The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is forex trading a fastlane process?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
C - it violates the control
E - it has a low barrier of entry
N - I don't know about Its need, I don't think there is
T - time depends on your strategy
S - It defiantly can be scaled.

in conclusion, Its not

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hey guys I just need to know something about forex trading. So here is my question:
"Is forex trading a fastlane process?"
Toxic venture to be avoided at all cost.

It is not a business because it creates no value. It is a competition in a zero sum game where you makes one dollar when someone else loses One dollar.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TSM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 7, 2020
Berlin
Toxic venture to be avoided at all cost.

It is not a business because it creates no value. It is a competition in a zero sum game where you makes one dollar when someone else loses One dollar.
Couldn't agree more.
Trading has a peculiar allure because it looks so easy and it exploits every one of our mental biases to convince us it's a viable career option. It's not. I worked with some great traders (as a student) and watched them make money day in, day out. I also met lots of my fellow subscribers to their services and profitable traders were rare as hen's teeth (maybe one or two out of 100's). Those who succeeded had one factor in common: they were already very wealthy. Trading was a hobby to them so their mindset was different.

Here's my account of how I lost over 100,000 Euros (and nearly my sanity!!!) Hope Dies Last - eight years as a day trader

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Couldn't agree more.
Trading has a peculiar allure because it looks so easy and it exploits every one of our mental biases to convince us it's a viable career option. It's not. I worked with some great traders (as a student) and watched them make money day in, day out. I met lots of my fellow subscribers to their services but only one or two made money. Those who succeeded had one factor in common: they were already very wealthy. Trading was a hobby to them so their mindset was different.

Here's my account of how I lost over 100,000 Euros (and nearly my sanity!!!) Hope Dies Last - eight years as a day trader

Damn, 8 years dude...
I did it for 1-2 years and it was miserable.
I came out as a better "gambler" though(not forex which is the worst). It´s a good pasttime if you are fairly good at reading the market, but being a daytrader is a waste of precious lifetime.

TSM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 7, 2020
Berlin
no forex trading takes time and focus
Also, one bad day, one mistake and you can blow up years of hard work. You need to be in top physical and mental condition every day and have to deal with the stress of missing trades, losing streaks and winning streaks and all these play havoc with your mental health. Just like the gold-rush shovel sellers, the people who make money out of trading are the teachers.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
No, your "value" to the market is simply to provide liquidity...

That said, like all crowded spaces, only the top few and the "coaches" and "gurus" make the money. Why trade Forex when I can teach it!? Very similar to MLM ... 99% lose...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
While I agree it is not a business or fastlane...

It is not a zero sum game, and this is not the way voluntary exchange works.

Just like the stock market... You don't win at someone else's expense directly.

If you buy, you are buying at a price someone else was willing to sell at. That means the seller wanted your money more than they wanted the asset they exchanged for it, but you wanted the asset more than your money. Win-win.

If you sell, you are selling at a price someone else was willing to buy at. That means the buyer wanted the asset more than they wanted the money they exchanged for it, but you wanted the money more than the asset. Win-win.

These are win-win value exchanges just like Chevy selling a car to someone that wants that car more than their money.

In the case of forex or equities, the win just may turn out to be a loss in the future, however a trader wouldn't make a trade unless they expected to profit on that trade. So EXPECTED profits are really the win.

The reason this isn't a business, is because you aren't creating the value you are selling. You aren't literally printing money. You are just speculating on its increase relative to another.

So you may sell something because you think it reached the top, yet someone else might think the trend has only started. You BOTH might make many in many instances and you BOTH might lose money in many instances.

It isn't exactly cutthroat. It is just a bunch of people deciding to buy or sell based on a pretty well established market price.

@SKYSE if you are pretty good with geopolitical analysis... It can be a consideration for you... BUT:

The majority of the world's central banks agree on Keynesian theory which is why you can probably currency swap all day over the next several years... You could end up tripling the amount of some major currency you have in your possession... You can give yourself a big pat on the back for all this effort... Job well done... And STILL have less buying power than you have today. Hope the pat on the back was worth it. The pat on the back and $20 will buy you a cup of coffee.

A business wins you buying power at the going rate, not paper with dead mob bosses on them.

Fiat, from any country, is not my idea of an investment right now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.