The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Great Rat-Race Escape by MJ DeMarco, Now Available (All formats!)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I'm not sure MJ needs any extra support but I bought the audiobook, the paperback, the kindle version AND i got the early edition last week. THAT'S how much i believe in this book.
That’s commitment to the cause!

ill have to read my one copy first before I go full hog and buy more lol.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm not sure MJ needs any extra support but I bought the audiobook, the paperback, the kindle version AND i got the early edition last week. THAT'S how much i believe in this book.

Thank you so much, it really is appreciated, especially since I don't monetize my philosophy in any other ventures like courses, seminars, coaching, etc. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Manfern

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 7, 2013
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Thank you so much, it really is appreciated, especially since I don't monetize my philosophy in any other ventures like courses, seminars, coaching, etc. :thumbsup:
Why not? Many rat racers too lazy to read a book or don't have time for it.
You can encourage people to take action and change life this way too.
Even though you kinda promoting live in grand style, not sure it's for everyone, just curious to try it:)

By the way love the new book, got what I was looking for and getting unstuck, list of strategies/principles linked to CENTS very useful, looks like this book even better than Millionaire Fastlane in a lot of ways.
I think you are mocking your own characters throughout the book))

Right now have client who don't care about profit, just can't understand it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Just bought! Can't wait to read it!

RandomGuy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
May 21, 2020
Canada
Hi MJ, will the book be physically available through Canadian retailers? What about viperion website? Although I can order it quickly from amazon, sometimes I rather support other providers and see other options available. Thanks and congrats!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi MJ, will the book be physically available through Canadian retailers? What about viperion website? Although I can order it quickly from amazon, sometimes I rather support other providers and see other options available. Thanks and congrats!

That's up to them. As for having them myself, I don't ship to CANADA due to the cost. And I don't have any in stock right now due to my printer being backlogged.

Awaken Study

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2020
Chapter 57: The Desertion Principle describes me currently. I'm looking forward to the rest of the book to see how to get out of this rut.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Just got the audio book. I love when the author is also the one who reads the book Audible.

The part where you said that you got seasonal depression when living in Chicago really hit home for me.

I'm living in Ireland and I get really down and negative in winter. I think I have to move.

Last edited:

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Got the kindle version and love it so far! Great work MJ.

Just got the audio book. I love when the author is also the one who reads the book Audible.

The part where you said that you got seasonal depression when living in Chicago really hit home for me.

I'm living in Ireland and I get really down and negative in winter. I think I have the move

I can confirm that living in Ireland does indeed suck! Just back from a few weeks in Spain and even the summers here aren't great.

falcon87pl

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Apr 6, 2014
Poland
Bought a Kindle version but will get a physical version as well.

Millionaire Fastlane and Jim Rohn’s seminars changed my life years ago so I am happy to get the „old ideas” in a new form :) So called „reminder sessions”. And get some new ideas, mindset and tactics to apply.

And as for the someone who is not a native speaker, the new book is definitely easier to digest than the previous one due to the lack of sophisticatedly-challenging vividly-chaining dash-included descriptions and words :D If you know what I mean ;)

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Got the kindle version and love it so far! Great work MJ.

I can confirm that living in Ireland does indeed suck! Just back from a few weeks in Spain and even the summers here aren't great.

I'm thinking of Spain.

What business are you in?

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Dec 24, 2019
I suppose the book is mostly an attempt at closing a gap between real value and utility value!?
Yeah I think so too.
Lots of people want to get the real value -> know and understand how to start a business.

But because of certain barriers ( lack of FTE, for example ) they never get to read the whole book and understand the strategies or concepts that MJ is talking about -> thus the bad utility value readers get.

This book because of it's fictional side of it, sort of attempts to explain those concepts in a way that's easy to read and at least subconsciously get some lessons from it -> thus hopefully increasing the utility value of it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I suppose the book is mostly an attempt at closing a gap between real value and utility value!?

I was looking to effect a new way of learning and understanding, especially for younger people who like stories and shorter bites of information.

I wanted to show, almost like in real time, how IT happens.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I was looking to effect a new way of learning and understanding, especially for younger people who like stories and shorter bites of information.

I wanted to show, almost like in real time, how IT happens.
Interesting. "The Phoenix Project" pushes this even further, with the narrator being a person in the story that explains concepts to the protagonist. Somewhat awkward, but I think it worked okayish.

Guess with the 120 strategies and principles being emphasized so strongly it did not feel like an attempt to widen the reach. Hope it still does. "Rat-Race" as a search term alone might do the trick.

CJH

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 30, 2019
Great listen on Audible MJ!
Just on the chapter 10/5/1/ Strategy. So far, insightful .

Wanted to ask if there is an attached PDF for the audiobook on Audible as the Narrator mentions. Can't seem to locate the attached PDF book on my profile - maybe it must be because it isn't licensed in my country South Africa as yet?

Will be sure to leave a solid review for the book.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wanted to ask if there is an attached PDF for the audiobook on Audible as the Narrator mentions.

Message the forum for the PDF, it looks like the early versions of the audiobook did not have it included.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Mario_fastlaner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 1, 2019
Milano
Chapter 43 - The hardline strategy.

before reading the book I had the same thoughts of you MJ. Nowadays it’s full of moneychasers in the online world. Better to take a look in the offline world.

LeszekM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
May 31, 2021
Then you will have to wait at least a year. That's how long translations take, and that's assuming I start licensing them now.
Ahhh english version paper book challange?
I feel a bit uncomfortable with that but as you said we should to things which makes us uncomfortable.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
It's been a heatwave here in Ireland lately! Though the winters can be depressing though they often don't kick in until Nov/December. I hear Grand Canaria is the place to be as it has loads of tax grants for startups and has both types of climate on the North/South side of the Island.

On Chapter 22 and loving MJ's book so far. Didn't realise we were getting both speakers and I just love the variety, plus in the book version you can skip the story parts when you're re-reading the book. It's definitely given me a kick up the a$$ and is highlighting where I'm going wrong so far i.e. Business System Strategy. I might create a simple 1/5/10 printout to help me as I find writing out a 5 minute simple one pager daily helps reinforce my goals... will share when I do.

... and if I may, I'm also enjoying the sub-text! :cool:

What part of Ireland are you in? It's been pissing rain for 3 days now.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
What part of Ireland are you in? It's been pissing rain for 3 days now.
Meath! Lol ah it was a bad day yesterday but it was splitting the stones today. Still I’m down for The Canary Islands! :palm:

Last edited:

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
The 11 Minutes is very real...

complisimple

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 20, 2018
Italy
"escaping the rat-race, but the side-plot is how one couple reignites their marriage and deals with past traumas."

This is what I really like in this book of yours! I downloaded the 40 pages and now ready to get the full versions.
Thanks MJ!

Bert B

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 10, 2018
Ireland
Celebrate REAL INDEPENDENCE on your INDEPENDENCE DAY weekend.

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974

Just bought it today on Kindle.
Currently reading, I'm fired up again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content