The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why couldn't the US and world defeat the Taliban?

D

Deleted85763

Why couldn't the US and the world simply defeat the Taliban? Are they really better than the US military? Was out military leadership that bad? Why is there so little talk about that on the news. Most of what I hear is "Did we leave the right way?", "We should have stayed", "We should have left a long time ago." Not "Why didn't we defeat the Taliban".

What this tells me if we couldn't defeat them then what is to stop them from moving into other countries? They literally could take over the world?

I believe the US could and should defeat them now before things gets worse. History has shown that the worst human atrocities can start small. We need to stop them before it's too late. Anyone else agree?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Why couldn't the US and the world simply defeat the Taliban? Are they really better than the US military? Was out military leadership that bad? Why is there so little talk about that on the news. Most of what I hear is "Did we leave the right way?", "We should have stayed", "We should have left a long time ago." Not "Why didn't we defeat the Taliban".

What this tells me if we couldn't defeat them then what is to stop them from moving into other countries? They literally could take over the world?

I believe the US could and should defeat them now before things gets worse. History has shown that the worst human atrocities can start small. We need to stop them before it's too late. Anyone else agree?
Perhaps it's their value skew.

Maybe they're running lean...

Oh wait that's Somalia.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you know this is a business forum?

Frankly I’m tired of having to lock your threads which ultimately never have anything to do with business.

D

Deleted85763

Do you know this is a business forum?

Frankly I’m tired of having to lock your threads which ultimately never have anything to do with business.
This is an "off-topic" thread. I thought it was an important issue that may affect negatively everyone, including business people. From now on I will stick to posting only about earning money and only earning money!

D

Deleted85763

The irrlevant events happening around the world aren't our concern on this forum.
Well, I do some international business and I can assure you that events that happen in the world can negatively affect business. Business is best conducted when the world is at peace and predicable.

D

Deleted74338

Afghanistan is an extremely isolated place, there are people in Afghanistan that aren't even aware of what happened in the last 30 years. Therefore it is extremely hard to fight someone in such a place. Take a look at Afghanistan's geography. Also, the majority of Afghanistan's population were pro Taliban or at least against US occupation.

The Taliban are not ISIS, they don't care about the rest of the world. They just want to be left alone governing Afghanistan. They are an Afghan(mostly Pashtun) nationalist group. So don't be afraid that they'll take over the word lol. They don't have an interest in that, they don't have the military strength to do it, and the rest of the world does not have the same geography as Afghanistan, which is what helped them exist for so long. They are even fighting other Terrorist groups that want to expand into Afghanistan like ISIS.

D

Deleted85763

Afghanistan is an extremely isolated place, there are people in Afghanistan that aren't even aware of what happened in the last 30 years. Therefore it is extremely hard to fight someone in such a place. Take a look at Afghanistan's geography. Also, the majority of Afghanistan's population were pro Taliban or at least against US occupation.

The Taliban are not ISIS, they don't care about the rest of the world. They just want to be left alone governing Afghanistan. They are an Afghan(mostly Pashtun) nationalist group. So don't be afraid that they'll take over the word lol. They don't have an interest in that, they don't have the military strength to do it, and the rest of the world does not have the same geography as Afghanistan, which is what helped them exist for so long. They are even fighting other Terrorist groups that want to expand into Afghanistan like ISIS.
I saw on television where the Taliban was saying they want to create a world-wide Islamic state! I'm not scared. I'm concerned that if we couldn't beat them over 20 years what's to stop them from expanding? I think the world needs to come together, go back in and get rid of the Taliban, forever.

D

Deleted74338

I saw on television where the Taliban was saying they want to create a world-wide Islamic state! I'm not scared. I'm concerned that if we couldn't beat them over 20 years what's to stop them from expanding? I think the world needs to come together, go back in and get rid of the Taliban, forever.
Just how do you imagine them taking over the world? They are open to diplomacy, as I said they just want to govern Afghanistan. Those threats were made to make people afraid and leave them alone. There are other things that shape Afghanistan like Pashtunwali(the code of life of Pashtuns/Afghans), and they do realise that they can't impose Pashtunwali on anyone else. They just want their own country to live by Pasthunwali and Islam laws. I'm 100% sure they won't attack the rest of the world.

I'm of the opinion that we should leave them alone, it's the will of the Afghan people to have them(except people form the big cities). If something really bad happens within the next few years, then yes I believe another invasion would be justified.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The irrlevant events happening around the world aren't our concern on this forum.

Of course it does which is why some of the most active threads here are off-topic... however, it seems this guy is only here to start threads about world events, politics, and COVID.

I doubt he has a business, much less even wants one.

D

Deleted85763

Of course it does which is why some of the most active threads here are off-topic... however, it seems this guy is only here to start threads about world events, politics, and C0VlD.

I doubt he has a business, much less even wants one.
You doubt I have a business? Right now I have pending deals with companies in the US, Europe and Asia! I just closed a deal with a large company in the US.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
You doubt I have a business? Right now I have pending deals with companies in the US, Europe and Asia! I just closed a deal with a large company in the US.
Make a thread about that

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
From now on I will stick to posting only about earning money and only earning money!
Me wondering how long before this guy breaks his word.
167 minutes.

