and in particular, the state of the U.S. and certain other countries and global events.

None of this is to say that an individual can't do something or can't influence the state of the world. The question is, who?

Are you that individual? Because if you're not, then you're saying it is up to someone else to solve the problem. It is up to someone else to lead the revolution. It is up to others to create that change, and it is only your job to "believe" that it can happen and to hope that it someday will, and hope that the posts you're sharing happen to reach the right eyes and that the humans behind those eyes happen to care enough to be willing to take on both the burden and risk of challenging the status quo for the sake of what is right, moral, ethical, etc.

My point is that if you are not the individual who is going to take on that responsibility yourself, then you have already decided to leave your fate (with respect to world events) in the hands of others, so you might as well focus on what will improve your life immediately rather than things that you aren't likely to act upon to change even if you can, and even if you know what should be done.

Imagine for a moment if instead of everyone saying “it’s hopeless” and “why bother,” they said “I’m going to do something.”

That's exactly my point. Imagine it. But everybody is not going to do something.

For instance, I am not going to do something about it. I do not care what is going on in politics or with people's health (even if I make jokes about it sometimes).

I help the people closest to me, and I do what I have to to survive, just like most people. Beyond that, the rest of this stuff is largely a world away, so I don't see the point in worrying about it, or spending all of my time thinking about it (although I've spent a good chunk of time responding here haha).

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't think we're in disagreement about the fact that change can happen; however, I do have counterpoints for some of your positions.

There are 300 million people in the United States, and yet, events are unfolding how they are unfolding. Within all of those possible connections, we are still having this conversation.

It means that a difference is not being made, regardless of these nameless/faceless connections, and regardless of whether or not a difference can be made.

At local levels of politics, it is much easier to see the results of influence in action (but that would also be part of focusing on the community which is what I said at the bottom of my post).

This isn't about what we, believe can happen. It is about what is and is not happening. What is happening is a lot of people are saying what they've always said, "someone should do something." What is not happening is that those individuals are doing the "something" that they think someone should do. So nothing is changing away from the path that is already unfolding.

This is indicated by probably thousands of posts on this forum alone complaining about the state of the world, and in particular, the state of the U.S. and certain other countries and global events.

None of this is to say that an individual can't do something or can't influence the state of the world. The question is, who?

Are you that individual? Because if you're not, then you're saying it is up to someone else to solve the problem. It is up to someone else to lead the revolution. It is up to others to create that change, and it is only your job to "believe" that it can happen and to hope that it someday will, and hope that the posts you're sharing happen to reach the right eyes and that the humans behind those eyes happen to care enough to be willing to take on both the burden and risk of challenging the status quo for the sake of what is right, moral, ethical, etc.

My point is that if you are not the individual who is going to take on that responsibility yourself, then you have already decided to leave your fate (with respect to world events) in the hands of others, so you might as well focus on what will improve your life immediately rather than things that you aren't likely to act upon to change even if you can, and even if you know what should be done.

That's exactly my point. Imagine it. But everybody is not going to do something.

For instance, I am not going to do something about it. I do not care what is going on in politics or with people's health (even if I make jokes about it sometimes).

I help the people closest to me, and I do what I have to to survive, just like most people. Beyond that, the rest of this stuff is largely a world away, so I don't see the point in worrying about it, or spending all of my time thinking about it (although I've spent a good chunk of time responding here haha).
I think you're overthinking it.

You don't need to go run for President to make a difference.

I personally know my representatives, I attend local political fundraising events, I write letters to my congressmen (and have actually gotten replies and had them show up to vote on bills that mattered that they may have otherwise ignored), I have shared things on social media that have gone viral and helped thousands of people notice something happening that 99% of people don't understand (like the $600 bank rules or the stupid "unrealized" capital gains tax idea) etc. etc.

There is so much you as an individual can do to influence the world!!

It seems like people here think you are either the dictator in charge or you are worthless with no influence ??

Grassroots pressure is real. The "meme war" of 2016 was real (lol - it worked), letters to the editor of a newspaper are real, YouTube channels are real, blogs are real, there is so, so, so, so much that a person can do to make a difference that there is no reason to be defeatist.

I know you personally don't think it matters enough to take action and think it's so far away, and that's totally fine and I get it, but I am posting here to encourage everyone reading to do the following:

- Speak up, don't hide your opinions on things that truly matter (like I dunno, the state of global tyranny we all seem to keep noticing)
- Keep it simple (focus on specific issues at hand - like why you are against X policy or voting no on Proposition _, not trying to bring about some grand Anarcho-capitalist vision - or any other grand, way out there vision for that matter)
- Take realistic actions (write to your congressman, put a letter in the newspaper)
- Remember that ACTIONS HAVE RIPPLE EFFECTS and that talking to ONE PERSON in real life can change the world.

