The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why does MJ tell the truth? Lying would make him more money.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Mr. Demarco

How did you create this website? Did you use visual studio code to do it? And what programming language did you use as well?

The quickest way to have any high-value person ignore you is to ask them stuff you can find in less than a minute on Google...

Screenshot 2021-10-06 at 16.37.51.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

David Borodin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 1, 2021
This thread is a classic tale of “one too many”.

When you ask a favor/question of someone it’s best it know when to bow out - by going back for seconds and then thirds you are just putting yourself in the “value taker” box.

Good approach:
- Ask question
- Get response
- Thanks then and if it’s actionable advice put it into action
- Come back later and show then it helped you get results and thank them again
- And/or do them something that improves their life or business in some way to over return the favor

The wrong way:
- ask one question
- get response
- ask another
- get response (maybe)
- ask another
- probably have burned the connection by now
- try asking even more questions
- now youre on the ignore list

Id really work on this - if you are doing it on these forums you are probably doing it with lots of other great possible connections too.
You know what, this is very helpful. Thank you, sir!
I will use this instead of my old way of asking.
I just have a lots of questions, I really want to learn more.

AsherS

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Aug 31, 2011
Lenoir City, TN
Time is priceless and I wouldn't swap my life for a billion pounds (I'm British). One day you might realise that beyond a certain point more money is just a number. Having more of something that you have enough of doesn't improve your life; it won't buy you more time or pleasure (although wealthy people do live longer). Money brings you choices and freedom unless you become a slave to it. A billionaire who spends all their time trying to earn more money is still a slave to money and hasn't escaped the rat race.
@Cameraman that was a well written, powerful paragraph.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

This thread is a classic tale of “one too many”.

When you ask a favor/question of someone it’s best it know when to bow out - by going back for seconds and then thirds you are just putting yourself in the “value taker” box.

Good approach:
- Ask question
- Get response
- Thanks then and if it’s actionable advice put it into action
- Come back later and show then it helped you get results and thank them again
- And/or do them something that improves their life or business in some way to over return the favor

The wrong way:
- ask one question
- get response
- ask another
- get response (maybe)
- ask another
- probably have burned the connection by now
- try asking even more questions
- now youre on the ignore list

Id really work on this - if you are doing it on these forums you are probably doing it with lots of other great possible connections too.
This is hard to learn and I'm guessing the OP is young (?).

I've been in that camp in the past and it's good to be a curious listener - much better than a talker and blabberer who doesn't know anything on their subject - but it is the next level to show some restraint with all the questions.

To OP, I totally get it. @Fox is right though. Maybe this is will be a good learning experience!

(Just saw your reply and like I said, totally get it! It's good that you are so eager to learn and ask questions - it is a lot better than being an inexperienced know-it-all. But now you know!)

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Easy to pile on the (likely) young and inexperienced, but we've all been there.

Recall when I was first starting out in my niche for my business, I must have looked like a complete fool asking the most redundant questions to busy and important people who took time out of their day to talk to me. After enough ignoring, I realized that like Fox said, I needed to apply the work and come back with a tangible problem they could assist with or offer insight on. It's made all the difference in the world when it comes to building a contact list and especially when you are starting from absolutely nothing in an industry you know little about (my situation).

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You know what, this is very helpful. Thank you, sir!
I will use this instead of my old way of asking.
I just have a lots of questions, I really want to learn more.

Understandable and as a beginner it can seem that “just a few more questions” answered is all you need to get winning but it really isn’t.

At EVERY stage there will be questions so to succeed you need to develop the skills now of being a self starter. A question here or there is fine but when people see that your first move is to just ask another questions - that’s different.

No successful person is going to entertain that and it quickly spoils connections/relationships. You can get feedback from people but try show you are always going to be doing the best you can on your side first before you just come to them.

Anyway we have all been there - hopefully a good lesson learned. The forums are amazingly powerful but it’s also not a question answering machine either - take what’s here already and show you are taking that action. Or just go see if you can come up with an answer yourself and then ask for feedback here after doing some work.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
this thread is why i love this community .... everyone trying to help those back down the road / mountain ..... sometimes with love, sometimes with tough love, sometimes with thought ...... good stuff

@David Borodin convince yourself and focus there. Become the example to others. No need to explain yourself to anyone. Show them by results. You got this!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Come back later and show them it helped you get results
This! This is so rare that when it happens they’ll be bowled over.

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
As another method to approach people that you want advice from, I once got a message from some young guy on Linkedin who wrote he wanted to learn from me and be under my guidance (because of some big accomplishment of mine he was aware of), and asked to give him an assignment.

I replied I needed to find more people to interview for a particular project, just a random thing I needed at that moment. He disappeared... then in a month reappeared and reported that he found thirty people who were willing to speak to me, and whether that was enough.

As you may imagine, I got speechless and treated him seriously and gave him whatever advice I could ever since. Especially since he never asked for more than one thing per month and from my perspective, I got more out of knowing him than I had put in.

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
Da-gum what a introduction! welcome to the fast lane :D

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Because I remember struggling as a 20 year old and being taken advantage of by every "guru" who claimed to be rich and financially successful. If you're so wealthy, then why the $1,999 seminar and the $5,999 coaching program? Can't I just buy your book for ten bucks, and if I get nothing out of it, I won't need to file bankruptcy a month later?

That said, I was looking at a podcast question list for one of my upcoming interviews, and one of the questions was, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" It was a question I couldn't answer because I was already there at my 5 and 10 year vision.

I live exactly how I want to live, where I want, how I want, etc.

There is no future year vision because it is already my reality. The only thing I would change are things I can't directly control -- it would be nice if more people would read my work and learn how to escape this shitty 5-for-2, wait for fifty-years existence everyone has been sold into. But then again, most people love their slavery in exchange for some mindnumbing game on their smartphone and a dumb Sunday football game that has ZERO impact on their life, other than to distract them from their mundane existence.
Why do you think it's so rare in this space though? There are a lot of big time successful entrepreneurs who could do exactly what you did but didn't. So kudos to you MJ.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.