The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Love all your work @MJ DeMarco but totally hate the fact there is no other options besides the bezos overlord platforms to purchase.
I recently bought an ebook from Kobo. It was one of the few places where I could find that particular book.

Although it may not have as much audience exposure, the reader interface still works just fine.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I recently bought an ebook from Kobo. It was one of the few places where I could find that particular book.

Although it may not have as much audience exposure, the reader interface still works just fine.

I don't trust companies that make you put in credit card details for a free trial.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Finally!

I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After several weeks of modifications, I put my short-story up on Kindle. You might be familiar with it -- it is the heavily modified (and extended) version of the argument I overheard as a limousine driver. (This Kindle version is 4 times longer with 4 times the smackdown!)

Here is the synopsis:

Can a short 18-minute conversation I overheard from a millionaire make you a fortune?
It did for me.
And it can do the same for you.
Go back to 1996 and eavesdrop on the tense 18-minute argument I unwittingly heard. An altercation between two friends. One living a dream. The other faking it. Listen in on the powerful conversation that changed the trajectory of my life and ultimately made me a millionaire— many times over.
Delivered in a raw narrative form, step into my shoes as a depressed limousine driver and five-time failed entrepreneur. Witness the argument as I did, an argument that exposed wealth’s guiding first-principles. An poignant story of sacrifice, immutable regret, and life-changing insight... a transcendent tale relevant in an year, any economy, or any country.
Discover the right questions and you’ll discover the right answers— answers that will set you free.
Based on a true story.

41-1TNJUlDL.jpg

View attachment 31009

Again, it is based on the conversation I overheard while employed as a limousine driver. If you already downloaded the similar story I offered here for FREE, this public version is a bit more elaborate and about 4X the length. After the conclusion of the story (it's about a 20 minute read) there are 25 questions to ponder, questions to help you *THINK* about your life (and business) going forward!

If you have KU, would appreciate some downloads!

If you are not a member of KU and want to join to receive the book for FREE, here is the link to join (affiliatized via forum system)

On the execution front, I'm hoping this story serves as a bit of an introduction to my work to new readers in the KU eco-system. In the future, it also can serve as what marketers refer to as a "lead magnet". In the back matter, it includes both TMF and Unscripted previews. If the reader does not have KU, the price for the short book is $1.29, the price of a 3 minute song downloaded on iTunes.

Enjoy!!

PS: Makes GREAT reading while in QUARANTINE!!!! ;)

Purchased without reading your post. Will read it tonight.

Thank you for your work, as always.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I don't trust companies that make you put in credit card details for a free trial.
Kobo asked you for credit card details for free trial???

If I can remember, not only did it didn't offer me a free trial, but only asked me for credit card details upon the first book purchase.

But ya, I get you.
Sometimes I had to recheck that Scribd wasn't running away with my money, even after I paused paid membership haha.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Kobo asked you for credit card details for free trial???

If I can remember, not only did it didn't offer me a free trial, but only asked me for credit card details upon the first book purchase.

But ya, I get you.
Sometimes I had to recheck that Scribd wasn't running away with my money, even after I paused paid membership haha.

I read somewhere it was a trial with credit card, I looked again and can't find wealth exposed (just unscripted & tmf which I already have.

For amz i tried to make an account but it wanted a CC, so I guess I can't get the book

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
The section where Gary details the idea of building a system that pays you TIME was very insightful.

Also, is there any other piece of written literature in the world that has a character named DRAKKAR? :rofl:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Glad that I finally finished the book in one sitting!

Reminded me about how a business has a higher purpose beyond just 'grinding', and how mindset changes can either blind or free us.

A lot of echoed concepts from TMF , but I took away some new lessons as well.

One of them, which is not to let family abandonment get in the way of building a better life. I had no idea Gary was left to dry by his parents!