That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I think you're overthinking it.

You don't need to go run for President to make a difference.

I personally know my representatives, I attend local political fundraising events, I write letters to my congressmen (and have actually gotten replies and had them show up to vote on bills that mattered that they may have otherwise ignored), I have shared things on social media that have gone viral and helped thousands of people notice something happening that 99% of people don't understand (like the $600 bank rules or the stupid "unrealized" capital gains tax idea) etc. etc.

There is so much you as an individual can do to influence the world!!

It seems like people here think you are either the dictator in charge or you are worthless with no influence ??

Grassroots pressure is real. The "meme war" of 2016 was real (lol - it worked), letters to the editor of a newspaper are real, YouTube channels are real, blogs are real, there is so, so, so, so much that a person can do to make a difference that it's silly and defeatist.

I know you personally don't think it matters enough to take action and think it's so far away, and that's totally fine and I get it, but I am posting here to encourage everyone reading to do the following:

- Speak up, don't hide your opinions on things that truly matter (like I dunno, the state of global tyranny we all seem to keep noticing)
- Keep it simple (focus on specific issues at hand - like why you are against X policy or voting no on Proposition _, not trying to bring about some grand Anarcho-capitalist vision)
- Take realistic actions (write to your congressman, put a letter in the newspaper)
- Remember that ACTIONS HAVE RIPPLE EFFECTS and that talking to ONE PERSON in real life can change the world.

That is all.

I think we are saying the same things just in different language.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
4EE16BE1-FFDA-48E8-98A4-71BAD6B6010B.jpeg

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Yes but I'm directing this message out to everyone not at you! Don't worry about it.

I have advocated for things in the past that meant something to me and have had good results in doing so.

With this coflu shit I have gotten nowhere to be honest.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I have advocated for things in the past that meant something to me and have had good results in doing so.

With this coflu shit I have gotten nowhere to be honest.
I know. Keep trying.

Remember, Southwest Airlines had pilots go on strike, and that directly made the CEO change their vax policy.

You have to pay close attention to see the wins, because the media and politicians want to sweep your wins under the rug.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I know. Keep trying.

Remember, Southwest Airlines had pilots go on strike, and that directly made the CEO change their vax policy.

You have to pay close attention to see the wins, because the media and politicians want to sweep your wins under the rug.
You see though… There are two kinds of wins. Collective wins and individual wins.

Individual wins directly affect your life. Ex- I get a big new client that allows me more financial flexibility and the ability to occasionally fly privately.

Collective wins… So Southwest Airlines decided to let their pilots not get vaxinated when it shouldn’t have been an argument in the first place. Why does this matter to me and my family? It doesn’t.

Politics and collectivist wins aren’t the answer to problems in this world. Individual ingenuity and free thought is. I’m never going to get excited about the red slaughter house even though it’s preferable to the blue one.

Where should I put my focus? On the slaughterhouse (a wildly wasteful existence) or on my house?

Want more freedom? Make more money and buy more guns and ammo. He with the most guns and money has the most freedom.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
You see though… There are two kinds of wins. Collective wins and individual wins.

Individual wins directly affect your life. Ex- I get a big new client that allows me more financial flexibility and the ability to occasionally fly privately.

Collective wins… So Southwest Airlines decided to let their pilots not get vaxinated when it shouldn’t have been an argument in the first place. Why does this matter to me and my family? It doesn’t.

Politics and collectivist wins aren’t the answer to problems in this world. Individual ingenuity and free thought is. I’m never going to get excited about the red slaughter house even though it’s preferable to the blue one.

Where should I put my focus? On the slaughterhouse or on my house?

Want more freedom? Make more money and buy more guns and ammo. He with the most guns and money has the most freedom.
And this is why you'll never become a politician @Kak and exactly why @thechosen1 will run for office soon.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
And this is why you'll never become a politician @Kak and exactly why @thechosen1 will run for office soon.
Thank God. Because everyone tells me I am going to be some politician as if that is something I should want.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
In many ways running for office is a distraction from doing the work that will make a difference.
I have danced with this devil... First in business, and later in a strong consideration for a congressional run... The powers that be all but begged me to do it. I could win. And thinking purely of my family and what that means for us, it might have been a fantastic decision to have that type of influence. It would have secured the Keegan family for generations to come as an influential and powerful family. A massive temptation.

Selling all of the businesses and moving to DC... I would even be independently wealthy while I did it so the money wasn't the problem either.

The real problem is that I am a maker and not a taker, and politics, at every level, takes from the productive.

@Andy Black nailed it.

And @thechosen1 you know that you and I pretty much agree on politics. We are both very right wing. I think we just see the how differently. Which is ok.

