The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone have a vending machine business?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Gnark Gnark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 25, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Hello,

I am considering starting a vending machine side hustle. Has anyone tried this? If so, I have two questions:

• How has the pandemic impacted business?
  • How much time overhead does it take? How passive is it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

df1992

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 26, 2020
London
Not sure it's the best business to start let alone during a pandemic when there is reduced footfall and people don't want to share germs by using the same buttons lol

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Is there a NEED for this ?
Yes, they are everywhere in big warehouses, commercial buildings, even in parks. Someone is doing it, and someone is probably winning big while doing it.

The question is, can you get in before the other guys do? I'm not in this industry, but I'd assume, once your vending machine is in, it's probably there to stay. I think they key here would be getting in with commercial projects. If you see new warehouses being built, maybe ones that are about to open, etc. Get in there and pitch before other guys do.

Or maybe, even reach out to 100+ warehouse managers on linkedin and say: "hey, I'm thinking of starting a vending machine business, what would it take to put my vending machines in your warehouse? I'll give you $0.50 kickback on every snack sold". I'm making it up, but something along those lines. Get a feel for the market before dumping capital in it. See what you business you can drum up before buying anything.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Don’t know in US, but here in Germany more and more farmers sell fresh eggs, milk and so in vending machines, standing anywhere in the villages and we use them much.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Don’t know in US, but here in Germany more and more farmers sell fresh eggs, milk and so in vending machines, standing anywhere in the villages and we use them much.
What? Really? This boggles my mind. The future of farm to table is... Very similar to the past? Are the eggs single servings? A dozen? Do you bubble wrap them? This sounds like a food fight in the town square just waiting to happen. And the milk? What are we talking a liter? I feel like the milk makes more sense somehow. Ok, I just want a picture. Must go Google now.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Nah dude, there's actually different styles of vending machines for eggs. The one that drops a dozens eggs still makes no sense to me. But the one with doors that open for a half dozen, ok, I get that.

So far I only found California ones. Still looking for the ones in the town squares in little German villages.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Ok, apparently these vending machines are on several continents. But clearly, the Romanians have the best egg vending machines. Look at this thing.

1603260192989.png

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
What? Really? This boggles my mind. The future of farm to table is... Very similar to the past? Are the eggs single servings? A dozen? Do you bubble wrap them? This sounds like a food fight in the town square just waiting to happen. And the milk? What are we talking a liter? I feel like the milk makes more sense somehow. Ok, I just want a picture. Must go Google now.

I'm patiently awaiting your progress thread: "BizyDad's Egg Vending Machine Empire (not yolking!)"

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

Attachments

• B6CA30E4-008D-4164-849B-C1769642EA4D.jpeg
    B6CA30E4-008D-4164-849B-C1769642EA4D.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 11

DAP

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 18, 2021
Hello,

I am considering starting a vending machine side hustle. Has anyone tried this? If so, I have two questions:

• How has the pandemic impacted business?
  • How much time overhead does it take? How passive is it?
I sold my dad's vending machine business in 1999. He was one of the first vending operators in the state of CT. The business is tough in general. Maintenance, servicing working all hours. Trust me, the business owns you, you don't own the business. The height of the vending business was in the 1960's and went downhill from there. Reconsider this for yourself.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.