The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

All in one person available?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Andy777E

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 8, 2018
All,

I understand the need of a specialized skill set staff. However, with the small business there are so many small needs.
I am working with already 4-5 freelancers and with day job it becomes hectic managing them as well as so many small tasks.
I would rather focus on a bigger strategy as small tasks drain my energy.

How have you been able to manage initial so many tasks and dealing with freelancers?Looking for another 'me' all in one person who can handle things responsibly.
We deal with specialized IT work and needs range Marketing, creating content, networking, IT Releases/Updates/ testing, and lot more.

Appreciate inputs!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Finding an all-in-one person for stuff like that is very difficult. If someone is capable of doing all that, they're going to be pretty expensive.

What you can do, though, is find someone to manage the tasks. I had someone for a while that did that for me. She didn't have to understand the details of everything, just the fact that it needed to be done. The fact that someone else was doing 'cat wrangling' made the whole thing a lot less stressful for me. She would then bring me in when a decision needed to be made about something technical.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The first thing that comes to mind when I hear "all in one person" is the typical under-staffed business that puts all the weight on the shoulders of one employee to size down while paying them the same. Then the turnover is ridiculous because people are miserable.

What you CAN do is hire a general manager. They don't need to know the specifics to a T, just make sure they are doing their job/on timeline/etc. and handle the small/medium decisions to get weight off your shoulders.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
All,

I understand the need of a specialized skill set staff. However, with the small business there are so many small needs.
I am working with already 4-5 freelancers and with day job it becomes hectic managing them as well as so many small tasks.

How have you been able to manage initial so many tasks and dealing with freelancers?Looking for another 'me' all in one person who can handle things responsibly.
We deal with specialized IT work and needs range Marketing, creating content, networking, IT Releases/Updates/ testing, and lot more.

Appreciate inputs!
Basically you are looking for Project Manager , assuming all these tasks are related to one project.
Good project manager is expensive, try to make the most one you trust from these freelancer to be project manager.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
As mentioned a project Manager might work, otherwise to combine the roles together you may want to look for a well rounded "technical VA" (just made that term up) - something we've hired for via Upwork in the past with some success.

Adam Yakubu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Aug 22, 2020
Ghana
Well I wouldn't call my self an All-in-one person, However I have a variety of skills I learnt on my journey of the Fastlane - HTML, Digital marketing, Content creation and Computer and Project management. Shoot me a Dm
All,

Appreciate inputs!

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Sounds like you need to hire an entrepreneur.....

To bad they don't want a job :(

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Basically you are looking for Project Manager , assuming all these tasks are related to one project.
Good project manager is expensive, try to make the most one you trust from these freelancer to be project manager.
cant we hire a professional project manager and ask the project manager to teach 3 of our employees, so we can have 3 jr pm and 1 sr pm

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
There is a big need for this type of person. It's some kind of a project manager like @AppMan wrote.
I personally think that it's important that this person is willing to put 100% in the company. And for that, I believe it's essential to give the person a small part of the company as direct motivation. But the person can't be afraid to put in 70+ hours workweeks if necessary. In my last business, we also hired somebody as a project manager and even gave them 25% of the company to an additional rather small salary but it paid out so well. We could focus on the future and he put in everything he could. Think it was the absolute best thing we could to even if the 25% hurt really bad in the beginning. :)
Would really encourage you to do the same. If you need any additional help just shot me a pm.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
cant we hire a professional project manager and ask the project manager to teach 3 of our employees, so we can have 3 jr pm and 1 sr pm
Main Project management skills comes first from experience , for example to be good in estimating the timeline of project you need years of experience. However some basic skills can be taught like working on Gant chart , creating tasks, etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.