I am FAR from complacent on things that directly affect myself and family. I am also far from complacent on my actions to gain freedom for myself and family. The how is different though. My ability to gain the tax freedom I want for instance lies with me, not government. A choice to go where I am treated better as a producer. I will be rotting in the ground before America decides to keep a 4% federal taxation level for more than 10 years.

I view America as a country on the verge of civil war and I don't want to fight for either side. I want to fight for the Keegan family.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have danced with this devil... First in business, and later in a strong consideration for a congressional run... The powers that be all but begged me to do it. I could win. And thinking purely of my family and what that means for us, it might have been a fantastic decision to have that type of influence. It would have secured the Keegan family for generations to come as an influential and powerful family. A massive temptation.

Selling all of the businesses and moving to DC... I would even be independently wealthy while I did it so the money wasn't the problem either.

The real problem is that I am a maker and not a taker, and politics, at every level, takes from the productive.

@Andy Black nailed it.

And @thechosen1 you know that you and I pretty much agree on politics. We are both very right wing. I think we just see the how differently. Which is ok.

I am FAR from complacent on things that directly affect myself and family. I am also far from complacent on my actions to gain freedom for myself and family. The how is different though. My ability to gain the tax freedom I want for instance lies with me, not government. A choice to go where I am treated better as a producer. I will be rotting in the ground before America decides to keep a 4% federal taxation level for more than 10 years.

I view America as a country on the verge of civil war and I don't want to fight for either side. I want to fight for the Keegan family.
A somewhat related story:

Last month I got an email from the Local Enterprise Office (LEO) for the county I live in. It listed all the heavily subsidised courses that businesses in my county can avail of in the next few months.

I skimmed the list and saw loads of social media courses, yet nothing about Google Ads. I was surprised at this omission as I'm fairly sure Google Ads will work better for some businesses than Instagram, Snapchat, or Tiktok.

I reminded myself of the Mother Theresa quote in my signature and reached out to the LEO.

It turns out I have to register with a government website as a potential supplier of services, then wait for the next LEO request for tender before they'll select a mentor who can supply Google Ads training.

And I was told the next request for tender will be in December 2022.

"Feck that" I thought. "I'll do it myself."

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
This part of the forum is for rants, so I get it, and this post isn't to personally challenge you, so I hope it doesn't come across that way.

I just don't see the point in any of us spending time thinking about this. Messages like this get shared every day - here, on Facebook, on podcasts. With the exception of telling people to "think about it" or to "wake up," they always leave out the call-to-action.

• What do you think should be done about this?

• What should any specific person do about this?

• If this is so important to you, what are you going to do about this?

Faceless people ranting doesn't stop faceless machines from stealing.

This post isn't from anger, but curiosity.

I don't understand the value in putting your time and energy into things that you have no control over, don't have solutions for, and aren't likely to act upon even if a clear action (beyond signing petitions that disappear into the wind) becomes known.

I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that these manifestos are intended to motivate someone to act. But who? And what action? Do weapons come out? Do buildings explode? Do people die? Because in wars, people die, and it isn't pretty.

Usually, when people go to war, there is, at least, a perceived clear enemy. In a faceless system, who is the enemy? Who are you after? Who do you act upon?

And if the answer is that there is no clear answer, then what is the point in ranting to wake people up about the actions that they should take upon unknown entities when no organized group exists to back up these would-be freedom fighters, and no leader has emerged to give those people direction?

Everyone wants everyone else to wake up to this invisible tyranny and do something about it. Nobody steps forward to lead - to rally the woken toward some purpose, some act of change. Nobody takes those actions upon their own shoulders. To do so almost certainly leads to one of these outcomes:

1. Prison
  2. Death

Lacking a clear enemy, direction, and motivation, to me, it seems that the most sensible action anyone can take is to stop spending their time thinking about how bad the world is, and start spending their time learning how to survive in it going forward.

Focus on your business. Your escape plan. Your contingencies. Your family. Your belief systems. Your community. Your personal sense of enjoyment and wonder and helping those around you to achieve that too.

Those are things you can affect change on now.

Maybe I'm naive, or maybe I'm just missing something, but I've never understood the purpose in worrying about things that I'm very unlikely to change, or act upon, even if I thought I knew how that change should come about.
I chose to share it here because some of the people here have demonstrated their ability to change their environment and change outcomes, and many prefer to be prepared for major disasters if they come. Also because if this becomes law it presages the end of wealth building, and this is a forum about wealth building.

