The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

If the police are playing a copyrighted song in public, that counts as a "performance" and appropriate licences must be obtained.
When you click the “play” button on your phone without wearing headphones, do you need a license? This is silly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
When you click the “play” button on your phone without wearing headphones, do you need a license? This is silly.
If you were running a shop / gym / business and you did that on your business premises... then yes, you would.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
But they don’t and they aren’t

:)
So music industry should sue government or state for misuse of their copyrighted materials.

But, wait... if police is protecting the country then music industry should sue every one who is protected by it. That's about 300 million people.
Just wondering - How do you sue a country? :moneybag::eyes:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

So music industry should sue government or state for misuse of their copyrighted materials.

But, wait... if police is protecting the country then music industry should sue every one who is protected by it. That's about 300 million people.
Just wondering - How do you sue a country? :moneybag::eyes:

It’s such a silly conversation / topic

A

Anon3114

I noticed that some topics have an upvote under each post. Do you plan on adding this to all threads? This is an interesting idea.

Did I miss a topic that has more about it?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I noticed that some topics have an upvote under each post. Do you plan on adding this to all threads? This is an interesting idea.

Did I miss a topic that has more about it?

This is the only post I've seen about it...

Of note, the answers to this question can be UPVOTED (like Reddit) since this thread was posted as a QUESTION (not a discussion.)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Elon Musk is Satoshi Nakamoto. The whole crypto frenzy that everyone is in, is all orchestrated by him. He is the puppeteer and everyone who even remotely dabbles in crypto are all controlled and played by him.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
...but wait, there’s more!!

GJinLZS.jpeg

D

Deleted78083

Fastlane story time!! Darcis
This story outlines the process explained by MJ in his recent video "How to start with no money, no time, and no skills".

Darcis is a brand of Belgian chocolates created in the 1990s by Jean-Philippe Darcis.

Jean-Philippe Darcis comes from Verviers, a small blue-collar city in the south of Belgium. After he graduated high-school, Jean-Philippe trained to become a chocolatier with the best chocolatiers in Europe. Once he deemed his skills acceptable, he opened his first chocolate shop in his city at the tender age of 25.

The success came quickly. I mean, who doesn't like chocolate, right?

Darcis is known for his macarons, and borrowed Richard Branson's marketing technique to put his name out there. As such, he holds the World Guinness Record of the longest eclair au chocolat (lol).

These various media appearances enabled Darcis to build his brand. He quickly opened other shops in Belgium first, then in other European cities, then all the way to Japan.

In 2016, he opened a chocolate school/museum/factory in his native city.

The brand and the company have only been growing ever since.

I am not sure how much the company and brand are worth, but based on my estimations, anywhere between 5 and 10 million euros.

If this isn't fastlane, i don't know what is.

To recap:
Step 1: Darcis chooses a skill to learn: chocolate making
Step 2: Darcis learns the skill very well: he becomes known for his macarons
Step 3: Darcis opens a shop with superior products
Step 4: He replicates the model and opens different shops in other cities
Step 5: He expands and builds a school/museum/factory

From here, he could sell and retire, or keep on growing the brand by opening more shops, sell tablets in supermarkets, franchise, expand his range of products (going into hot chocolate, cakes, mousse, ice-cream...).

I really like this example because of its simplicity.

Do you think Darcis ever had any competition? No, he didn't. He is the only one to make the chocolate that he makes, and his products are recognized as being unique. That's the power of a brand.

I think it's a good example of a "simple" Fastlane business model in an era when everyone wants to "learn how to code" to "build an app" and receive "VC money".

VC money (and IPOs btw) is to our current era what dropshipping was to the last decade: it's the new get-rich-quick scheme.

"iNvEsT 30 mIlLiOn In My CoMpAnY wHiCh DoEsN't MaKe AnY mOnEy pLeEeEeEzE"

It has been fueled by making founders of companies that never turned a profit billionaires purely through VC then IPO money (Airbnb, Uber, Tesla....).

