The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How would you spend this money?

v1nci

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Feb 22, 2021
Hey guys!

A friend of mine introduced me to an exercise, that is somehow connected to our subconscious mind and financial goals. It all makes sense, let me introduce the concept briefly:

Every day you have to spend 2x more money, you spent the day before, so the first day is: 1000$, the second day: 2000$, third: 4000$... and the last one is 512 000$. The trick is - you have to know EXACTLY what you will spend your money on(f.e: not "a sportscar", but - "Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6") with the price of each item. Every day you have to also spend the closest amount to what you have to spend each day. The total amount is 1 million bucks spent.

I started the exercise really pragmatically, starting from the bottom of Maslov's needs hierarchy (basic stuff, like a new washing machine, painting my old room, etc). Then I invested some money into video recording equipment (my goal is to grow the YouTube business), so the licenses, camera, microphone... I also wanted to invest money into building a home gym and, getting a basic car, and improve my looks, maybe buying a drone later.
And then I stopped.

Like - blank. I have no idea. 32,000 (złotys, I'm from Poland) spent and I have nothing I think I could buy.

Of course, I can invest this money, maybe even buy a property later (but it cost more than the amounts that I have to spend before reaching 512,000).
My friend told me, that it should be things that I REALLY want to have, to get as excited as possible (which emotionally also have a strong effect on our subconscious). What should I do with these "higher" amounts? I really gave myself time to find that out, but I am stuck, something just cannot click in my mind. My thinking is that I should invest further, but even then - I have everything I need to grow my channel, what I need is work and knowledge, not spending more money for "stuff".

Any advice would be golden and really appreciated.
Much love guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wuh??

I don't understand the point unless you're trying to go bankrupt for the sake of some ridiculous "exercise"?

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
Sounds like some variation of “if I imagine things with enough emotion they‘ll come true” @v1nci i suggest dropping the mental masturbation and focus on building something to deliver value. Focus your energy on that. I think these sort of mental games are just ways to feel productive when the truth is your afraid to get started, fail, bruising your ego, etc. This is sidewalk thinking, take action. Specific action, based on a real plan, every day. Peace

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Basically a form of mental masturbation.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Easy, I'd buy DOGE with every penny

tenor.gif

v1nci

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Feb 22, 2021
Wuh??

I don't understand the point unless you're trying to go bankrupt for the sake of some ridiculous "exercise"?
Yo, it's just imaginary money in an Excel sheet.
Sounds like some variation of “if I imagine things with enough emotion they‘ll come true” @v1nci i suggest dropping the mental masturbation and focus on building something to deliver value. Focus your energy on that. I think these sort of mental games are just ways to feel productive when the truth is your afraid to get started, fail, bruising your ego, etc. This is sidewalk thinking, take action. Specific action, based on a real plan, every day. Peace
Yes. That. Is. True.

Okay, F*ck that exercise then, thank you for your answers.
And your memes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.