The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the "bong" sound on this site?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I keep hearing a "bong" sound, like a piano key. I believe I have every alert and notification turned off in the user settings. The same sound you hear when you get an Alert, but there is no alert. I think it does it when someone posts somewhere on the forum. It's pretty loud, and all I can do is mute Windows. Anyway to turn it off, or find out what it is?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
I keep hearing a "bong" sound, like a piano key. I believe I have every alert and notification turned off in the user settings. The same sound you hear when you get an Alert, but there is no alert. I think it does it when someone posts somewhere on the forum. It's pretty loud, and all I can do is mute Windows. Anyway to turn it off, or find out what it is?
You can mute it at the top of the square box containing all the threads! There are some buttons on the right, it's the leftmost one. For some reason trying to configure your browser into silence/no notifications doesn't affect it.
Also you have to click it every time you enter the forum.

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe
You can mute it at the top of the square box containing all the threads! There are some buttons on the right, it's the leftmost one. For some reason trying to configure your browser into silence/no notifications doesn't affect it.
Also you have to click it every time you enter the forum.
Whaaaat I spend so much time looking for that!!

I think I've spent a great deal less time on TFLF this year simply due to that sound.

I always had TLFL open in some tab and would sometimes browse around, but I've just done that less due to that super annoying sound...

Thank god for the solution that I was too blind to see :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds like an airplane arrival ding.... Southwest Airlines' "Wanna Get Away?"

View: https://youtu.be/Z6b4hYdprPo?t=91

I've disabled the sound altogether since I couldn't not find away to have it default to OFF.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I've disabled the sound altogether since I couldn't not find away to have it default to OFF.

Finally! I remember telling you before that it always switched back to on again no matter how many times I turned it off. So frustrating. Glad it's gone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.