The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Is there a way of registering domains for cheap ? I want to go on a website creation spree and would prefer not to pay $ 9-15 per domain ...

Thanks a lot !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Is anybody else frustrated by their stock brokerage account including deposits as gains and withdrawals as losses?

The statistics for my account make no sense.

So F'ing stupid.
Yep. It’s annoying. I’ll have a down day on every asset and the account goes up and I’m like WTH?

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
Is anybody else frustrated by their stock brokerage account including deposits as gains and withdrawals as losses?

So F'ing stupid.

There should be a "time weighted return" somewhere in the system that accounts for deposits & withdrawls. Unless you are using some mickey mouse broker.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

So F'ing stupid.
That is why I keep a separate Excel sheet to record all transactions.
I use this one from Investment Moats. It even accounts for dividends and share splits:

There should be a "time weighted return" somewhere in the system that accounts for deposits & withdrawls. Unless you are using some mickey mouse broker.
More like '1990s stone-age' broker lol.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I just watched Grammarly ad.
Part of it is about guy who wants to become a teacher.
He has a problem finding words for his thesis.

"Being a teacher", "not able to find words".

It's seems like they're poking fun of teachers.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

That is why I keep a separate Excel sheet to record all transactions.
I use this one from Investment Moats. It even accounts for dividends and share splits:

More like '1990s stone-age' broker lol.
I actually use one of the modern, most popular brokers that’s been mentioned here. They still suck! Lol

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Quick question:
What do you after you are done with your tasks everyday apart from family time?

So it's been 2 hours I finished my work, and I am sitting at one place doing nothing.
2 days ago, I rewrote my WHY and refocused myself more to remove distraction and time consuming activities. So I have ditched reading fiction novel, manga and games.
I use to do them 2-3 hours daily.

Now that I have left them, I don't know what to do. These 3 were my only entertainment and personal enjoyment thing from last 7 years.

Feeling awkward while sitting and doing nothing since 2 days after completing the day's work

What do you guys do for enjoyment? Might pick your activity.

PS: never in my life I played any sport so you know what not to suggest.

Tagging you guys for fun. Though it's bad to tag and disturb others.

@ZCP, @MJ DeMarco @Roz @Rabby @Andy Black

G

Guest-5ty5s4

View attachment 39883

Saw this facebook post and commented "the millionaire Fastlane " in 5 seconds.

Then while checking the comments, found the comments by my last job manager and my team leader.

What do you think about their comments?
Buy calls on Shopify, load up on Bitcoin, etc! Haha.

But those only work in reverse, in real life we shouldn’t act as gamblers. Your comment is better.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Was MailCheat(Chimp) acquired for $12B by Intuit?

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
I don't know the amount, but I got an email from the CEO of MailCheat(Chimp) announcing the acquisition. I was like, "Wow, nice fastlane, Ben Chestnut!"

Looks like this is the press release:
https://www.investors.intuit.com/ne...tuit-to-Acquire-MailCheat(Chimp)/default.aspx

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Quick question:

So it's been 2 hours I finished my work, and I am sitting at one place doing nothing.
2 days ago, I rewrote my WHY and refocused myself more to remove distraction and time consuming activities. So I have ditched reading fiction novel, manga and games.

Now that I have left them, I don't know what to do. These 3 were my only entertainment and personal enjoyment thing from last 7 years.

Feeling awkward while sitting and doing nothing since 2 days after completing the day's work

I once moved into an amazing apartment in Dublin and refused to have a TV. I caught myself about to complain I had too much time in the evening.

It’s amazing when all household chores and cleaning are done in the week. It also meant my weekend was completely free. I remember that time fondly.

I also remember the shock of becoming a parent and having NO time. I’d boil the kettle six times just to make one cup of tea. Other parents know what I’m talking about.

As for now, when everyone’s gone to bed and the house is quiet, I chip away at my business … doing stuff I find fascinating. Like figuring out how to record, edit and publish videos and courses. Figuring out paid email newsletters, YouTube, Twitter, etc. You see me write it up in the forum.

