The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Florida and Texas afaik I know are open and back to normal... anyone wanna adopt me? I'm a good rice cook.
Never underestimate the almighty rice cooker.
1619966982857.png

You can cook almost anything in it besides rice...soup, noodles, stews, pasta, and even cake.
My rice cooker in college had an extra compartment to cook extra food with the steam from the rice. Another death blow to kids' excuses that 'cooking takes too much time!'

On another side note, I was rather shocked at this news:

Seems that BaseCamp wanted to put a no-politics rule at work discussions, which I thought was OK.
We come to work to work after all...not stir the pot. For some reasons though, around one-third of the staff are leaving.

Given that the BaseCamp founders wrote some pretty books on online work and management...I'll just wonder how this employee-divide will factor into their next books lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I recently considered how bizarre that it is that all eggs that you buy in grocery stores are the same size - you'd think that there would be more variability in sizes.

There is probably some dark store at the bottom of this.
Wait till you find out that eggs in America are all washed which DESTROYS the protective natural outside membrane and that the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD doesn’t refrigerate their eggs because they don’t wash the natural part off.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Wait till you find out that eggs in America are all washed which DESTROYS the protective natural outside membrane and that the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD doesn’t refrigerate their eggs because they don’t wash the natural part off.

Health is my version of politics, and food is a key part of this. Whenever I learn something new about how America goes out of its way to make food worse (which it never stops doing0, I see red.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
So what's the reason for central bank digital currency (CBDC)?
When you read bullsh*t like -"the need of poor people to get banking service"
you might go hmm, gov doing something for the country!

Now lets read it in a correct way with dialog below.

People: We can create our own digital currency, free of banks, fed and gov!
Fed, gov and banks: But you will get one from us and oh look, a bird!

Nothing will change.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Anyone ever experience Reiki? I would be curious to hear your thoughts

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Watching a YT car guy and he's out shopping for a new exotic, 36% tax on a car over 150k here in BC and 20k+ a year for car insurance....

:wideyed:

The real cost of exotic cars is pretty crazy

Last edited:

Axe

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6,356%
Oct 19, 2020

Absolutely gross. Jail time for returning to your own country. So much for all that patriotism thing.

Pay attention folks, this shows very bluntly what your civil rights and piece of paper called passport are worth to the government.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Watching a YT car guy and he's out shopping for a new exotic, 36% tax on a car over 150k here in BC and 20k+ a year for car insurance....

And that’s Canadian dollars. We have some pickup trucks pushing that these days.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Absolutely gross. Jail time for returning to your own country. So much for all that patriotism thing.

Pay attention folks; this shows very bluntly what your civil rights and piece of paper called passport are worth to the government.
I'm ashamed and disgusted that my countries tyrants have put this in place.

Although not surprised.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Sitting in prison besides murderer's..... I'd imagine the conversation being something like this..

What are you in for? Killing someone, what are you in for? Going home!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
And that’s Canadian dollars. We have some pickup trucks pushing that these days.

I do like those raptors, or the long horn dodge rams, drove one of those at work years ago, think it retailed for 80k or something crazy. Beautiful car though....

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Food for thought:

You'll never get exactly what you want out of any friendship or romantic relationship. The best you can do is find people who are naturally inclined to become what you're looking for, and to show them the way.

"Companions did the creating one once seek, and children of his hope: and lo, it turned out that he could not find them, except he himself should first create them."

-Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Companionship is difficult. Not sure if I am just really selfish, too picky, or just easily bored, but I tend to give up on other people and move on. Friends, relationships, etc. are a lot of work!

What makes you decide “alright this is it. I’m going all in on this relationship and I’m never stopping” - or is that just unrealistic?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Watched an old film with Jason Statham (parker)

Man what a difference a movie can make with the right or wrong actors, Jason is definitely one of the best around but the other crew really sucked.

Not a film I'd really recommend, humming bird or transporter on the other hand are awesome. Film making itself is actually quite a skill, and the business behind it is interesting, having to hire the right actors, filming, editing, screenwriting. A MASSIVE process goes on behind the scenes, not exactly as simple as hey you guys say these lines, let's film it and sell it to theaters.

One of my favorite movies in my top 5 would have to be shutter island, such a mind twister, LOVE stuff like that!

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I had an egg farm as a client once, and they gave me a tour. There are egg sorting machines that divide eggs into sizes based on weight. They use uniform-sized eggs for grocery stores and sell the odd sizes to restaurants.

That being said, there's not that much variation between the size of eggs that chickens lay, especially if all your hens are a single breed. My parents keep a few hens. When the hens are very young and first start to lay, their eggs are a bit smaller. After that, the egg size pretty much evens out and stays the same for the rest of the hen's life.