The quality of the story here gives me a hint on what I can expect from MJ's upcoming semi-fiction book...a very good attention-puller, keeps my brain rewarded to read sentence after sentence, and I somehow wished the book was a little longer.

cjh382

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 4, 2011
Mexico City, MX
Solid one-sitting read that serves as a reminder of why we do what we do. Almost EVERYTHING is an opportunity and yet so often we tell ourselves to wait for the right moment, the right deal, better timing, etc...

Only to kick ourselves when someone else does what we talked about. Execution > everything.

ryjohn829

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 20, 2020
Suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts
Finally!

I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After several weeks of modifications, I put my short-story up on Kindle. You might be familiar with it -- it is the heavily modified (and extended) version of the argument I overheard as a limousine driver. (This Kindle version is 4 times longer with 4 times the smackdown!)

Here is the synopsis:

Can a short 18-minute conversation I overheard from a millionaire make you a fortune?
It did for me.
Go back to 1996 and eavesdrop on the tense 18-minute argument I unwittingly heard. An altercation between two friends. One living a dream. The other faking it. Listen in on the powerful conversation that changed the trajectory of my life and ultimately made me a millionaire— many times over.
Delivered in a raw narrative form, step into my shoes as a depressed limousine driver and five-time failed entrepreneur. Witness the argument as I did, an argument that exposed wealth’s guiding first-principles. An poignant story of sacrifice, immutable regret, and life-changing insight... a transcendent tale relevant in an year, any economy, or any country.
Discover the right questions and you’ll discover the right answers— answers that will set you free.
Based on a true story.

41-1TNJUlDL.jpg

View attachment 31009

Again, it is based on the conversation I overheard while employed as a limousine driver. If you already downloaded the similar story I offered here for FREE, this public version is a bit more elaborate and about 4X the length. After the conclusion of the story (it's about a 20 minute read) there are 25 questions to ponder, questions to help you *THINK* about your life (and business) going forward!

If you are not a member of KU and want to join to receive the book for FREE, here is the link to join (affiliatized via forum system)

On the execution front, I'm hoping this story serves as a bit of an introduction to my work to new readers in the KU eco-system. In the future, it also can serve as what marketers refer to as a "lead magnet". In the back matter, it includes both TMF and Unscripted previews. If the reader does not have KU, the price for the short book is $1.29, the price of a 3 minute song downloaded on iTunes.

Enjoy!!

Y can’t I just get it on audible :( that’s just seams kinda lazy

Kindle and audible are owned by amazon. It seams a little half baked but I’ll still listen

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
I have already posted here, but now have time to share my deeper thoughts.

Just bought it. I actually wanted to suggest - I enjoy reading more about how people, you MJ included, struggled and what the road looked like, pre-move to Arizona.

I really like the pre-success feeling of the story as I wrote before. I also want to emphasise the lessons included and the value of the knowledge.

I wanted to focus on something else.

While I was reading it, I was under the impression none of our heroes were listening to each other. They were talking about different experiences and feelings. Some regrets, successes ... but none of them listened to each other.

I am guessing (incorrectly?) that most of us will applaud Gary Patel (and Jeff Drakkar) as they are serving as metaphors for success, Fastlane success. Am I right?

BUT are they really happy - namely is Gary happy? We don't know...

I can see there a second conversation between the lines. Full of negative emotions on both sides, in my opinion.

There have been many 'successful' people (entrepreneurs) around the world who died 'young'. Mid fifties? Mid sixties? Still young! Still a long time before the magically imposed retirement age of 65-67. Steve Jobs? Patrick Swayze? Your next door neighbour? Your friend's father when you were 10 (and his father 42 - true story)? Have you heard of them? What happened to them?

In many cases it might be due to stress, but why would a successful entrepreneur stress if he is already established and 'money buys happiness'... A lot of it might be due to unresolved issues from childhood and suppressed pain inside. And inability to release this historical pain in adulthood plus building more and more pain in adulthood on top of it (vicious circle)...

This is only my take. Might not even be close to the truth, but I thought I could share as I think it can save or 'extend' someone's life for a couple of years.

