The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I sell more and also use these designs in other ways....

MKD

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 3, 2021
My mom is 78 and has sold pottery since 1965. I built an Etsy store for her: Canister set, Dinner Plates, Mugs, Bowls, Handpainted by MollyDallasCo

She does pretty well, but she could do a lot better if she could sell more of her higher priced items - like dinner sets and canister sets. She has a very strong differentiator - she actually handpaints the pieces and even has people send pics of their animals and does custom dinner and canister sets. The picture below shows a dog picture a client sent, and then the canister she painted off of the picture......by the way, how cool is the dog????

A couple questions:

1) in the book, the couples sponsors some large plant based newsletters - does anyone actually know of a company who would take a sponsor like my mom?
2) Does anyone know of an Instagram influencer who might be someone we could advertise with
3) Does anyone know of a way to make other products with these designs - she has hundreds of designs - we actually have tried alot of them on typical products you see on Etsy, but we haven't been able to sell them.....is there a way I can leverage these designs on other pieces.....?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• custom number four canister canva.png
    custom number four canister canva.png
    820.3 KB · Views: 11

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
what is her capacity for production? is that something you can scale up?
how many can you do a week? a day? will they be in batches? has she passed on the 'how to do them'?

a local artist has had success with similar (painting the family pets). he posted on linkedin to his old business network (he retired) and on fb marketplace, etc. if he had more capacity, doing some paid fb ads seems like a win.

take all of her designs and partner with a local printer to offer them on creative stuff / plaques / shirts / etc. then have the grandkids work the local flea market and church bazaars.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
1) and 2) you have to figure out yourself.
3) Upsell. Which is pretty difficult on etsy unless you talk to the customer.

B.Cotter

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Apr 23, 2020
Northern VA
Find local higher end, chef driven restaurants and offer a custom made plate service. Some of us chefs go crazy for unique and abstract plates, bowls, etc.

Look on Instagram at high end chefs’ accounts or TheArtofPlating account to see some ideas of what chefs like to use.

Just a thought.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
My mom is 78 and has sold pottery since 1965. I built an Etsy store for her: Canister set, Dinner Plates, Mugs, Bowls, Handpainted by MollyDallasCo

She does pretty well, but she could do a lot better if she could sell more of her higher priced items - like dinner sets and canister sets. She has a very strong differentiator - she actually handpaints the pieces and even has people send pics of their animals and does custom dinner and canister sets. The picture below shows a dog picture a client sent, and then the canister she painted off of the picture......by the way, how cool is the dog????

A couple questions:

1) in the book, the couples sponsors some large plant based newsletters - does anyone actually know of a company who would take a sponsor like my mom?
2) Does anyone know of an Instagram influencer who might be someone we could advertise with
3) Does anyone know of a way to make other products with these designs - she has hundreds of designs - we actually have tried alot of them on typical products you see on Etsy, but we haven't been able to sell them.....is there a way I can leverage these designs on other pieces.....?

Why does the company exist?

Doesn't seem like company has evolved past 'we're good at making pottery' and found a mission for people to get behind and support.

I'd recommend reading some Sinek(Start with Why, The Infinite Game).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.