You're in on the chicken conspiracy. TFLF has been compromised.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Sitting in prison besides murderer's..... I'd imagine the conversation being something like this..

What are you in for? Killing someone, what are you in for? Going home!
5817ei.jpg

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019

Pay attention folks, this shows very bluntly what your civil rights and piece of paper called passport are worth to the government.
it's pretty sad, though I think they did the right thing protecting you guys.

confused? let me explain.

after serge in covid cases in India(from last month), there is a new strain of covid19(at least news says so, I think their claims are reasonable) which is undetectable by RT-PCR test and much more deadly(more deadly? yes, that is 100% correct. some far relative and people I know have died). I can't comment on the undetectable part.

so considering RT-PCR cannot filter the infected people how can your government keep you safe.

It's better safe than sorry.

EDIT: for those of you who don't know RT-PCR is considered the gold standard for testing covid 19.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

That is one reason I love living in Poland.

I have a G wagon here and pay zero road tax and the insurance is 600$ a year.
I also got it 3 months into Corona when fear was peak and it was like 15-20k euros under price.

In Ireland the road tax would be 2000 euros a year and probably close to 7-10k for insurance.
Also twice as much to buy in the first place since in Ireland the price of these is also stupidly high...

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 11.13.39.png Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 11.14.29.png

(Mine isn't this new, just to show the Ireland prices)

It has me quite tempted to buy an Audi R8 at some point since the running costs would be so low and if it was the right buy would lose very little / maybe gain when reselling.

Axe

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6,356%
Oct 19, 2020
Disagree. We're not talking about tourists. The idea of banning citizens from returning home is outrageous. It creates a dangerous precedent. Who will be next on the no-go list? unvaxinated? Also, this decision would make them basically stateless. If you overstay your visa in India you may face criminal charges, and returning home will land you in prison. Catch 22 type of sh*t.
so considering RT-PCR cannot filter the infected people how can your government keep you safe.
Send a plane to get them home, then quarantine them for 2-3 weeks in a government facility.
Not a perfect solution, but considering they have no problem stealing 45% of your income, it's the least they can do.

Last edited:

MA81

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Jan 22, 2013

confused? let me explain.

after serge in covid cases in India(from last month), there is a new strain of covid19(at least news says so, I think their claims are reasonable) which is undetectable by RT-PCR test and much more deadly(more deadly? yes, that is 100% correct. some far relative and people I know have died). I can't comment on the undetectable part.

It's better safe than sorry.

EDIT: for those of you who don't know RT-PCR is considered the gold standard for testing covid 19.

The inventor of the PCR test says himself that it's not to be used for diagnostic purposes.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljxah4NrYKU

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So… The USVI have a similarly awesome tax arrangement for Americans. Just saying.

That’s honestly more my speed than PR. Looking at the real estate and… WOW!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
They all wear these at the pediatrician’s office.

You can’t just assume it’s a face shield… No… It needs to tell you with big bold letters.B85D6B7A-D438-4B74-980D-C6C3EB7F9957.jpeg

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
They all wear these at the pediatrician’s office.

You can’t just assume it’s a face shield… No… It needs to tell you with big bold letters.View attachment 37861

If you have glasses, those things mess up your depth perception. I wore one and it didn't last. I kept walking into walls like an idiot.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
D

Deleted78083

Conforming to current trends, I just had a business idea: bakery as a service.

Create a giant bakery that people can rent to come and make their own bread. If they want to start a bakery at low cost, all they will need is a shop or a website to sell the bread. No need to buy any equipment, we'll provide it. They can buy their own ingredients to make the bread, but i can also sell them to them.

That, and we'll organize bread and pastries workshops too. And then a restaurant. A jazz band will come play on Sunday night. So for that, we'll need our own beer, and an obvious micro-brewery. Then on top of the beer, we'll make beer workshops. Hippies will come, so we'll also create an art gallery. And a painting workshop.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I bought a metal water bottle around this time last year to fill with caffeine and pre-workout for when I go to the gym.

A week ago my friend was complaining about his water bottle smelling funny, so I figured that I should clean my water bottle out since I use it every day and I've never washed it.

Lots of mold. Lots. I'm surprised that I've never been sick because of this. (Is mold actually good for you? Maybe I'll eat it with raw eggs)

I washed it earlier. It took a lot of soap and vodka (no rubbing alcohol around) to clean that thing out.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
WTF. This came as a surprise. Hopefully, Bill's mistress is far more prettier than Bezos' one LOL Come on, you've billions and billions, there's no excuse not to find a really gorgeous one.....

Bill and Melinda Gates are ending their marriage

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.