Well, he lasted longer than I thought he would.
Why would anyone have any doubt? These companies have names, I just can't tell them to you. These deals are pending!

They are big companies that are located in big places! I sell widgets & stuff! I'm a business owner doing deals, can't you tell by my word choice?

Trust me guys, I'm a man of my word! Why won't you trust me?
From now on I will stick to posting only about earning money and only earning money!

D

Deleted85763

Me wondering how long before this guy breaks his word.

167 minutes.

Well, he lasted longer than I thought he would.

Why would anyone have any doubt? These companies have names, I just can't tell them to you. These deals are pending!

They are big companies that are located in big places! I sell widgets & stuff! I'm a business owner doing deals, can't you tell by my word choice?

Trust me guys, I'm a man of my word! Why won't you trust me?
I did keep to my word. Did you read what I posted? - world events do affect the fortunes of everyone. I was following up on a post, not creating a new one. From the time I said I would only keep the topic to earning money I have!

About my business. I will not disclose identifying information (I don't want risk competition). But I will share with you this fact: Getting sales is very, very easy. I can literally have millions of dollars in sales within a week or less. Making a profit is the hard part! In the successful deals that I do I always find undervalued assets to sell. I have to. I can't profit unless I do.

To use a practical analogy, you can buy a piece of real estate within the market price. But you will not be able to resell for a profit for many years, if ever. Now, and listen closely, if you find a piece of real estate that is undervalued in some way you can profit immediately. The obvious example is to find an unkempt property in a good market that needs a make over. You buy at say $500K. Then you do a little simple landscaping yourself and put in $3K by having the house professionally painted a nice color and viola - that house is now worth $700K.

I know all the above to be true because I have done it may times over.

Matt33

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Apr 14, 2013
FL

Perhaps they no longer need to fight the war with guns, they have alternative methods. I remember Trump saying something about how there's no need for any more violence and pretty soon over there they're all going to be REAL nice.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I did keep to my word. Did you read what I posted? - world events do affect the fortunes of everyone. I was following up on a post, not creating a new one. From the time I said I would only keep the topic to earning money I have!

About my business. I will not disclose identifying information (I don't want risk competition). But I will share with you this fact: Getting sales is very, very easy. I can literally have millions of dollars in sales within a week or less. Making a profit is the hard part! In the successful deals that I do I always find undervalued assets to sell. I have to. I can't profit unless I do.

To use a practical analogy, you can buy a piece of real estate within the market price. But you will not be able to resell for a profit for many years, if ever. Now, and listen closely, if you find a piece of real estate that is undervalued in some way you can profit immediately. The obvious example is to find an unkempt property in a good market that needs a make over. You buy at say $500K. Then you do a little simple landscaping yourself and put in $3K by having the house professionally painted a nice color and viola - that house is now worth $700K.

I know all the above to be true because I have done it may times over.
Btw do you have an opium business? Just asking.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
The answer is straight forward. Winning these types of wars is simple. Everyone is a combatant. You kill everyone. The women, the children, the men. All of them. You shoot everything that breathes, and then shoot it again. Until there is nobody left.

Modern Americans don't have the stomach for it (myself included) and so our armies are constrained to fight in ways that won't win. They're forced to distinguish between combatants and non combatants, which makes it easy for the enemy to hide. Mistakes are bound to happen, which only creates more combatants.

I never supported the invasion of Afghanistan. Or of Iraq. I'm already against the next war.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

Because there is no clear better alternative.

The northern alliance has been fighting with Taliban for years. Whether is ruled by warlord or a monarch or by tribal anarchy or by a fundamentalist group like Taliban, to the average people they are just tired of it and just want the war to end.

It doesn’t matter who which gang controls the street. Let us stop the bloodshed so that business and life go on as normal. That could be the sentiment there.

You are talking about a landlocked area with limited economic development. So the political game is about controlling the key resources area like arable land or water. You can say that you stand for liberal democracy and progress but sorry you do not control the resources you cannot make deals. So If I am a civilian or business I have to listen to whoever controls the place. So whoever has the money/guns/menpower support to military occupy key resources areas count.

And how do you have enough support to militarily occupy a place? Besides the financial support that is essential to run operations you need men joining in force. Telling that you stand for everyone is a bad choice. It’s like a business aiming for everyone but actually selling to none. So end up you stand for this tribal affiliation/religious fundamentalist/special interest be it domestic or foreign. It is better to have 10 percent of the population strongly supporting you (ready to fight for you) or having mild approval of 70 percent who isn’t doing anything for you.

This ends up you always getting the seemingly backward political ideas running such places, getting in control.

That’s why foreign intervention isn’t going to have lasting result. You get rid of one group of bad guys another group of bad guys will always try and attack and take control.

And also foreign interest in this region is notoriously driven by self-interest, installing their own puppet/ally. They aren’t seen as good guys by the locals either.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Didn’t you watch Rambo?

View: https://youtu.be/WsCNZN3v2l0

Watch at 1:30 lol

View: https://youtu.be/wvQjDvnPpCk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.