During the day I take a break from work by logging into the forum and checking notifications, then logging straight back out again.

I used to be pretty fit. I’ve not figured out how to add fitness back into my day.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Quick question:

I block time for workouts / fitness
Time for date night, poker, time w/ friends
Time to think
Time to catch up with friends, mentors, mentees, mastermind groups, dicking around on reddit
Make sure your sleep (especially deep sleep) is on point
Any extra time goes into reading / studying / training / working on my big 3

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
I block time for workouts / fitness
Time for date night, poker, time w/ friends
Time to think
Time to catch up with friends, mentors, mentees, mastermind groups, dicking around on reddit
Make sure your sleep (especially deep sleep) is on point
Any extra time goes into reading / studying / training / working on my big 3
So you suggesting that it's ok to play games etc if I block time for that and do at that specific time?

Thanks for the other insights. I will block time for friends, spouse, groups.
Already have blocked time for business, health and learning.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@BlackMagician Try this .... give yourself some credit.
Aren't you crushing it? Aren't you making progress?
Your brain needs a break. Just don't turn it into a 4 hour chill session every single day and accomplish nothing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a cool exercise for you:
The DONE FOR THE DAY list

write down 3 to 5 tasks that will get you closer to your goals
.... not weak a$$ shit like 'do research'
.... specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, timely (SMART) shit

get those MF DONE!!!!
when you do........ you are DONE for the day. go play. have fun. relax. all while knowing you crushed it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what will your life look like when you do this for 30 days??

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
View attachment 39883

Saw this facebook post and commented "the millionaire Fastlane " in 5 seconds.

Then while checking the comments, found the comments by my last job manager and my team leader.

What do you think about their comments?
Manjo Nair = having money doesn't help if you're dead
Another business.
14million users, assume $14 per month, $168 ARPU.
$12B/(14m*$168)= x5.1

So five time yearly revenue.
Without profits that doesn't say much.
Might be overpriced, might be competitive buy out.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
So you suggesting that it's ok to play games etc if I block time for that and do at that specific time?

@BlackMagician Try this .... give yourself some credit.
Aren't you crushing it? Aren't you making progress?
Your brain needs a break. Just don't turn it into a 4 hour chill session every single day and accomplish nothing.
What ZCP says.

Its counter intuitive but
a few times i got ideas "after" i unwinded by watching some TV.
When you put enough problems onto your brain
it can be solving them while you are occupied
with something else.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
write down 3 to 5 tasks that will get you closer to your goals
.... not weak a$$ shit like 'do research'
.... specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, timely (SMART) shit
I do this. Every day I have 4-5 big goals, that divides into smaller tasks and at the end of the day I complete all or most of them.

Thanks for pointing this out. So If I crush things it's ok to do chilling and games for like 1 hour?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I do this. Every day I have 4-5 big goals, that divides into smaller tasks and at the end of the day I complete all or most of them.

Thanks for pointing this out. So If I crush things it's ok to do chilling and games for like 1 hour?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Quick question:

Do you live in Mumbai as your profile indicates? What's world-class or at least pretty good around there?

For example, if I lived in, say, Hawaii, I'd pick surfing (LOL that's obviously a very biased answer). If I lived in, for example, Switzerland, I'd focus on hiking or climbing. If I lived in Egypt by the sea, I'd learn scuba diving. These are all sports so maybe that doesn't work for you so other ideas include:
  • learn how to cook,
  • create art,
  • learn photography,
  • become the expert of your area (this can actually become a source of fun side income),
  • develop any of the "tough guy"/James Bond skills (shooting, survival skills, martial arts, auto racing).
I'd strongly suggest something that you can do outside because home-based activities are IMO rarely as immersive and addictive as heading out somewhere specifically to practice something. It's also helpful when you do this activity with other people and develop bonds with them.

SharpeningBlade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
May 26, 2021
San Francisco, CA
Is there a way of registering domains for cheap ? I want to go on a website creation spree and would prefer not to pay $ 9-15 per domain ...