I don't intend to steal or pollute the thread and hope it's the right place to post.

Thomas Wood

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
471%
May 26, 2019
Finally!

Here is the synopsis:

It did for me.
Based on a true story.

41-1TNJUlDL.jpg

View attachment 31009

Enjoy!!

Just curious are you going to do an audio version on audible? I really enjoyed listening to millionaire fast lane audiobook especially since you narrated.

-Tom

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Y can’t I just get it on audible :( that’s just seams kinda lazy

Kindle and audible are owned by amazon. It seams a little half baked but I’ll still listen

G i donta know maybe cuz the KU
Just curious are you going to do an audio version on audible? I really enjoyed listening to millionaire fast lane audiobook especially since you narrated.

-Tom

Perhaps eventually, at the moment I cannot as long as it is an exclusive title with Kindle Unlimited.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Perhaps eventually, at the moment I cannot as long as it is an exclusive title with Kindle Unlimited.

You can publish it as an audiobook. Even when enrolled in Kindle Unlimited there's nothing that prevents you from publishing your book in a different format. The exclusivity is only for ebook.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You can publish it as an audiobook. Even when enrolled in Kindle Unlimited there's nothing that prevents you from publishing your book in a different format. The exclusivity is only for ebook.

Wow, I thought I read the terms differently. If that is so, I will get it done! Thank you so much!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is "non-electronic"

No, it is too short of a book ... would be a "pamphlet", not a book, ha ha.

axeman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 13, 2019

I have been looking around to purchase it. Thanks to your post. I recently bought the audiobook version from Kobo.

Andysykes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 27, 2020
England
Finally!

Here is the synopsis:

It did for me.
Based on a true story.

41-1TNJUlDL.jpg

View attachment 31009

Audiobook now available:
Amazon.com: Wealth Exposed: This Short Argument I Overheard Made Me a Fortune...Can It Do the Same for You? (Audible Audio Edition): MJ DeMarco, MJ DeMarco, Viperion Corporation: Audible Audiobooks

Enjoy!!

Already downloaded going through all 3 in quick time outstanding literature and real talk no BS, all the books i have read these are in my top 5. thank you, for Giving me 5 star oil, I know now I was running on cheap oil.

FitRay

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 17, 2020
Berlin, Germany
Amazing book! Actually I bought it, before I joined the forum and it motivated me to join, because I read both books many times, read threads in the forum a lot and then, when I read WEALTH EXPO$ED I thought: OK, now I should join that community :) will read it again, soon and already recommended it twice.

Bert B

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 10, 2018
Ireland
Finally!

Here is the synopsis:

It did for me.
Based on a true story.

41-1TNJUlDL.jpg

View attachment 31009

Audiobook now available:
Amazon.com: Wealth Exposed: This Short Argument I Overheard Made Me a Fortune...Can It Do the Same for You? (Audible Audio Edition): MJ DeMarco, MJ DeMarco, Viperion Corporation: Audible Audiobooks

Enjoy!!

Hi MJ,

Well done!

I remember the older version and look forward to reading the updated one. Just downloaded through Kindle Unlimited (which I am loving by the way!)

I have taken your previous advice in using my time (usually wasted on a bus, or whatever) by reading a book, listening to a podcast, etc. Next time, I will read your short story.

Thanks for all your work. I am still working on applying the principles. Have to be honest, it's been a tough road.

Take care!

Bertie Brosnan from Ireland

livetrue

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Oct 27, 2019
Canada
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for the book.

You're welcome MJ. :rofl:

Kieran Proven

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jan 11, 2017
Perth Australia
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar.

This upcoming book is full length -- it is a full fictional story woven in a non-fiction business book. It's the story of a young couple trying to start a business.

How's it going MJ. It's been a while since I was in the forum. I noticed the minimalist avatar, I enjoyed the Willy Wonka. I have signed up for your pre-release of your next book.

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both types of people before, and it's very clear in the long term which person's decisions can create a life truly worth living and not majorly regretting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.