The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

GIVING VALUE REALLY WORKS

Anything related to matters of the mind

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
It is not uncommon to see posts questioning the merits of having as your first business rule: “Provide Value”.

Today I received a PM that gave me a tremendous boost. I am not writing in order to boast, but to encourage newcomers to give serious thought to the concept of giving value.

The member who sent me the message today was a total novice years ago when he bought my book and took the plunge into business, investing his life savings in the new venture.

He needed a guiding hand at times and I gave him all the help he needed. From time to time over the years he repaid me by recommending me in various threads, but nothing can compare with the brief story he told me today.

When I read his story of a rough start in life and the life changing success he had achieved, my heart went out to him because his words gave me such a sense of achievement and satisfaction. That was worth far more to me than any monetary reward from book sales.

For any who are new to the forum: when you read the frequent comments about giving value, take them to heart. There is no better philosophy to have as the basis for your business.

Walter

P.S. He included a picture of his lovely villa located in a place that many just dream about.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
would you mind sharing his story. If he doesn't mind.

TSM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 7, 2020
Berlin
It is not uncommon to see posts questioning the merits of having as your first business rule: “Provide Value”.

Today I received a PM that gave me a tremendous boost. I am not writing in order to boast, but to encourage newcomers to give serious thought to the concept of giving value.

The member who sent me the message today was a total novice years ago when he bought my book and took the plunge into business, investing his life savings in the new venture.

He needed a guiding hand at times and I gave him all the help he needed. From time to time over the years he repaid me by recommending me in various threads, but nothing can compare with the brief story he told me today.

When I read his story of a rough start in life and the life changing success he had achieved, my heart went out to him because his words gave me such a sense of achievement and satisfaction. That was worth far more to me than any monetary reward from book sales.

For any who are new to the forum: when you read the frequent comments about giving value, take them to heart. There is no better philosophy to have as the basis for your business.

Walter

P.S. He included a picture of his lovely villa located in a place that many just dream about.
I would love to read that story.
I just had a similar experience - woke up feeling crappy but had to run one of my support groups. Nothing could have been more effective in releasing all the nonsense that was going on in my mind. Just seeing everyone's faces at the end of the call was enough to reconnect me with my higher self and intention.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
That's what it's all about. Having one conversation, doing one tiny little action that helps others get further in life.

It may have ripple effects that are beyond anything we can imagine.

Thank you for sharing this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
would you mind sharing his story. If he doesn't mind.
I have written to request permission and will post his original message if he says yes.

Walter

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Apr 20, 2015
UK

Walter

Thanks for sharing this story Walter.

I still feel like a complete novice and often feel like I have very little to provide on this forum due to my lack of success in business. I'm committed to changing my ways and providing value despite what I've achieved.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Thanks for sharing this story Walter.

I still feel like a complete novice and often feel like I have very little to provide on this forum due to my lack of success in business. I'm committed to changing my ways and providing value despite what I've achieved.
Many times people in your situation have provided value to the forum by telling the story of their lack of success or outright failures.

In doing so they have benefited from responses posted by members who have made their way through a minefield and come out the other side with a successful business, now able to give some guidance.

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
What's your book?
My book referred to is Proven Global Sourcing.

If you scroll down on Page 1 of my Marketplace Offer you can see full details of what it covers. Just click on the link at the bottom of my signature.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.