The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

_LuisCarmona

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 11, 2020
Hi everyone, today I want to open a Debate about the work and ways to get out from the slowlane, but first, I want tell you an little history, my own history.

(Some of context)
In my previous post Told you that I'm an inmigrant, well I left my country 3 years ago, (without delving into tragedies) I got a job in May of last year as a salesman in a small Smartphone trading company, at the first this work helped me to have some of financial stability, I had not been able to rent an apartment by myself before, however I never finished feeling comfortable at work, and few months ago I made a commitment to myself to learn and find ways to make money and get freedom.

Rigth now my work has become unbearable for me just like my bosses, the work environment is chaotic and I feel stupid for not having an extra income after all this time.

I want to quit my job but I don't know if it's a mistake to do it right now.

Right now I am working more hours than I should and that makes it much more difficult for me to create extra income in my free time.

What would you do in this situation?...

Please comment

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

[/QUOTE]
Don't quit until you have another way to make money.

It's much harder to start a business when you're broke and need to pay the bills.

Right now I am working more hours than I should and that makes it much more difficult for me to create extra income in my free time.

What would you do in this situation?...

Please comment

Sleep less, get rid of your TV, and work evenings on creating some extra income.

When your extra income is significant, then quit the job, and get your time back.

_LuisCarmona

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 11, 2020

It's much harder to start a business when you're broke and need to pay the bills.

Sleep less, get rid of your TV, and work evenings on creating some extra income.

When your extra income is significant, then quit the job, and get your time back.

Thank you! I really appreciate your comment

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
I totally agree. Don't quit. What can you learn where you are? What contacts can you make? What ideas can you come with? What can you do with the time you have available? Being homeless and hungry does not add to anyone's success.

_LuisCarmona

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 11, 2020

[/QUOTE]
I totally agree. Don't quit. What can you learn where you are? What contacts can you make? What ideas can you come with? What can you do with the time you have available? Being homeless and hungry does not add to anyone's success.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks I really appreciate your advice

G

Guest1413tpa

I agree with the other posters but would love to add the following:
If you get fired or laid off, its a perfect time to go after the Fastlane.
Just a little bit of advice from my journey, which is turning into a Slow/Fastlane blend right now, as I am still consulting for people, but also closing deals to move myself away from that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Yes it is a mistake. Have a plan, or better, a foundation of income before you quit. Kinda hard to be focused on business when you can't make rent or put food on the table.

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
With a job you can start to pave your way to exploring high reward entrepreneurship at a much lower risk. Just last night I got pre qualified for an FHA loan for a duplex and I'm working with a realtor to find a property. Decrease living expenses and leverage your job to open new opportunities that will promote full blown entrepreunership.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.