The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The big recession. What a waste

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Many of you know the story of success and collapse that I went through. Well, I just did some quick math on what I would have had minus the collapse.

1,300 apartment units
200,000 per unit at todays pricing
260,000,000 valuation

This is assuming that i did not buy or sell anything. Just simply held...

I try not to look back. Ouch!

:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Yup, my wife and I aborted a purchase that we were in the middle of when the pandemic started. Hind site.....ewww. We held the other four properties, so all was not lost.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

and here I go feeling guilty about playing a few hands wrong at the poker table costing me a couple Benjamins.
It is all relative, only compare yourself to who you were yesterday!

@SteveO thats awesome, you’re a doer and a striver and you’re still sitting pretty through it all!

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Many of you know the story of success and collapse that I went through. Well, I just did some quick math on what I would have had minus the collapse.

1,300 apartment units
260,000,000 valuation

The valuation would be only be if you sold right now though. Who knows what will happen when the everything bubble pops, could be the biggest drop in prices ever.

Mainstream media says housing prices aren't included in the bubble, which makes me think the opposite.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Yup, my wife and I aborted a purchase that we were in the middle of when the pandemic started. Hind site.....ewww. We held the other four properties, so all was not lost.
Don't worry too much about it, remember one of the principals taught in TFM/Unscripted . You generally want to do the opposite of what people are doing. Many slowlaners have been rushing to buy houses since the pandemic started. You're good

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

1,300 apartment units
260,000,000 valuation

Would have... Should have... Could have...

I too have lost a lot in the several business and RE cycles over the last 45 years... And then there was that nasty , but unexpected, divorce -- when my husband (at that time) came home from his business trip and said... There was that awful moment when I had to decide between my business and taking care of my mom when she was dying...

It is, what it is. I must accept the downs as part of the normal cycle. You and I both play Monopoly with real money every day of our lives. That means that we are taking calculated risks -- built into our every decision. I'm sure you too work on upping your odds in every situation.

When we win, we are also depositing to our '"anti-chance account" -- the reality that at some point we will loose at something, in equal measure. We both know that the rules of playing the odds are set in one stark reality. Wins and losses over time are equal. We can see that truism in action when we sequentially flip a coin. So, we cannot win every time we play the game. We can only tip the scale by trying to influence when and how we loose or fail.

Time, over the many years, in the RE business has tempered me. I'm a lot more humble and respectful of both my successes and my failures.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.