A podcaster I listen to weekly was highlighting how Musk was the biggest con-man in the world as he became its richest man creating companies that had never shown any profit.

I think con-man is a bit too strong, but I thought the remark interesting and worthy of meditation.

Anyway, don't go where everyone goes. Don't do what everyone does.

Create that which people will buy. Chocolate is nice.

Such is the spirit of the Fastlane.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Has anybody been selling on eBay since they started their managed payments? Is there a way around using their payment option? Not thrilled about having them have my bank info and more...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The amount of stupid money-chasing in this world is seriously disturbing.

I have to delete 20 affiliate marketing meditation spammers here daily,

Well we're at 20 and it's not even 10AM here in Arizona. SMH.

1613491638566.png

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
A podcaster I listen to weekly was highlighting how Musk was the biggest con-man in the world as he became its richest man creating companies that had never shown any profit.

THIS. The only fate worthy enough for him is a couple centuries of jail or more.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Hey bro, check out this cool link 2,301,301 people before me tried to post!

1613495577946.png

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016

View attachment 36838
Sorry if i don't understand something - they are spammers who want to offer (with aff link) service for "guided" meditation??

First there were ebooks on how to get online and rich.
Then there were gurus selling China sourcing and drop shipping courses.
Now - they offer that they will do literally nothing and get paid for that :wideyed:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
G

Guest-5ty5s4

There’s always a new snake oil. Meanwhile the general store and the saloon are getting rich. And the railroad guys actually own everything while people try to hawk their phony goods...

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
People (particularly those of a certain political ideology) are laughing at Texas for not having power during a little snowstorm. I don't appreciate it considering that millions of people are without power.

Where I live, we get smacked with snow every single year. There's about 6 inches on the ground right now. That's a fair bit, but it's not something so out of the ordinary. But Texas isn't like that. If we got hit with a hurricane, we'd be completely screwed.

My condolences to those in Texas and Oklahoma, as well as other states, who are in their cold homes without power.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Hey bro, check out this cool link 2,301,301 people before me tried to post!

View attachment 36839
Might be worth posting this exact thing at the end of that thread, with a statement that "If you post an affiliate link, you will be instantly deleted and banned" so that people realize they're wasting their time and will only get deleted if they try something similar.

It seems like the kind of thing that would come from the advice of a guru in a facebook group. "Hey guys, go to google and search for forum + meditation and then post your affiliate link in threads you find where people are discussing meditation. It'll feel really organic and natural and you'll get a ton of signups."

And then all the followers go to google and think they've struck gold because wOw HeRe aRe ALL ThEsE PeOpLe DiScUsSiNg MeDiTaTiOn AnD NO ONE hAs SpAmMeD iT wItH An AfFiLiAtE LiNk YeT. WOOHOO~ I'M FIRRRRRRRSSSSSST!"

Currently, if I put the query "meditation forum" in google, the power of meditation thread is result #3.

1613513470225.png

Just might save you the chore of deleting 20+ people by 10:00 AM every day. Maybe then you'll only have to delete 5 or 6.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Might be worth posting this exact thing at the end of that thread,

Thanks but that won't change a damn thing. They post these links in every thread, not just mediation related.

I even went as far as saying on the forum's registration, "Are you planning to use the forum for affiliate marketing? If so, your account will be rejected." <--- think this was effective? Nope. They said "Yes" and signed up anyway. We're not dealing with bright people.

It seems like the kind of thing that would come from the advice of a guru in a facebook group. "Hey guys, go to google and search for forum + meditation and then post your affiliate link in threads you find where people are discussing meditation. It'll feel really organic and natural and you'll get a ton of signups."

Yup, that's exactly what's happening. In the "standard marketing plan" that these fools paid for, it probably lists Fastlane as a great source of leads! Just post the link and laugh all the way to the bank!

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Amazon acquires Selz. Should be using this to challenge Shopify soon! Can't wait to see what they offer!
Competition is always good. Maybe this will get Shopify to up their game and reduce their Plus plan from $79 to $29 with $50 free FB ads credit monthly for Shopify owners lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.