The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Worried

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
Sorry I haven't been around much. About a month ago I got out of basic military training and I've been hitting the ground running since. I've never been or felt more productive in my life.

My goal of creating a successful web development business in the financial niche still stands but... I'm starting to fear the leap.

It hit me that when I get really good at React.js all that's left is Node.js and that's pretty much it. I suspect at my rate of learning it will be another 6 months to a year before I'm ready to start producing web apps/sites.

My question to you guys is this:
How do you navigate the unknown?

I signed a 4 year contract with the airforce. I did it for stability until the business gets off the ground. I fear that four years will pass and I'll have nothing to show for it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Don't focus on where you'll end up. Focus on the next step. Keep focusing on the next step.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

The journey of 1000 miles begins with one step. You'll get there.

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
It hit me that when I get really good at React.js all that's left is Node.js and that's pretty much it. I suspect at my rate of learning it will be another 6 months to a year before I'm ready to start producing web apps/sites.
I'd focus on engaging with financial businesses (your potential clients) and understanding their pain points and unmet needs first. The solution/offering comes second. The technical details of how to code/build a website third. You don't need to know everything from day 1 to start helping people.

Paging @Fox and his thread:

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia

Your plan is to service those in the financial sector right?

Start talking to those guys, don't be afraid to sound dumb or inexperienced.

Just keep talking and engaging with them.

IME, that approach helps navigate you to where you need to be.
(note I say "need to be", not where you "think you should be")

piskin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jul 5, 2021
You don't have to worry about the entire procces. You cannot complete it, in one huge leap. You should just focus on your goal and try to work towards it, just by doing small steps everyday. Thats how you achieve big things. One day you will reach your destination and the "Unknown" will become "Known" not allways as once expected, but just try to have some real expectations before execution. Do your best!

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
You'll pick up React very quickly - once you understand it's all about creating and managing components - you can quickly move on.

Then state management. Then Context API. Then something like Redux. Then you'll toy with linking your own backend. Then you'll learn about creating your own simple APIs.

And on and on. One lego piece at a time my friend.

If you're in a rush to earn money - spend less time finessing technical skills and more time creating products to ship. Even if half-assed. Even if using vanilla JS for the entire UI.

But if time is no problem to you, and you're on the path towards mastery - then enjoy the ride! It's so much fun :)

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
Sorry I haven't been around much. About a month ago I got out of basic military training and I've been hitting the ground running since. I've never been or felt more productive in my life.

My goal of creating a successful web development business in the financial niche still stands but... I'm starting to fear the leap.

I signed a 4 year contract with the airforce. I did it for stability until the business gets off the ground. I fear that four years will pass and I'll have nothing to show for it.
Bravery isn't the absence of fear, but the overcoming of it~Nicholas P.

Just becausee you're afraid of the unknown does'nt mean you shouldn't do it; That's a basic rule of life in my opinion.

In terms of your financial web development business, trust that your doing everything in your humanly power to be ready by the time the 6 month/1 year passes. When that time comes, dont be afraid to navigate the all of the unknown; the event and the process.

To answer your question more directly, I just believe in myself and trust that I'm giving it my all(or 80-90%....lol) and that I can do the thing I've been preparing to by the time it comes.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
One of my favourite lines:

“Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don’t have.”

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Why you gotta call me out like that, man?
Calling 99.99% of the world’s population. Myself included.

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
Your plan is to service those in the financial sector right?

Start talking to those guys, don't be afraid to sound dumb or inexperienced.

Just keep talking and engaging with them.

IME, that approach helps navigate you to where you need to be.
(note I say "need to be", not where you "think you should be")
Sounds like a good next step. Appreciate the help!

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
You'll pick up React very quickly - once you understand it's all about creating and managing components - you can quickly move on.

Then state management. Then Context API. Then something like Redux. Then you'll toy with linking your own backend. Then you'll learn about creating your own simple APIs.

And on and on. One lego piece at a time my friend.

If you're in a rush to earn money - spend less time finessing technical skills and more time creating products to ship. Even if half-assed. Even if using vanilla JS for the entire UI.

But if time is no problem to you, and you're on the path towards mastery - then enjoy the ride! It's so much fun :)
You seemed to have walked the path I'm trying to go . I dont wanna half a$$ this, I wanna be able to make magic happen.

The financial sector is all dynamic data so thankfully its a bigger barrier to entry for my competitors. I will need to know alot. But it'll be worth it...

Mark98

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 27, 2015
Seattle

Hey @Christopher104, this video can help you. Have a good day.

View: https://youtu.be/Nq2mJ_MjyiE

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.