The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the freest state in the USA?

allen0879

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
Sep 21, 2018
From what I've read, it sounds like if there is a vaccine mandate on the general population(in the USA) then it will more than likely be at the state level.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? How would a mandate even be enforced? Pay a fine?

It also looks like some states, such as FL, NH, etc, have passed laws to prevent vaccine mandates. That also got me thinking in general about which states are the most free in the USA.

What to do you think is the freest state in the USA?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Here's a great measurement and ranking: https://www.freedominthe50states.org/

Florida is #1.

Currently, the index has this ranking:
1. Florida
2. New Hampshire
3. Indiana
4. Colorado
5. Nevada

I'm disappointed Texas is not higher, but that is accurate. Those 5 states seem a lot more free.
Florida is looking at a law that criminalizes videoing police officers. That downgrades them in my book… But I have always looked at Florida favorably. What the hell are they trying to do with that though?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Florida is looking at a law that criminalizes videoing police officers. That downgrades them in my book… But I have always looked at Florida favorably. What the hell are they trying to do with that though?
Don't know, but New Hampshire is quite the sleeper.

The Northeast is generally very controlling, with little freedom, but then there's NH...

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Crazy since they are near NY, Vermont, and MA - some of the least "live free or die" places in the country!

I grew up in NH and always got a kick out of the electoral map with a speck of red in a sea of blue. 20 minutes from the ocean, hour to lakes and mountains and an hour from Boston meant there was always something to do. The people there were definitely proud of having neither a state income tax nor a sales tax. On the other side of the coin are some of the higher property taxes in the country, higher than average corporate taxes and for many people their daily commute consists of at least one toll road.

Overall though, if somebody wanted their state and local governments to not be morons and leave them alone I would absolutely recommend it. Though if my goal was escape but stay in the US it seems like South Dakota or Wyoming would be even better.

P.S. I swear they are the only state I remember that schedules road work at night…because in AZ it obviously makes more sense to do it during both rush hours and in the summer

Last edited:

allen0879

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
Sep 21, 2018
I've always enjoyed visiting Texas. Seems to have an entrepreneurial attitude, values independence, nice people, mild winters, no income tax, cheap, BBQ, etc

Thinking it would be nice to live in the hill country west of Austin. Austin itself seems overcrowded, but would be nice to visit.

I enjoy visiting NH for the nature, but too cold and expensive for me to want to live there.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Crazy since they are near NY, Vermont, and MA - some of the least "live free or die" places in the country!
Don't confuse upstate NY with NYC. A lot of red upstate.

I'm surprised AK didn't rank higher. Or ND, SD, WY.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Don't confuse upstate NY with NYC. A lot of red upstate.

I'm surprised AK didn't rank higher. Or ND, SD, WY.
As someone who lives in Upstate NY, I can vouch that without NYC, NY would be more red than blue on certain issues and probably would be red in at least half of elections.

NY as a whole though was very strict and continues to be strict with COVID regulations. Not free by anymeans

PseudoBobSmith

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jun 8, 2020
New York
As someone who lives in Upstate NY, I can vouch that without NYC, NY would be more red than blue on certain issues and probably would be red in at least half of elections.

NY as a whole though was very strict and continues to be strict with COVID regulations. Not free by anymeans
I agree, from mid-state. Cuomo just tried to past for all feds workers 130k to have vaccines to work.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia

That's interesting news....do you have a link or source?

a quick search hasn't brought up anything, but would love to read more into it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yeah, that will take them down a notch.

This is the anti-freedom side of conservatism.

Both conservatives and liberals have some issues where they don't respect freedom.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yeah, that will take them down a notch.

This is the anti-freedom side of conservatism.

Both conservatives and liberals have some issues where they don't respect freedom.
Like why the hell can’t cops be filmed? What are they trying to do?

If they want to beat your a$$ for arguing with them, with legislation like that, it would be next to impossible to prove their wrongdoing.

This blind trust in cops as our heros and saviors is nonsense. They have an egregious likelihood of domestic violence in their own homes, they are often some of the lowest IQ members of society, they take the easy job, government muscle. Conservatives are brainwashed to immediately think uniformed cop = good guy… Guy he’s beating on the side of the road = bad guy.

I understand that “not all cops are bad,” but they do have a bad job. Their job is to enforce ALL laws, indiscriminately, both good and bad… So when that moment comes where they are enforcers of an unconstitutional, oppressive or authoritarian order, they could be the nicest churchgoing member of the community, they’re instantly a violent enemy to your freedom.

That line is so close with the new COVID restrictions, it is not even funny.

Make no mistake, cops care more about their job than they care about your small business that you want to keep open. Their loyalty is to themselves first, the law as written second, not freedom, not our constitution, and not us as citizens.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.