The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help with email list and what to do next...

Marketing, social media, advertising

pixieducks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 1, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Hello, so I have been working on my new blog, and I did add a subscriber box. I am using mailer lite only because I'm just starting, and I was working on my free ebook to give to people who subscribe. I haven't really checked it too much, and tonight when I went to update the form to include the ebook, I noticed I have 32 subscribers! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about it, but I thought I would have more time. I had one email set up to go out that thanks them for subscribing, but zero subscribers opened it, so I'm confused about that? Not sure if it hit spam or what to think.

I should email something to them, maybe the ebook since they didn't get it before? Just worried they won't open that either, or maybe they aren't getting it? Should I stick with mailer lite, or is there something better? I didn't do the double opt-in. My plan is to email once a week.

I tested it right now and received the thank you email, so I think it is strange that not one person opened it. Any help with this is appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pixieducks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 1, 2020
San Antonio, TX
A few more questions...

1. Is it better to do the double opt-in?
2. I was looking at changing to Aweber but is the paid version necessary at this point?
3. Any recommendations on someone to watch on YouTube that will go over email marketing for beginners?

Thank you!

BusinessInShorts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 20, 2019
Thun, Switzerland
A few more questions...

1. Is it better to do the double opt-in?
2. I was looking at changing to Aweber but is the paid version necessary at this point?
3. Any recommendations on someone to watch on YouTube that will go over email marketing for beginners?

Thank you!
Congrats on the subscribers :)

Well, first of all, I think it's very important to have a double opt-in as it makes sure the e-mail addresses are spelled correctly, plus you avoid the hassle of having people on the list that actually don't want to be on there.

Secondly, I cannot say what the problem might be from the information you gave, but it might be either a spam problem or a double-opt-in issue.

I have been using MailCheat(Chimp), but seen better results using our own system for our e-commerce customers. Plus it's cheaper, because w/ a list of over 25'000 subscribers it gets kind of costly. For my blog I am trying Convertkit right now, which offers a free version, but it's too early to tell, whether the deliverability is good or not. The functionality is actually fairly good and easy to set up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.