The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

0 to 1

Paulandrei0to1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 9, 2020
Warning this is not yet a success story.
Im here for guidance.

Bit of intro 1st
Hi! Im a 21 y/o from a poor asian country. I grew up from broken family and little to no guidance because my mom has to work to feed us. I didnt have any idea about life, just went with the flow wherever life tossed me. I didnt have goals or dreams. I was absolutely lost. And alienated.

One of the best things i encountered in my life was books. Started from meaningless short romances to novels to spiritual books. It greatly helped me to see the world beyond my limited self. The more i read the more I realized how much im uneducated.

I grew very curious about the world and wanted to understand it. I always wonder why the rich keeps getting rich and how some people became so powerful. Stuffs like that.

So i searched and searched. Everywhere. Until a vid of james jai was recommended for me in youtube. (Most people here might be familiar with him) He kind of like awakened me. And hes the reason why im here! Thankfully, he mentioned two authors: Eckhart tolle -who really helped me alot too - and MJ DeMarco.
And thats how i got here! I just read TMF last month.

Reading TMF is also one of the best things that happened in my life. Its the enlightenment XD
It brought a total shift in my life. A shift like theres no more going back whatever life brings. I have many books and most remain unread but when i tried to take a glimpse at TMF, its just... Its the first book i took notes from and read for days straight 'til i finished it.

I couldnt find my purpose until i read TMF. It made me realize so many things. I cant be just expecting some event to happen and my life will fall into place if i just let things happen. Process is missing in my life. I must have a goal and continuosly work towards it. Thats the purpose, have a dream and achieve it!

So for the guidance part...

Reading TMF also made me realize that i wasted so much of my life living like a zombie, i dont want to keep living like that anymore. I want to do something meaningful. I dont care if that means working my a$@/ off now. Im at 0 now and i want that million$ but i must reach 1 first.

So If u guys may, i just want to ask for ur advice before i dive into learning something useful.

Is it a good idea to learn web dev now considering im starting from scratch and many r already so good at it? I just got started learning JS and its fun but to use it as skill to earn and provide service i think will take years.
Any advice or other recommendations i could try?

I dont know where to start yet so my goal for now is to just learn a skill that could be useful. Atleast have some experience, be in the field, expand my knowledge and see how providing a service goes. Its still new to me.
Im really interested to commiting into this but i think i still have so much to learn. I dont know which to prioritize more.

Thats it, thank you for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro.

mosam

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 12, 2020
Quebec (Canada)
Welcome @Paulandrei0to1.
To answer your question, I would say to not rush into things too fast.
Take your time and read the book(s) again if you ever feel the need to.

It could also be interesting for you to wander into the gold threads on the forum; I personally think they bring some very good insights about the entrepreneurship life.

Cheers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...