I don't usually share 'political' things. However, this is not so much political as an observation of cause and effect, and an important trend. The assumption that I don't take actions other than sharing posts would be wrong. I come from a risk background; I'll be as prepared as I need to be. Making other people aware of things can be important in the mitigation of disasters, and being prepared for disasters can also be important to each individual. Therefore, I wanted people here to know. Those are my motivations. It's not political, it's purely practical.

If you want my advice about actions... well, if the political process truly fails to check politicians who are stepping over their boundaries, learn to grow beans and raise chickens for eggs. The rest you can discover by reading history.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
You have a point, but I have actually seen a difference happen when things get shared repeatedly and spread enough.

In fact, many people have connections with policy makers and can pressure them to do something. I know plenty of people in my state government who can make a difference.

To me, this is a lot like entrepreneurship.

Why do people here believe it’s possible to get rich and change your future but not possible to influence the direction of policy?

Both are possible through action.

You either believe that you have some influence on the world or you don’t.

I would think everyone here would know that they can, in fact, have influence on the world around them.
Yes, this. Where is our locus of control?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yes, this. Where is our locus of control?
I’m definitely going to disagree on the locus of control thing. As someone that has spent years of his life wrapped around the axle about politics… Giving a damn about political hypocrisy, the opinion of Fox News pundits, and longing for better was the most external locus activity I ever engaged in.

Voting along side of a bunch of people intending to plunder me just legitimizes their claim to my production. I’m my own person. Not a republicrat or communist. I will do what’s right for my family.

And before someone says, “but you should care more about this stuff because it matters” caring and $3.50 will buy me a cup of coffee. Yes this stuff affects me, but I affect me more. If I hit my wits end… I leave.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

@Andy Black nailed it.

Yep it's funny how they get us with this. I wrote a bit of state law, and some administrative code, once. I did it because the old law was stupid, out of date, and being abused to prevent competition, and that affected me. Unfortunately, the people attracted to the political sphere overwhelmingly see everyone else as a source of power and revenue... that's a Jedi level problem for a different group though.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I’m definitely going to disagree on the locus of control thing. As someone that has spent years of his life wrapped around the axle about politics… Giving a damn about political hypocrisy, the opinion of Fox News pundits, and longing for better was the most external locus activity I ever engaged in.

Voting along side of a bunch of people intending to plunder me just legitimizes their claim to my production. I’m my own person. Not a republicrat or communist. I will do what’s right for my family.

And before someone says, “but you should care more about this stuff because it matters” caring and $3.50 will buy me a cup of coffee. Yes this stuff affects me, but I affect me more. If I hit my wits end… I leave.
Planning your enterprise around the fallout is also internal locus of control. It doesn't matter whether you spend time on the political mechanism or the business risk mitigation, or both. You're exercising control by allocating attention and resources to what you believe is the best answer, given the situation.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Planning your enterprise around the fallout is also internal locus of control. It doesn't matter whether you spend time on the political mechanism or the business risk mitigation, or both. You're exercising control by allocating attention and resources to what you believe is the best answer, given the situation.
Totally agree on that.

I actually have a lot of this type of stuff on my plate.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
It's important to have principles, but it's more important to know when to violate those principles.

I'm not talking about simply being weak and failing to live up to them - I'm saying that it's important to acknowledge things that you value more than your principles.

IE being against violence until someone threatens your family and you find that a paint can indeed be a lethal weapon.

1635291941656.png

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I’m curious what effect becoming a dad had on your views.

Also… I love your line:

"Yes this stuff affects me, but I affect me more."

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Kinda funny how Youtube just decided to go YOLO with their ad income and just 2-3X the amount of ads on everything.

I used to see one or two ads in a full session. Now I see 1-2 ads per video.

The user experience is way worse but I guess they don't care at this stage - they are cashing in big time.

Id love to see the 2021 figures, they probably doubled this.

Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 14.31.29.png

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Kinda funny how Youtube just decided to go YOLO with their ad income and just 2-3X the amount of ads on everything.

I used to see one or two ads in a full session. Now I see 1-2 ads per video.

Id love to see the 2021 figures, they probably doubled this.

View attachment 40504

Lately, they spam non-skippable Google Fi ads. I get so pissed off every time I'm forced to watch one. It's their platform and they can do what they want, but F*ck off with the Google Fi ads. I hate your song!!

(I hate that I just promoted them by sharing that here)

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Man Amazon can go suck a lemon. They make it freaking impossible to order a damn kindle book (Great Rat Race Escape ) without their bloody "1 click" BS. I don't want to use my business CC for this! It is freaking impossible to turn that shit off. I even have "disable one click everywhere" selected, and it still shows up and wont even let me modify my freaking payment method.

So if you have a kindle purchase and return, and then purchase again, I am sorry MJ. I guess I need to go in and change my default payment to something else, and see if that works. Freaking Amazon. Thanks for making my life easy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.