Thanks a lot !

You can get a .xyz domain for like $1. A .com is going to run you around $7-8+ on most registries. Keep in mind people shell out thousands or even millions of dollars for a good domain. Cars.com was purchased for $872 million, for example, which is the most expensive domain ever sold.

There are free options that will generate a subdomain for you, such as Github Pages, Heroku or Digital Ocean. As far as paid domain registries, Namecheap is a great option.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Per the discussion in the last episode... iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max

Stop patting yourself on the back because you have a 6 year old iphone 7 with a broken screen, a battery that lasts until noon, that drops half of all your calls... When people say "i dOnT cArE aboUT phOneS," I translate that to, "its ok to suck a little." It isn't.

Get rid of that piece of utter garbage and get the newest baddest a$$ thing, and start using it. The 13 just dropped today. This is your connection to the entire business world. Everyone you would ever want to do business with has a phone number.

$1100 is really nothing for such capability. I will order one on Friday when they open for orders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
rant

I don't have an HR person at the office, instead I outsource our hiring needs to the most respected recruitment agency we know for our industry. Think "The best!". Very expensive. I pay 27% of Salary + Projected Bonus for the year in fees.

We are growing and need to add more bodies. They "the Best" generated a job description and it was the most generic, mind numbingly boring, commodity type posting I've ever seen. Think copy/paste of every job posting you read and forgot before you finished reading. Saying this "this is fantastic opportunity to be part of a dynamic growth-orientated business"

When was the last time you DIDN'T see this in a job posting?

Why does everyone suck so F*cking much? Why do we as entrepreneurs end up doing so much of everyone else jobs? I am so annoyed by not having better help out there. It's an opportunity for someone to come in and be killing it. I have no interest in this type of business just annoyed.

/rant

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Per the discussion in the last episode... iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max

Stop patting yourself on the back because you have a 6 year old iphone 7 with a broken screen, a battery that lasts until noon, that drops half of all your calls... When people say "i dOnT cArE aboUT phOneS," I translate that to, "its ok to suck a little." It isn't.

Get rid of that piece of utter garbage and get the newest baddest a$$ thing, and start using it. The 13 just dropped today. This is your connection to the entire business world. Everyone you would ever want to do business with has a phone number.

$1100 is really nothing for such capability. I will order one on Friday when they open for orders.
Lol. Guilty as charged - kinda. I have an iPhone 5SE... because it fits in my damn pocket. It works fine still, and I can run my business from it (plus a wee laptop).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
rant

I don't have an HR person at the office, instead I outsource our hiring needs to the most respected recruitment agency we know for our industry. Think "The best!". Very expensive. I pay 27% of Salary + Projected Bonus for the year in fees.

We are growing and need to add more bodies. They "the Best" generated a job description and it was the most generic, mind numbingly boring, commodity type posting I've ever seen. Think copy/paste of every job posting you read and forgot before you finished reading. Saying this "this is fantastic opportunity to be part of a dynamic growth-orientated business"

When was the last time you DIDN'T see this in a job posting?

Why does everyone suck so f*cking much? Why do we as entrepreneurs end up doing so much of everyone else jobs? I am so annoyed by not having better help out there. It's an opportunity for someone to come in and be killing it. I have no interest in this type of business just annoyed.

/rant
@PACE

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lol. Guilty as charged - kinda. I have an iPhone 5SE... because it fits in my damn pocket. It works fine still, and I can run my business from it (plus a wee laptop).
Get the 13 mini then and get it on Friday. The 5SE has got to be a huge piece of crap at this point. :rofl:

I am an a**hole about this, but I get a new phone every year and I can’t believe I had such a crusty old phone once I get hands on the new one. It spends hours a day in my hand, getting stuff done. 85% of my work is done from my phone.

I also am on the phone 3-4 hours per day minimum. That burns up some battery. It doesn’t just chill in my pocket. I put it through its paces.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.